Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't have a lot of experience with the rail but triple bomb is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Eraflure posted:

That's a shame, I was really hoping for one more biome. Runs feel a bit short right now.

I like the current run length and don't really want it to get longer. Would not mind alternate zones and bosses though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

K8.0 posted:

How are you guys avoiding damage with all the visual vomit in this game? I just had a run with the Festive Fog special with the Zeus duo, and both Zeus and Artemis's autoattack projectile adds plus triple bombs on the Rail. I died because I couldn't see poo poo, in the occasional room where everything didn't just die instantly I would take a ton of damage.

Even with relatively normal stuff I have a lot of trouble.

You get used to it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

This is a reason why keepsake selection is such an important part of strategy. I always take a god to start that will force a boon with high damage potential.

I'm not super experienced yet but I have difficulty justifying picking anything except the pierced butterfly

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I don't see a prompt to interact with the weapon at all after I equip it.

That might not be unlocked from the start

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

Is the 4th aspect for each weapon unlockable yet? Or is that yet to come

I know the 6th weapon is entirely not in the game as of yet.

The 4th aspects are yet to come

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

awesmoe posted:

Because winning is as much about learning what combos work as it is about better mechanics, and that’s not even counting the mirror buffs you get as you go on.
And winning the game while (say) taking bonus trap damage is barely harder than winning normally.

Yeah the lower heat level increases that I've done so far (I'm up to 5 with some weapons) are not really that much harder than the original game.

The one that gives bosses new stuff makes the Hydra less of a boring fight too which is nice

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Yes, once you beat the game, it opens up the Pact of Punishment. This is a big list of custom difficulty modifiers that you can pick from. Everything you choose on the list gives you Heat points. Every time you raise the heat on your run by one point, it gives you the big boss drops again. This is done for each weapon in the game. So by going through and doing runs that are just a little harder every time, you'll continue to accumulate blood. Also, make sure you get to work on the Fated List of Minor Prophecies in your room when you get the opportunity. They're basically there to incentivize trying new things. Some of them will give big payouts of titan's blood and other boss drops too. Right now, I've got somewhere around 78 titan's blood from doing runs with increasing Heat and clearing some of the larger prophesies. To be clear, my total is that high because I've held off on unlocking a lot of the weapon aspects. I don't want to dump all my blood before knowing what the last weapon and other aspects are going to be.

As for your concern that you're not going to be able to clear the game on progressive difficulties... Don't stress about it. You'll be surprised at how far you'll come. I am really not very good at games. It took a bunch of tries for me to get a full clear including the final boss, but now I rarely wash out and I've been able to do runs up to about 9 Heat so far. When you get the mirror maxed out and get your head wrapped around the build strategies, you'll get clears a lot more consistently than you'd imagine. This is not a Souls game. Supergiant wants people to beat their games. The baseline difficulty is designed to where most players will be able to get a clear after awhile and the difficulty increases in the ways that you want it to from there.

I'm up to the +% on rares and you indeed get way more powerful since you just have more stuff to work with once your mirror starts to fill up.

I expect runs to get way more consistent the fated authority tier and start getting a few guaranteed rerolls under my belt.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Volte posted:

It was mainly that the run took 45 minutes when normally it's about 25-35 at most which makes it feel like an outlier. Not getting a single non-white boon felt like it might have been some random restriction on the run. :shrug:

Outliers happen in random systems all the time too

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Glare Seethe posted:

If you switch out the keepsakes that give you the speed/damage boost (Pierced Butterfly is one but can't remember the other at the moment) do you keep whatever bonus you've earned up to that point? Also, do Olympian keepsakes 'reset' between acts, e.g. if I start with Artemis can I force a second boon from her at the start of Asphodel if I just don't switch out of it?

I'm guessing the answers are no and no...

You don't keep the damage bonus

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I always win when I try the spear and I don't know why. Almost all of the runs end up kind of mediocre but I still pull a win out somehow.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

A Cup of Ramen posted:

I see so many people recommend focusing on the special or spin attack with the spear and I feel like such a weirdo because I always go on-hit normal stabby stab builds with like Zues or Dionysus plus extending jab from the hammers, one of them was even my first and fastest win :iiam:

I almost never feel like using the spin attack is worth it. Having to be stationary loving sucks.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Eraflure posted:

Hera's bow is easier to use and a good choice if you're struggling. Another great option would be the chaos shield, it's extremely safe to use and you can't really get a bad build going with it.

Still climbing up the pact of punishment to see how far the streak goes. Tried out the +400% trap on this one and didn't think much of it until I decided to throw my face into one of those pink ballistae in Elysium for 100 hp :downs:

The +400% trap damage thing is great because it's always a nonissue until you kind of forget it towards the end of the run and then suddenly take 3/4 of your HP in damage

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

punch drunk posted:

I feel like maybe I'm gimping myself but I almost never use Cast - is it something thats only really useful with Hera Bow or Poseidon Sword? I've got a number of clears now with some heat but I feel like attack or special builds are much more satisfying. I don't think I pressed the B button once on my first clear.

It becomes way better once you unlock more mirror upgrades if you haven't already.

+50% damage against enemies that have your shard lodged in them and more casts do a ton of work.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lester Shy posted:

Picked this up a few days ago and haven't been able to put it down. I just unlocked the ability to upgrade my weapons, but I haven't spent any of the Titan Blood because I don't know if it's refundable like Darkness or permanent. Also I get really bad frame drops in the 2nd and 3rd floors (haven't made it further than that yet). Any fixes for that? My PC is will beyond the recommended specs.

Titan's blood upgrades are permanent.

I used my early blood on unlocking all weapon aspects and then upgrading the ones that seemed to benefit from it the most (like the Chiron bow)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pierson posted:

If I buy on Steam is it possible to transfer my EGS save across? I'd really rather not start all over again.

Changing the platform shouldn't affect the saves at all

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Glazius posted:

I'd argue that Artemis doesn't matter much in that regard because Marked pops off when a crit lands, which is where you want your bonus damage anyway.

Unless you're spamming blade rifts or blitz disks.

Artemis is relatively bad since it doesn't work against solo bosses

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Eraflure posted:

Extreme Measures Hydra is definitely spicier.

Yeah it's way better

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

On my last run I still had the patroclus damage upgrade at Hades which was pretty fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The shield pact is pretty annoying for weapons that rely on big hits like the hades spear too