Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Looks like I'm a year late to the party but bought this for the switch the other day and just beat hades on my 12th attempt

Bow is good. Got a bunch of the ice lady's boons including ice lasers :hellyeah:

More importantly I had 4 dashes which was super useful in the last fight.

Now to look into what this titans blood stuff is all about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Jables88 posted:

Just a few runs in so far and loving it. One question however, I don't see how Cast is ever useful? It feels like it's no stronger than my (for example) power shot with the Bow and I don't see why I'd want to dump boons into an ability that is so limited in charges. Can anyone open my eyes as I'm sure that in a game as well designed as this it's me missing something.

I've only had the game less than a week myself but my first sword clear was the poseiden aspect and a cast build. Got 5-6 casts between mirror upgrade, boons, and chaos gates. Atremis cast which is a homing shot and increased damage which I leveled up a bunch. And damage when casts are dislodged, which the poseiden sword does on special. Maybe not the greatest dps but was great burst damage with the casts and dislodges and very safe. Zeus cast seems good for clearing out rooms as well but kind of annoying to figure out where your cast ends up sometimes.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
So I beat Hades with every weapon and got the pile of titan blood as a reward. Maxed out the Chiron Bow and holy hell is that thing op when you get the two hammers that buff your special. And Atremis on special.

Only up to 3 heat though. But I had all three DD remaining and didn't even bother avoiding damage on Hades. Just face tanked it and obliterated him lol. I know that won't work so well vs extreme dad

My one successful rail run was great because I got the hammer with the nukes and a buffed as hell Zeus cast. So I'd just enter a room and obliterate everything in seconds. Wasn't great for bosses though but did well enough for 1 heat.

Goddamn this game owns.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Was feeling really good about my run. Had a great build goin. Looking forward to how fast I could beat dad

Dad: not this time, just go

:(

Anyway, saw the credits! :woop: 33 runs in. Gonna shelve the Bow for a bit and go back to some other weapons.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
The last area where you are searching for the satyr sack is very button mashy. Just enter rooms and spam cast/special/call and mash sprint trying to murder everything before they have a chance to attack.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Beat extreme dad for the first time with excalibur. Weakness on attack, chill on special, and the damage reduction field and I just face tanked him lol. Had stubborn roots but never went through my last death defiance. Even had 30% faster attack and special from hermes. And 20% dodge. drat what a good build.

Edit: forgot i got killed twice by charon in tartarus in that run too haha

Bananasaurus Rex fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 15, 2021

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Knowing where skulls are is very important. You don't have to clear all of them. If he leaves one or two on one end of the room just move to the other and the blast radius won't reach you. If there are a bunch then clear one out for some breathing room.

Save your call in phase one for when he summons as that is the most hectic part of the fight for me. And make sure not to waste a summon right before he changes phases and puts up a shield.

He has a lot of openings in the second part of the fight. In the first phase he only shoots lasers in front of him so whack him in the back. When he does 360 lasers you can run right up to him and hug him and they won't damage you, and you get a bunch of free hits. Summoning the lamp things is also a bunch of free hits. Then make sure to clear the lamps from one part of the room by dashing through them (hopefully you have a good dash boon for this). Basically whenever he stops in the second part of the fight and looks like he's about to do something (lasers or lamps) its a good idea to run right up to him and start attacking. If you can make it in time otherwise duck behind a rock.

The rest of the fight is just figuring out how to avoid his big spear spin. You have to be prepared to dash through it or get the hell away from him. Hit and run but be aggressive.

Also getting an attack and special boon that apply statuses for privelaged status is a big damage boost. My weak runs usually lacks that. If you dont have a good status on both attack and special then try for dash. Athena dash is really good when paired with the boon that leaves enemies exposed when you deflect. Just dash though and hit their backs. Plus dash deflect is really good for knock those skulls away when he shoots them at you.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Poseidon sword is kind of gimmicky but getting a decently leveled up Exit Wounds, fast cast/auto return from Hermes and a solid high damage cast like Athena or Artemis, along with a buffed special, gives you bonkers amounts of burst.

The problem isn’t that Poseidon is bad, it’s that Excalibur is ludicrously overtuned.

Yeah excalibur is facetank easy mode when you combine it with weak.

