Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
I unlocked the gun yesterday and beat Theseus and Minotaur on my first run with it, nice. (second time facing them)

NoMas fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
I was so happy yesterday, elated that I reached Hades AND beat him, only to have him come back to full health and end me...not cool

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

Zikan posted:

There’s also Charm which just charms an enemy to fight for you but it’s the only status that’s nerfed against Hades during the boss fight so it’s not something you should base your entire build on

how the hell did you know I had that

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
Managed to finally kill Hades on run 21..but it seems there is a long way to go...doing runs for diamonds now

Frida Call Me posted:

Zeus shield - this is secretly bonkers powerful and feels great to play with. take Zeus keepsake and get the lightning special. Practice with skelly to determine how far away you need to stand to land your shield directly on him from all 4 directions. Practice throwing your shield against a wall, and having it come to a stop after it bounces. Practice throwing your shield, pressing again to call for it's return early, then dashing around and having the shield chase behind you. With these techniques mastered and the Zeus special you will tear through the game.

just unlocked this, its pretty fun

NoMas fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 4, 2020

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
ugh, got Hades so low and died....was my best since I got him, used Zeus shield

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
Im at the point where I need to farm loads of diamonds for renovations....why only diamonds

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

Safari Disco Lion posted:

The game refuses to let me get that far with him. I've done over a dozen runs now since maxing out Skelly's friendship bar, the first sword aspect, and unlocking a bunch of others, multiple completed runs, and he still hasn't given me anything to progress the quest with him. I don't know if I'm bugged or something but I've done everything the wiki says and then just did a bunch of runs since then to try and trigger him to say or do something, and no go. I just want Skelly to be my best friend dammit. :(

have you tried dying quick while speaking to him each time?

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
I got Hades with the fists yesterday :getin:

Im gonna focus on getting Megs pet

NoMas fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 5, 2020

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
ugh, companions dont work with Hades....lame

Tender Bender posted:

I really don't like the Elysium boss fight, specifically how Theseus is always shield blocking outside of moments of vulnerability. I can beat them just fine, but it's just more tedious than fun.

after he throws his spear he will always turn around and walk for a bit, not that bad

NoMas fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Oct 6, 2020

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
I used the sword yesterday, because I wanted to unlock the secret one, so I put 5 blood in the first one and went for a run to trigger Nyx dialogue. Went all the way and beat Hades! Used Lambent Plume and got at least 1 Hermes dodge boons. Its a good wep. Still didnt get Nyx dialogue...

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
I can only pet 1 head, although I think that has to do with ummm like animation constraints you know.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
so whats the benefit of giving Gods 2+ pomegranates?

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

cheetah7071 posted:

I assume you mean nectar?

extra dialogue. Making friends with them

oh yea, was thinking at least more rare boons

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Theseus is probably my biggest run killer at this point. Especially when he starts calling for a god, having to maneuver around those AOEs plus ty to get around his shield really messes me up.

just run and dodge his spear then immediately dash to him and get some hits in, since he always turns his back and walks away afterwards. Its one of the easiest fights for me now.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

Wilekat posted:

A literal choice.

Meg approaches you in your room and you get the option to embrace it or back off

I think I just spammed past that...she did show up but I dont remember a choice. Does she show up in there more than once?

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

minya posted:

Got the 10th clear last night, spoilers ahead for a big cheese strategy I used:

I learned from this thread that Hades just lets you pass on the 10th clear... so I loaded up every single Heat I hadn't already cleared with (was like 16 heat total) and used the sword (only weapon I hadn't cleared with). Died first time, but second try I got to Hades, and he let me through without a fight, so boom: I walked away clearing the heat- and weapon-specific prophecies and got like 25 titan blood in one fell swoop.

Big cheese time but I don't care it was worth it.

Nice, Im gonna do that

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
I saved juice till after I beat Hades at about run 21...that was a mistake due to how this stuff works. Now Im pumping everyone except Gods will all the juice they can handle(till they get locked)

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
Nyx is taking ages to talk to me about secret sword. Doesnt help that shes not even there half the time

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
Poseidon call is very good, especially if your weapon boons dont work out

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
that cute little rat :shobon: king :eek:

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

Nikumatic posted:

I am not a monster. I visit my good shade after every single victory against Theseus and Asterius.

On my 129th run, I realized for the first time you have a fan in Asterius' mini-boss room too. :ohdear:

oh drat...I need to visit him

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
I could never save that much, most I had was around 500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
please change the thread name back, this is NOT Hades 2