Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Tidal Dash seems very strong though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

my first escape was with Fist Weapon that had Support Fire and MAN that poo poo was hilarious
entire screen just fills up with head seeking arrows flying around

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm beginning to think that I should kill Theseus before the minotaur.

yeah that's a bad idea, really hard to dodge Minotaur once Thesus goes to his Phase 2

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

YggiDee posted:

I'm at 45 runs and haven't found them yet.

Really? the buff dude with a Scythe, helps you clear a room? I found him like 15 runs in

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Hmm, are you making it to Elysium on average? I think that's the first time you run into that one

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

The best way I've found to use the Shield was to just go all-in on Dash Attacks and then spend the entire run dash-cancelling everywhere.
It was pretty effective to be fair, it was my second finish actually.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Oh wow, Winter's Harvest works on Bosses. That's loving wild man.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Honestly you could probably reskin the hammers into Hephaestus boons.

eh, them being tied to Daedalus makes a lot of sense though

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

you know when you get down to it, like 80% of all the conflict and strife that happens in Greek Mythology can be traced back to; "One day, Zeus decided to stick his dick into something he really shouldn't have"

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

hoverboard Humpty-Dumpty posted:

Athena was born when Zeus learned how to suck himself off.

truly, the power of Wisdom on display

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Surely they could have an endless mode in here somewhere though right? Like say Daedalus finished a new, never ending Labyrinth, every like, 10-15 floors you have a boss room, and after beating Big H the heat gets cranked up.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Harold Fjord posted:

Did we ever get more story with the narrator and his role in spilling the beans about mother and who he is and all that?

Dlc can just be backwards hades and I'd play the heck outta it

Speaking of which, is the narrator Homer? I bought a bust of Homer from the contractors, and the Narrator went on and on on how handsome this one is, until Zag told him to shut it.

Assuming the Narrator is also the author of the Codex, it would make a lot of sense actually

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Ares problem is that he is kind of split right between Blade Rifts and Doom, and there isn't really a good way to overlap the two as they both deal damage in rather different ways.

I will say that if you go All-In on Blade Rifts and get lucky, those things will just deal GALACTIC Damage. Like I used all 3 casts on the final boss and he already started to phase into the summon part.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

That's actually what happened yeah. I didn't get Vicious Cycle (Ares Legendary) until the end game shop, but once I did anything after that was just buzzsawed instantly. I would hit Cast Three times and the entire room would be dead.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

think the idea is to get it on a fast weapon, and then pray for Dire Misfortune or the Duo with Aphrodite

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

at just over 40 runs, I triggered my first Charon fight

I now know I am not good enough at this game to try and go for Charon fights

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Harold Fjord posted:

Easy mode: dash THROUGH and outrange it on the other side

If you catch him doing a dash, this is actually the much easier way of dodging it

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

I haven't taken the feather off in 15 runs.

Is that normal?

Are you using the Zag Fists? Because if so yes.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Wait, does the bonus dodge chance on Lambent Plumbe "save", or is it just for that run? It's the latter right?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Sekenr posted:

Did my brain break or I heard Zagreus suddenly yell "In the name of Skelly!"?
I think it might be Skelly's tooth related.

Yeah he has special lines for popping the Defiance you get off of Skelly's Tooth.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Rarity is the base effectiveness of the Boon.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

If they ever make an expansion/DLC/whatever, they should make Hera the final boss of it.
And set it up so if you try to use a Greater Zeus Call against her, she actually goes loving ballistic and gets like a 500% Attack Damage buff for the rest of the fight.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I know, but still it's odd Hera isn't in this at all, plus that would be hilarious.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Megasabin posted:

Can someone explain how to effectively use Fated Authority. I figured you would use it reroll low-tier stuff like gems or darkness, but it actually seems to go in a set order so all you end up doing is getting another key/fated authority use. Also if you use a key on nectar it can go back to gems. Do you guys basically just save it for boons and use it to switch among god choices?