And the hermes spear aspect is better for cast builds anyway imo.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Warmachine posted:

You just made me look because I was absolutely positive spear didn't have a Hermes. Did you mean Hades? Because I tend to agree. Spin to win is a great gimmick.

edit: Spin to win, but a misclick at the start cost me Mirage Shot. There was a fishing spot back in Tartarus I stopped to grab that was too close to a Zeus door, when I'd meant to go through the Poseidon door.

lol oh i meant achilles

You get a buff when you throw and warp to your spear. Buffed casts do a lotta damage when you build for it.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Once you get used to the last two bosses and styx then you can get a decent streak going

that is until EM4 :getin:

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I like going aphrodite on attack for the hidden sword aspect. Not only is she the highest % attack boon but weakness lets you proc privelaged status and the damage reduction goes great with the special aura. Facetank everything.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Warmachine posted:

Go Aphrodite/Athena to stack Deflection boons and Bronze Skin atop Aphrodite's Different League and weakness. Then get all of the hearts you can, and sit in front of dad taking like 5 damage per hit on a life bar with 500HP.

Don't forget Aphrodite has a boon that makes health gain from hearts bigger, and Athena has a shield the deflects one hit and recharges every 20 seconds.

You can do stupid things with this. Someone else said it, but hidden sword is probably the most overtuned aspect in the game.

I did this but demeter special for chill and was able to facetank even EM4 dad. Well, I avoided some attacks but still he was doing like 8-10 damage on most attacks when I was in my aura. 25 damage max on his big attacks.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
My problem with charon is I always fight him in tartarus with only one boon and sometimes with a chaos penalty lol. I think, eh nbd I can get those death defiances back later but then of course they opportunities don't show up.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I did benefits package 2 just to finally get the the popper one where the elysium guys make like 5 exploding ghosts when they die. I also had the chaos debuff going where enemies drop bombs on death. So many explosions. I died very fast.

Also the one that makes clones of enemies in tartarus is hilarious when you enter a skull room.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Boon purging is not actually that bad imo. Just make sure to take a lot of boons (save money for shops) and you'll probably have a couple that are easy sales. Also save a roll for that so you don't have to sell an attack/special/cast/dash boon.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I usually go aphrodite attack and artemis special for the duo. Crazy burst damage when you get a good crit build going. Need status on cast to get privelaged status tho. Which involves multiple boons.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

ChaosReaper posted:

Am I doing something wrong or have I just had some poo poo luck lately? I keep only seeing one maybe two boons from gods I want when I'm making runs. An example, I was going to do a Dionysus run with Chiron and I started with his keepsake to get the special and then didn't see another boon from him at all for the rest of the run. This happened on the two runs prior with Zeus as well. I keep trying to start paths and then the game just never gives me another boon from that god or gives it to me so late for it not to matter anymore. I'm sure it's just luck but goddamn is that frustrating.

Yeah this happens from time to time. Equip chaos shield and ares keepsake thinking I'm gonna make a sick doom build! Then get doom on special and never see Ares again. Almost ran out of time on 9 minute tight deadline my damage was so bad.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I'm really bad with the shield but its still really good vs hades himself. Just stand there and block all his poo poo then counterattack.

Meanwhile i wreck the game with excalibur but hades manages to get a lot of good licks in since theres a slight pause before attacks. Just long enough to think i can get an attack in when I really can't. But if you get a good damage rediction build going (excalibur special field + weak + bronze skin + achilles keepsake) then you can just laugh off even hades biggest attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Death defiance and priveleged status are the best mirror talents.

For priveleged status you'll want to try and get boons on attack/special/cast/dash that apply statuses. You need two active at the same time so it's usuallt easiest to go attack and special.

Speaking of boons, when you get more comfortable with the game you can start planning out builds. Equip a gods keepsake at the start and then switch it out for something else after the first boss.

For attack boons, the slower weapons will benefit more with the big % boosts like Aphrodite, Demeter, Artemis. Faster attacking weapons will want boons on attack that add a flat attack on top or can stack status effects like Zeus, Dionysus, Ares.

You can check gods boons lists in their character screen in the pause menu. This is if you unlocked this from the contractor. This is super useful for planning builds and will tell you what boons are required for them to offer their tier 2 or 3 boons and also the duo boons requirements.

Find which weapon and aspect you like and try to get a win with that. Chiron Bow is really good. As is Eris for the Rail. People say Chaos Shield is good once you level it up all the way too, but I could never really get into shield :shrug: