Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I played a gloves run with posieden special, all the knock back damage and explosions, and the extra bounce. I never want to do styx a different way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Frida Call Me posted:

10 stacks of chill debuff on a boss completely offsets FO2! Just have to make it there.

Chill is just so good, I started to make a point to get some every run. It trivializes all the big fights, especially dad.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Yeah, I feel if I use the god keepsakes I always fall into the same build. I've won my last ten runs while increasing heat just doing the darkness weapon + keepsake for synergy.

I still need to level some keepsakes but when that's done I'm going strictly darkness bonus + pom. I've been playing a lot and don't want to burn out. I kind of wish they choose a random aspect of the darkness weapon to give even more thirst to switch things up more.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

This seems like a good idea - my Styx keepsake tends to be really floaty anyway, and there have been plenty of times I've made it to Styx without a Call.

I really like the spearpoint for the styx keepsake. So much of the damage there is continuous light damage like lasers or poison that it saves me so much.

Also, I just did em3 for the first time and I was not expecting that.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

zoux posted:

What casts pair well with Poseidon blade

I always like artemis, because she had a good damage tracking cast and it's the prerequisite to exit wounds which posieden loves

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Question about fated persuasion and room rewards.

It appears that it'll never give me a choice between stuff for the run or metacurrency. What are the pools it can draw from on a reroll? Is it true I can't ever reroll gems into a boon or something? Also, where do hammers/hermes go?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Infinite Karma posted:

A big boost for Dio, Zeus, Artemis, and Area attack/specials is beelining for Chaos boosts to attack/special. Since you just have your base weapon damage (or a small boost with Artemis), doubling it with Chaos on top of the scaling flat damage boost ends up being a pretty major DPS increase.

So +% attack/special stacks with things like lightening/hangover/doom and not just the initial hit damage that procs those effects?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Breaking Wave and Typhoons fury are the ones that make the pinball build really fun, everything just gets slammed and makes explosions. Razer shoals are good for bosses, but I find it meh against mobs.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I had my first EM4 today, and double Sneak was a huge pain

I also did my first one today the double sweep kept screwing me up, and then I went all in on burning down phase two. who knew there's a phase three!

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I like 1 bar calls for things that give you invincibility to ignore some damage, or with dio because you can only stack so much poison at once.

Also, aphro comedy option against hades.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

I think there's something wrong with Hades on PC and using a Switch Pro Controller.

I have Hades on my PC and using the Epic Games Store. I am using the Switch Pro Controller wired VIA the USB-C cord it comes with. It was working fine but now the + Button and the B button will press twice in succession, whic makes it unable to pause from the controller and uses up the second dash instantly. I am not sure why that is happening. I tested it on other games on PC and my switch but both seems fine. Anyone else have this problem?

I have this exact same problem, and so do other people on reddit. No idea what causes it.

I got around it by adding the executable to steam as a non-steam game and then launching it through big picture mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

I feel like the hidden Fists aspect is just the hidden Sword aspect but with the added complication of you have to dash special them first and also enemies do more damage.

The hidden fists aspect to me is all about getting hermes and then doing 7 dashes in a row.