Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Yeah I think I'm done with this game. I've got clears on all the other weapons and even a few low heat runs on fists and spear, but I wanted to get the master of arms prophecy done and the only weapon I haven't cleared with is the rail gun. I spent all day today trying to get it done, and I just cannot get the hang of this loving weapon :negative: The reload mechanic leaves me click click clicking while I panic as Hades smacks me in the face, the dash-attack has a weird delay at the end of it unlike any of the other weapons, and it's just not clicking with me.

I know full well that I suck hard at this game but I've got such a bad taste in my mouth right now; this is making me see now that I'm at my personal skill cap and there's not much point in banging my head against a wall.

Great music though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Incoherence posted:

It's easier to build around the special than the attack, I think. Cluster rockets are the dream: if you get those two hammers then you can kinda just shotgun bosses to death.

I don't know why I was in a rut banging my head against a wall for several hours trying to make gun attack work, but this was the kick in the brain I needed, so thanks. Once I switched to focusing on the special I managed to get a zero heat clear with the gun and finished master of arms.

Then I went back to fists and did my next heat level and one shot it. That felt good. Maxed zag fist, lambent plume, and a Hermes dodge buff is just lol.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

OK I learned a very important lesson last night: look at the room number before you take a chaos gate. I went into the fury sisters fight with a +76% damage taken curse and lost a DD. Then I did THE EXACT SAME loving THING before the hydra fight and went into it with the dash distance curse and lost another DD.

Chaos is just loving with me.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Is there even confirmation that there's going to be more content for this game? It's not something they've done with any of their other games...

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

ZypherIM posted:

I've been leaning in favor of the increase for duo boons, those tend to move a lot of fun builds from "fun and fairly good" to "ahahah". The increase in power from having more epic boons is good, but they don't tend to enable things like getting hunting blades or crystal tracking. Also a decent number of builds really, really like having the legendary boon from a god (zeus, artemis, ares for examples), and getting one of those is a way bigger increase than having more of your misc boons be epic.

Yeah, boon rarity is just a bigger number, which you can somewhat make up for with a pom, but duo boons can't be replicated. It's a qualitative difference.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Had the aphro legendary (weakened foes sometimes auto charm) for the Theseus/Asterius fight, and it proc'ed on Asterius with only a sliver of life left just as Theseus was doing his 360 spin attack, and it killed Asterius. There's actually a voice line: 'No! Beast! I didn't mean it!' or something to that effect. I felt bad because Asterius didn't deserve that. This fuckin' game man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The hades call buffs your attack and if you’re in a build all about attacks it’s “free” in that it doesn’t use a boon slot. Acorn is for if you think you’re gonna get hit a lot during the boss which some of the top speed runners do not

It's a 100% buff to all damage, not just attack, for 2 seconds after activation, and also good uptime for billowing strength.