Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
How come this game persistently forgets that I've disabled the vibration setting? I swear I need to turn it off all over again pretty much every single run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I've been wondering if it's something ranged-ish. The three arms on the left-hand plinths are all (primarily) melee weapons, while on the right you have the Bow and the Rail plus the empty spot. But then again, it's hard to think of something whose gameplay wouldn't be broadly covered by the existing two ranged weapons already.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The final boss can take a lot of attempts to get the hang of; I think it was around my 30th escape attempt that I finally got past them.

Then again the only other game in this vein I've ever played was Binding of Isaac, and I'm not especially good at them in general. :shobon:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

quote:

Shield of Chaos (Chaos): now throws additional Shields in a radial pattern
It's definitely not doing this for me. Unless the numbers only increase at higher aspect levels, I'm not seeing a buff to Zeus aspect damage either. :confused:

Edit: just came across a fishing spot, but have no idea how to actually initiate the minigame – there's no button prompt, and none of the buttons seem to do anything. And yes, I did buy the fishing rod. OK, this one's kinda on me at least!

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 21, 2020

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It's probably not a new addition, but I just had Zagreus say "Hello, supportive shade!" in the Elysian stadium. :3:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Loads of changes!

quote:

Early Access Patch 037 - January 22, 2020

Thank you for all your feedback and excitement about yesterday's big Long Winter Update! This patch addresses several issues it introduced. Some changes we fully walked back and marked with * below. We're continuing to monitor impressions as we prepare additional patches for the coming days (or nights?).

General Gameplay
📢 Reduced prices of Boons sold by Charon
📢 Reduced price of Daedalus Hammer sold by Charon *
📢 Reduced price of augmented Boons and Poms sold by Charon in the Temple of Styx

Infernal Arms, Aspects, & Abilities
📢 Stygian Blade (Nemesis): increased Critical chance *
📢 Eternal Spear (Zagreus): reworked; now gives bonus damage, range, and speed to Skewer special
📢 Eternal Spear (Guan Yu): reduced penalty to life total and healing; replaced Skewer special with the new Firework Skewer, which deals area damage on its flight path and does not require retrieval
• Shield of Chaos (Zeus): increased damage rate of Throw special

Boons & Blessings
📢 Wave Pounding (Poseidon): newly added! Boons with knock-away deal bonus damage to bosses
• Blinding Flash (Athena): fixed an issue causing bonus damage from this to be less than expected
📢 Divine Dash (Athena): fixed an issue preventing this from activating Blinding Flash and Merciful End (Athena x Ares) as intended
• Life Affirmation (Aphrodite): increased power level at higher rarity
• Support Fire (Artemis): increased damage; increased power level at higher rarity
• Deadly Strike (Artemis): increased Critical chance; reduced damage to compensate *
• Arctic Blast (Demeter): increased damage
• Quick Reload (Hermes): significantly increased effect at higher rarity
• Increased power level of Chaos blessing effects at higher rarity *

Daedalus Hammer Upgrades
• Double Nova (Blade): slightly increased damage radius
• Cursed Slash (Blade): now restores 1 Life per hit (instead of a percentage)
📢 Charged Volley (Bow): slightly increased minimum range
📢 Charged Skewer (Spear): slightly increased minimum range
• Quick Rush (Shield): no longer removes the Bull Rush's innate knock-away effect
📢 Charged Throw (Shield): should now be more responsive to short button presses
• Hazard Bomb (Rail): increased damage; reduced self-damage
• Rocket Bomb (Rail): increased damage
📢 Explosive Fire (Rail): it's back; now briefly slows foes instead of staggering them

Foes & Encounters
📢 Thanatos: reduced maximum number of waves of foes in encounters with him in Elysium and Styx; slightly reduced total enemy counts in those encounters
📢 'Trial of the Gods': reduced radius of Demeter's attack if you spurn her
📢 Wave-Maker: reduced appearance rate in Asphodel
📢 Splitter: reduced appearance rate in Elysium
📢 Reduced damage rate of Poison effects in the Temple of Styx *
📢 Final Boss: toned down a particular combo attack...

Keepsakes & Items
• Evergreen Acorn (Eurydice): increased instances of damage absorption *
• Lucky Tooth (Skelly): fixed an issue causing this to restore less health than intended

Pact of Punishment
• Convenience Fee: reduced effect on shop prices (making this somewhat less punishing than before)

Rod of Fishing
• Fixed an issue causing Fishing Points to appear more often than intended in Tartarus
📢 Fish in the Temple of Styx now net you a tidy sum of Gemstones
📢 Increased how often fishing opportunities occur in the main hub in the Temple of Styx
📢 The Gameplay Timer and Tight Deadline (Pact) Timer pause while fishing ("Relax, boyo!" --Skelly)
📢 Taking damage now interrupts any fishing attempts ("Have you tried NOT standing in lava?" --Hypnos)
• Fish fake-out jukes are harder to detect
• Additional adjustments to timings trying to catch those blasted little...

