Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I've handed Ambrosia only to Charon so far, did that get me anything that I'm not seeing? It was mentioned that I may not actually get anything in return but I'm not sure. What do I need to do to unlock the golden lockboxes in the keepsake cabinet?

Giving ambrosia does nothing but get you some more dialogue for most characters. The exceptions unlock the lockboxes in the keepsake cabinet when you give them ambrosia, and they are: Dusa, Meg, Thanatos, Sisyphus, and Achilles. I think you only need to give them one ambrosia to unlock their thing, but everybody takes 3 ambrosia to max out except Dusa who takes 8 or so.

e: Oh and Skelly, I forgot Skelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Jay-V posted:

also, just saw there are only really 3 romance options, that sucks, i was hoping for a persona-level range of options

TBF there's only like 5 people in the game who have some modicum of freedom and aren't blood relatives of Zagreus :v:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also nobody seems to really talk about the gauntlets? Are they not so great?

They're good but not the strongest thing, and they're easy to use, so there's not really anything to say about them besides "Wow I like these gauntlets for all the reasons that are obvious"

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I got the secret fist aspect on my last run, haven't tested it out yet BC I'm short on blood. Can't wait tbh

You will immediately go back to Talos or Demeter next run
Absolutely knackered decision to give the secret aspect what seems to be lower attack speed than the base sword

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

TraderStav posted:

Wait, are you saying that if you have more than 1 Hermes dash, for each that you do before a dash strike they stack? Or did I completely misread that?

I think he's just talking about the regular punch-punch-punch-punch-punch combo, so if you don't need to dodge anything you can hold the button down for like 2 seconds straight instead of hitting it once per attack like you'd need to with the sword or shield.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I like secret fist aspect btw. To any goons struggling with it I think it's worth noting you can use dash strike to activate dash-upper which is your bread and butter. I didn't even notice the attack speed until i remembered someone saying they didn't like it and going back to see why.

Speaking of which, I tried it again after reading people speakingly fondly of it here and have unlocked my inner manimal. My opinion of the secret fist has taken an instant 180º once I started ignoring maim outside of bosses and just mashing dodge and attack together which completely negates all downsides (outside of taking a lot of damage because I run out of dashes using them offensively).

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Ibblebibble posted:

Does the boiling blood debuff stack as you shove more bloodstones into the same opponent?

No.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Gobbeldygook posted:

If you only need heat 2 but you clear it on heat 20, you get the rewards for heat 2. If you do it again on heat 20 you'll get the rewards for heat 3 and so on.

I've read this a couple times but it didn't work when I tried it, so like, what's the deal there

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Gobbeldygook posted:

I had sword bounties available at 6 heat. I cleared it on 8 heat and got the bounty. Now I have the rewards available for 7 heat.

The only exception is heat 0, you must clear on heat 0 to get the heat 0 rewards.

My attempt was winning a 16 heat run on a weapon where the bounties were on 5 heat, so it didn't match that exception.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Noonsaliwah posted:

The only exception is for 0 heat, which needs doing explicitly (it’s not rewards for doing it at a ‘minimum’ heat, you can’t do higher and claim for 0. You must do exactly). So, that one exception does fit with doing a 16-heat run and gaining the minimum-5-heat-run rewards.

But I didn't get the minimum-5-heat rewards, I got the basic darkness rewards for some reason.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

MuLepton posted:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you, but did you complete heat 5 before going to 16? If you have an “unfinished” run, e.g., you died to Dad on heat 5, then just going to 16 won’t unlock the bounties for the other bosses. You still need to beat Dad on 5 heat (or higher) to get new bounties for the other bosses.
In other words, you always need to complete a run to unlock the bounties for the next heat level.

I got zero boss rewards the whole run, including from the final boss. As far as I remember the properly filled bounty bar had question marks for each reward, so I hadn't earned any of them. Maybe it was some esoteric bug that hosed up boss drops, but at the time I just went "Huh, guess that doesn't actually work" and went back to playing on the lowest heat level with new rewards.

I also didn't actually notice the bosses weren't dropping their rewards until I got back to the weapon select room and went "wait why do I have zero titan blood" and then went and double checked the records room to make sure I was actually playing on the heat level I set it to :v: (I was)

e: When I say zero boss rewards I mean zero titan blood/diamonds/ambrosia. I believe I got darkness from them but I don't recall for certain.

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jan 8, 2021

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
The worse you are at the game the better doom is. Things that can AOE a lot of enemies are very good with it but its main benefit is just that if you're playing overly cautious you're still dealing a lot of damage, and it absolutely destroys the champions in Elysium which are the hardest enemies to deal with.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
You've fallen for the same trick I did, which is thinking that maim is an important part of the hidden gauntlets at all when instead they're the most dash-attack focused of all the gauntlets. Get Aphrodite or Dionysus (or Poseidon if you're fine launching enemies around randomly) dash boons and a good primary attack boon and you'll tear apart everything besides bosses without ever feeling like you need to hit your secondary attack button.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
lmao at replying to somebody saying 'one of my only wins is with the gun!' with 'you're using the gun wrong!'
I don't even know how the primary and secondary for the gun compare in DPS but it's worth noting that Zeus primary is one of the boons that takes advantage of the high attack speed.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Shumagorath posted:

Was that your first EM2 or did they patch in new default behaviour?

I still haven't turned up to EM2 :ohdear:

He's got three or four head colors that determine his behavior, it's not new and doesn't require EM2.

EM2 Hydra is either marginally harder or much harder depending on how much of a coward you are :v:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
perhaps it is thematic that you can imbibe too deeply of Dionysus's boons

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Starting a game opens straight in to a run so they presumably don't know what 'the skeleton' is :v:

I could have sworn it taught you the buttons for attack, special, cast, and dodge during your first run which would be all the tutorial you really need to play.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Mescal posted:

Isn't knockaway with a melee weapon... not what you want?

It doesn't matter much how far you knock enemies away when you're doing like 5 dash strikes in a row and only trying to use normal attacks while youre dashes recharge :)

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

RCarr posted:

So I beat the game with each weapon. I did my first run with 1 heat and beat it, and got… nothing?

What’s the point of doing a heat run? Did I miss a reward somewhere?

No you should have gotten rewards for beating each boss.
Meg: Titan Blood
Hydra: Diamond
Theseus/Asterius: Ambrosia
Hades: Titan Blood

So beating it in one run should give 2x titan blood, 1x diamond, and 1x ambrosia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Half of Dracula posted:

Always respected Supergiant for moving on with their projects and not getting bogged down in dlc but drat I would slam purchase any additional Hades content.

IIRC at some point they said they were considering doing DLC or major content updates because Hades has sold like 10x as well as any of their previous games, but since it's Supergiant we probably won't know what they're up to until it's ready to show off which if it's a new game instead of something Hades related could be like 2 years from now.