Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Enjoying the sword the most. What boons are good with it? Only unlocked the spear and bow so far and the sword seems way better than both. Tho the spear has potential

I like getting hangover on sword attack and deflect on special. I'm still at like 4 heat though so basically anything wins a run as long as get to like 300 hp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Paperhouse posted:

drat, I got to Hades with a few defiances left and what I thought was a really good build, but still couldn't beat him. His attacks just seem to come from everywhere constantly

One thing I figured out was that when he throws a skull at you, it sits out there with a countdown, and when it's up the skull pops and that's how those blast waves trigger. Go kill the skulls so you don't get caught having to dodge two things at once.

Also dodge towards/through the spin attack, not with it! Some kind of armor breaking hammer upgrade really helps with the summons because they have normal(ish?) health but crazy huge armor.

Aim for centaur hearts. 25 max hp is actually 62.5 total health if you have 3 defiances! Even when I play really poorly and eat a ton of poo poo, if I have 350 max hp I can just brute force him.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
I have 1 rank of the extra enemies and 2 ranks of extreme measures right now. Bone hydra is such a different fight now it's awesome.