Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I feel these bosses, particularly the second one, would be a dramatically easier affair if they didn't have invulnerability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Some of these combos make the game get pretty messy and difficult to control, but in a good way. I have the lunging special on the sword and a bunch of boons for it +dashing, so the game became spamming dash and the lunge while trying to figure out where I was at a given time.

I took a lot of damage from lava.

overall tho this loving snake can gently caress itself

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

the final boss hits like a loving truck, huh

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

why the gently caress does he have multiple forms

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

everytime I have taken the gun I have gone to the final boss.

also my first clear with it, it helps having a nuclear special that does 900 damage

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Someone explain heat gauge to me.

If it's exceeded, so I get the highest reward and everything behind it, or just the one?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

tbh I am getting pretty pissed off at dad's second phase

the laser and handhit boxes seem incorrect. particularly the hands' hurtbox, that is out way before the sprite is. annoying.

Calidus posted:

Suggest for baby’s first heat? 20% more mobs in regular rooms isn’t to bad. Make stuff more expensive looks like it will cost you a couple boons over a run.

Extreme measures one is still the same fight but occasionally with a giant saw blade wandering around, so that's pretty boring. Two makes the hydra actively annoying, but still pretty much the same. That's four as is, which should do just fine.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Benagain posted:

Zeus shield rules, I can report. Boost that sucker up a bit and then put a good special on it and watch everything melt.

it owns until you have to dash

and then the constant booms stop.

also it's not so good against hades, ugh.

is the styx really that worth it? Everyone talks it up but that's only to boost the final fight, isn't it? Unless there's a lot of healing in there I don't think I'd want to go through poison chipdamage forever just for a centaur heart...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

My only real grievance with the game is the disparity with weapons, mostly in the form of their specials. Boons give a nice bonus to attack, sure, but they give a massive boost to their special stat... which makes the rail and bow extremely strong and the spear and shield kinda suck.

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 29, 2020

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

pat offers safety in what ought to be the roughest part of the run, either in healing or life recovery so that's nice

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

secret boss was a lot more of a push over because I happened to have a shield on me

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

secret boss was a lot more of a push over because I happened to have a shield on me

also the final boss

wtf, shield

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

it's also the one status effect that can completely paralyze hades so

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

jokes posted:

I have yet to get a single Demeter thing yet. Artemis also seems to be kind of poo poo compared to Zeus or Ares or Dionysus or...

You need to touch the outside for grandma to show up.

Artemis has a tier two, I believe, that fires off an arrow everytime you attack/special/cast. Even with the slower weapons this is actually pretty bonkers, but with the faster ones it's jesus christ. To get it you need her cast or call, preferably call, then it'll be in rotation. Otherwise all her stuff is just a chance to do fat stacks of damage, which is good with the fists and such but...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

i have come to hate the bow.

it's slow.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

if you want an easy clear then shield and spamming the bullrush certainly works, but grab athena's trinklet and get the dodge deflect and you'll have a dramatically easier time in general

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

tildes posted:

Yeah! So far I have enjoyed the spear and fists the most (tho I’m very bad at the fists)— builds for those would be ideal! I have unlocked the spear which deals more damage after your special and the magnet cutter fists.

grab artemis's cast or call and then the next boon will be an ability that shoots an arrow every time you attack/special/cast, which is extremely good for the fist and rail but also just good in general

the downside is that artemis's cast/call isn't great but there are worse of both

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

doing the tenth run at 22 heat and surprisingly the hardest part of this is the enemy shields

I might have to take that off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Deformed Church posted:

This is exactly where I am too right now. I'm about 40 runs in and have pretty much maxed out my chosen mirror bonuses so I'm not sure how much more progression I can squeeze out. I know it's just a case of gitting gud but I'd really love a practice mode so I can not keep almost getting there all day. I'm almost tempted to tick the god mode box but I know that would leave me empty and unfulfilled in the end.

Is there any way of getting more titan's blood without killing Hades? Or respeccing? I poured it all into the shield which is fine but I'd like to try some of the others/

At that point just download the codex mod so you can spawn stuff in and cheat a little

you've played long enough, vomiting blood out of your mouth to get zany weapons and make some of the aspects actually viable won't break anything