Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally managed to beat Hades once with the Chaos Shield + Zeus/Aphrodite boons. I thought the Shield was pretty weak when I first tried it, but it provided a ton of stability that let me last longer than I thought I would. Probably helped that I was using God Mode too.

It's fun how different weapons influence my playing style; I played super careful with Shield/Bow, but when I pick up the Sword or Fists I instinctively decide that the best way to play is to bash myself against enemies regardless of how many times I get hit and then I end up dying early in on the run.

Anyways now I really want to build something with Artemis/Aphrodite for sick crits so I have to start building up Titan Bloods again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

wuffles posted:

If you like the bow, put blood into chiron aspect and get Aphrodite on attack and Artemis on special. If you want to use Chaos shield with those two flip it the other way around: charge through enemies, throw your special to debuff them all with weak and then start smacking them with attack/dash attack crits from Artemis—the shield has good chunky base damage.

Aphrodite also offers Sweet Surrender (weak foes take more damage), Broken Resolve (weak effects are more potent), and Unhealthy Fixation (legendary that has 15% chance to charm)—applying those effects to an entire room is very potent.

I was thinking about putting points in the base bow cause it gives increased crit chance, but it's true I have been looking for a special-based bow build, so this might be it!

I just wish Titan's Blood and Diamonds dropped more frequently cause I constantly have to buy Titan Bloods with Ambrosia to get more neat weapon stuff.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Could be weapons, could be boons, could be the way you play (which is affected by weapons/boons).

On my 3rd? 4th? playthrough I managed to get to the last area, then after losing I was hardstuck on the third area (sometimes couldn't even get past the second). Then I managed to win (albeit with God Mode) by trying out a different, safer playstyle/weapon.

Now I can make it to the last area now and then depending on what I'm playing with.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is there a better way of making certain gods show up for boons? Besides Keepsakes, which only seem to help once each level of Hades?

After getting the fuckin' dope Poseidon/Zeus dash murder combo early on in my playthroughs, I've been unable to recreate that magic because they don't show up enough. Which is a shame cause I'd love to try it again now that I have a better handle on the game than before.

I also wanted to create an Aphrodite/Artemis Weak Attack -> Crit Special Demeter setup but while Artemis showed up a lot, Aphrodite was not very willing to appear.

Game's still pretty fun and hours will fly by when I play, and it's funny how I'll end up getting far with builds I never expected to do well. Like my Caster Sword build where I just spammed Artemis with 4 Ammo (thanks Chaos) and Hermes boons that increased Cast Time and had my Ammo instant make their way back to me. I only wish I had her Duo with Poseidon to make it even more projectile spammy.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh yeah I do the swapping. Start with one god, swap to another, swap to Hypnos for extra gold, and then swap to Skelly for the extra revive.

Though now that I have Persephone's keepsake I'm just relying on that at the moment.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When can I give dad more Nectar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/rudeism/status/1362376886827896832