Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

What is the window for speaking with Thanathos when you encounter him? I feel like he frequently disappears without ever giving that option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Charon's prophecy contains two items I've never seen in the well store, the skeletal lure and the night spindle.

Since I don't have a neat list of requirements for these items like I have with the Boons, does anyone know if these have specific talent requirements or similar? The skeletal lure sounds fishing-related, but I've had the rod for quite a while now witouht seeing it.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

I was running around with the Aspect of Poseidon, and around Elysium I decided I should try to get Exit Wounds. So I equip Artemis' trinket, and the first god I encounter is ... Hermes. Who then tells me Artemis is looking for me. This loving game.

While I'm here: What are the best boons/synergies for the spear? It's the only weapon I still haven't completed a run with.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

A question about Poseidon's prophecy to defeat buffed Theseus: Do I need to talk to Posedion after the fight in the same run?
I've beaten the fight (and gotten the achievement), but Poseidon still hasn't mentioned anything about it in my subsequent runs.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

I was checking out just how high the Heat levels go, to get an idea of how many would have to be active to get 32 Heat.

Sometimes it's the little things.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Getting Thanathos' keepsake to 30% is kinda tough. Getting it to about 20 fairly easily, but making it to 30 ended up requiring perfect clears of a few rooms in Elysium. (I slipped up a few times in Asphodel, might have been able to make just in time without those errors.)

Still have 32 heat to go, plus a few bonds, and still some more interesting dialogue to find, I'm sure.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Been trying 32 for few attempts now. Before this I mainly hade Extreme Measures + Middle Management, so I'm still getting used to having the regular enemies hitting like trucks.

How do people feel about Benefits Package? It's one of the highest heat contributors, but a few of the modifiers really mess me up - just had a run ended in Elysium by a room full of superfast archers.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Holy poo poo, I actually did it.

The 80% heal from Stubborn defiance + Touch of Styx Dark did a lot of work here.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

FINALLY

Immediately after taking this picture, I accidentally hit reroll instead. :doh:

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

The slowest side-plot is probably Skelly, since you can't grill him about who sent him until you've asked everybody else about him. This includes Thanathos, who has a lot of dialogue with higher priority (and isn't even present half the time).

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Item Getter posted:

What does the status effect Hades puts on you that turns the edges of the screen green do?
It makes you take double damage for the duration.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Byzantine posted:

The only aspect I've unlocked is the Shield of Zeus cause I didn't want to spend all my Titan Blood and the differences seemed minimal other than being able to throw the shield and also attack with it.
The Zeus aspect has incedible synergy with the secondary zeus boon.

Byzantine posted:

Thinking over it, I think it's really that I'm getting stonewalled by the bosses. I can handle the regular rooms well enough but then I hit a boss and I can't do nearly enough damage before getting swatted. Meg's pretty easy by now and the Bone Hydra isn't bad unless I haven't gotten an armor-piercing upgrade, but everybody else...
To me Theseus felt like the point where I needed to get good at avoiding attacks instead of trying to damage race bosses. Generally you're not on a clock while fighting, so focusing on doging and only doing damage at opportune moments is a perfectly viable strategy.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

TK-42-1 posted:

Is it just me or does everyone hit the tenth win with extremely OP builds that they there very excited to kick the poo poo out of dad with? I know both my son and I hit that mark as well as a couple friends.

In my case it was my first win with the Spear. IIRC I was already out of Death Defiances and went outside thinking "welp, time to die".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Lobok posted:

To the person who asked if the game gets harder aside from Heat level, I think it does. Just today I came across that Tartarus Mini-Boss who fires beams but it was in a new room we had never fought in before. And I could swear that Theseus and the Minotaur have some new attacks, like that one where the Minotaur charges at Theseus.

I'm pretty sure a bunch of new enemies appear in Tartarus after the first time you reach the surface, same trigger as unlocking Demeter.