Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I unlocked the ability to upgrade weapons with titan blood... is titan blood in limited supply, in the early goings of the game? Do I have to worry at all about using it sparingly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hm, in that case are there any aspects that are considered hands-down great even at low levels?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How do you "deepen your relationship" with Skelly?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Theseus is probably my biggest run killer at this point. Especially when he starts calling for a god, having to maneuver around those AOEs plus ty to get around his shield really messes me up.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got my first clear!! Love them fists

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there an all-around good aspect for the Rail to go for? Zagreus?

Also, how do you unlock the hidden aspects? I've already beaten the game a couple of times, so that doesn't seem to be doing it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah ok, Eris Rail is good! Its way easier to activate the buff and keep it active than I was expecting. Especially with the cluster bomb hammer, keeping it up is no big deal. But I also think this aspect made get over the hump of “you have to reload????” and really actually give the weapon a try

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Tried the chaos blade hammer upgrade for the sword (the one that gives you hp back whenever you attack, but reduces your total health by a ton) and it kinda wrecked my run? I don’t know, I know people LOVE it so it’s probably just me, and it was pretty great in the normal chambers, but the final boss just wrecked me.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've been doing some Heat 0 runs to get all of those rewards, and landed on this set of stuff:

Rocket Bomb + Triple Bomb is a crazy combo, and works way better with Eris than I was expecting. And Charm works on everyone, including Hades and is especially fun on Theseus and Asterius.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I haven’t unlocked any hidden aspects yet, so I want to make sure I have this right. First you need to spend 5 titan bloods on a spear aspect that isn’t zagreus. Then eventually, when you talk to Achilles he’ll unlock the hidden aspect for you? And then from then on, when you have at least 5 blood invested in a non-zagreus aspect for a weapon you’ll be able to unlock the hidden aspect?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Digital Osmosis posted:

I hate the poison in Styx so loving much. Is there something I can do to either learn to deal with it better or mitigate it? Does Athena's trap defense boon work on it?

So I didn't know this for the longest time, but you can interact with those bathing tree people and they will instantly cure the poison. Really made Styx a lot less annoying.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So if I'm still trying to collect nectars to give to people, Dark Foresight is a bad mirror upgrade to have on right? Since it will increase the chance of seeing non-consumable rewards.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Question about unlocking a hidden sword aspect.... so I know you need Guan Yu unlocked, 5 bloods in non-zag sword aspects, then eventually Nyx will talk to you about it. Now I've also read you need the weapon equipped for them to talk about it. But what does it mean to have a weapon 'equipped' in the house of hades? Do I need to finish/lose a run with the sword in order for it to be considered to be "equipped" so Nyx can mention it? I doubt I can just go to the weapon room and equip the sword, run back and try to talk to her.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The hidden sword aspect is so good. It's like a whole new weapon! Might be my new favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Who the heck is Battie?