I just got the quest that requires 9000 darkness. This is very stupid because you get next to no darkness on new heat runs due to bosses dropping the actual goods. To farm up this much darkness I would have to go back to doing regular runs, which sounds boring. It would also take about 9-10 runs. Lame

If you are feeling ballsy, you can just deplete your Mirror and start grinding that again

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 25, 2020

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Still early in the game (a dozen or so runs) but an area that seems to be a prime candidate for being adjusted by dlc are the act bosses. I'm already getting tired of the hydra and the minos himbos, some variety would be cool.

Or alternate acts entirely, like dead cells has been bringing in.

There's actually already alternative options for act bosses in already

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Gilgamesh actually works pretty well with Attack% boons right? I haven't used them yet but I heard they are kind of like Excalibur where it's slower, but higher damage.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

All these people making GBS threads on Heartseeker, some of you haven't put any Bloods into Chiron Aspect and it shows

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

From what I've heard, Guan Yu was straight up broken as hell for most of Early Access, then it ate a bunch of really harsh nerfs and now it's "decent but only after pumping 15 loving bloods into the thing"

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Okay my new favourite thing is getting an Epic Exit Wounds boon from Artemis while using the Poseidon Sword Aspect

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

He never shows up in Elite/Mini-Boss rooms so skipping those should increase your odds of running into him.

Speaking of Mini-bosses, I just got the Super Butterflyball, and Zag's first response to entering this room was to sigh heavily.
Me too bud, me too.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You also can't access the upgrade menu until you've unlocked all 6 base weapons (the Railgun is the last one)

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Transient People posted:

This

Treating the cast like a pure support item means you're a bad player. There are bad casts (Zeus, Aphrodite, arguably Athena), but they aren't bad because they do the deeps. Anyone who thinks otherwise has never done 2k in an instant with multiple dio bombs, or stacked ares bladestorms in a chillzone.

Zeus isn't a bad cast, it's just not great against bosses. It's some pretty great AoE damage in a pinch though, and from what I've seen and heard, solid AoE damage becomes pretty loving vital in high heats.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Has this been posted yet
https://twitter.com/grimbanana/status/1309923452502052864

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

whereas aphrodite always sounds like she's about to make a festive garland out of your insides

artemis is the only one i actually feel bad about

Aphrodite has the hardest to avoid Trial by loving far and I will take her over anything else
although one time I had to choose between her and Demeter in one of those small rooms in Elysium and I wanted to cry

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Demeter is pretty easy I feel. The snowstorm is static and slow to expand so there's enough time to run off to another part of the map. When it does hit it hits really fuckin hard though yeah. Aphrodite should be manageable in theory but sometimes it feels like the thing is playing chess with you and tries to checkmate you into a spot where you can't evade the drat thing

The gods that summon erratically moving circles on the ground are actually more annoying to me since at a certain point my mind just registers them as part of the ground and I just run headlong into them

Normally Demeter is pretty easy, but in that case I posted earlier it was in one of the really compact Elysium rooms with traps everywhere, and at max range the ice storm she summons was like almost the size of the entire room

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

The Anvil of Fate you can buy at the end might as well be a pair of Wax Wings. I just threw away an easy win, all on my own hubris...

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

How do you trigger the epilogue quest, anyway? I'm about 40-50 wins in and mom and dad are still just chilling in the house. Do I need to beat Extreme Measures 4 or something?

I think so, and I think you also need to reach Max Bond with at least some of the gods, one of which has to be Zeus

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Omobono posted:

:agreed: and oftentimes it's not really obvious what leads to easy mode.

I came out of my latest spear run with a weird Dionysus, Zeus, Demeter build.
Dio attack, Zeus cast & call, Demeter dash, Zeus/Demeter duo. I had Demeter damage when everyone's chilled and very little zap support.

Bosses melted. I really don't get how and what exactly was dealing damage, but I cleaned Theseus + Asterios in about a minute and Hades in two.
The only thing I thought this build had was easy mode privileged status.

By Zeus/Demeter duo, do you mean Cold Fusion? Because yeah if you can keep Jolted going on long enough it annihilates bosses

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

How often does Bad News ever appear? I know you need that one Mirror Upgrade to ever get it but even with that and taking Hermes as much as I can it’s still a no go. It’s all I need for that Prophecy was well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Why does Extreme Measures Theseus get A Weapon to Surpass Metal Gear
like honestly once the fight started, it caught me such off guard I burned a Defiance from the sheer absurdity