Art & Visual FX
• Added reveal animation in the Weapon Aspects screen for the Aspect of Guan Yu
• Added unique icon for Demeter's Keepsake (note: this was included as part of a hotfix yesterday)
• Updated visual effect for Aspect of Guan Yu's Moon Cutter Spin attack
• Slightly reduced visual effect for Bloodless Burn-Flinger bomb blast
• Minor updates to some Elysium chambers and artwork
• Minor updates to the recently added chamber in Tartarus
• Minor updates to Charon's Shop in Tartarus
• Minor art fixes in the House of Hades
• Minor art fixes to visual effect for Mistral Dash (Demeter)
• Minor art fixes to Keepsake icons

Voice & Narrative
• Fixes to narrative scripting to some new events
• Fixed Inspect Point for the new Massive Weights decoration appearing prematurely
• Moved an Inspect Point about decorative pillars to a more appropriate-looking set of pillars
• Fixes and tuning to various contextual voice events

Miscellaneous
📢 Added mouse-wheel scrolling to the House Contractor screen
• Added simple interaction to Intricate Contraption and Bloodless Sculpture
• Small adjustment to gameplay timer formatting
• Minor text changes, clarifications, and fixes

Bug Fixes
📢 Fixed a progression blocker opening the Codex or Boon Info screens while fishing
📢 Fixed a progression blocker renovating Zagreus' bedchambers after a character conversation
📢 Fixed some House Contractor decorations being unavailable after deactivating the Scrying Pool
• Fixed Eternal Spear (Guan Yu) causing your burst-damage shield to activate more often than intended
📢 Fixed Crush Shot (Aphrodite) not destroying some obstacles as expected
📢 Fixed Atrophic (Chaos) curse removing more health than intended
• Fixed an issue causing Demeter Duo Boons to only show up from her, not her extended family
📢 Minor fixes to Cluster Bomb (Daedalus - Rail) blast preview
📢 Fixed Dusa's conversation indicator sometimes remaining visible after she bails on you
📢 Fixed Dusa sometimes not being visible after using Companion Fidi
• Fixed Skelly Codex entry showing incorrect unlock conditions in some cases
• Fixed Cursed Slash (Blade) stealing life from urns or even poor Cerberus in the Temple of Styx

Quote of the Patch
'Demeter's true concerns were not on Olympus, but on the earth. She presided over the crops, and over the grains in particular. For some reason she held the bean in contempt as impure.' ~Crowell's Handbook of Classical Mythology (E. Tripp)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I had one run earlier featuring the title "Poor as a Pauper" as well as a title-less one, so it looks like it's not (necessarily) related to clear speeds. Maybe it's just based on some particular element of the run, like having extremely much/little gold, a lot of boons from a particular god, and so on?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Yup, I was running a Hera bow build last night and somehow lost all three bloodstones during phase 2 of the final boss fight. Had to plink him to death using my Attack, which luckily had a Daedalus upgrade and a decent boon going for it. Not sure what caused it – I had Festive Fog as well, though coupled with Demeter's duo boon.

Edit: according to a Reddit post, bloodstones may disappear during the Death Defiance animation. Don't remember if that's what happened in my case.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 24, 2020

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

bamhand posted:

Man Zeus Aspect Shield with Zeus Special is exactly as OP as you think it would be.
I finished a run with it earlier (on pretty low Heat) using the Zeus special boon as well and wasn't very impressed. Getting any real mileage out of the shield just seemed to require playing around it too much, which its performance didn't really justify. But perhaps I took the wrong approach or something.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Helion posted:

I used Zeus shield and got the ultimate array of special attack bonuses and it was....fine. It got the job done. But if absolutely everything clicks and it's just "perfectly adequate," it probably needs a buff in some way.
Yeah, it's a neat concept but feels a little too much like a gimmick right now, I guess? Not that I really have any idea what to do about it. All I know is that if (!) every weapon aspect is supposed to be roughly equally useful, this one has some way to go yet. Doubly so as it's pretty expensive to upgrade.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Drewjitsu posted:

What is a perfect catch? I thought it was random.
You need to catch the fish within something like 0.34 seconds of its going for the bait, I believe.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Like pretty much all the bosses in the game, the bone hydra and its littler heads actually have very limited movesets. All hydras possess a short-ranged "lunge" attack; in addition to that, the main head can either:
  • Do a ground slam: just one during the first two phases, or three in a row during the final phase. This is pretty easily avoided by keeping your distance.
  • Shoot projectiles: a few slow-moving ones initially and whenever any lesser heads are out, or a barrage of faster ones otherwise. Also not too hard to dodge, particularly the slow ones.
Aside from a generic melee attack, the smaller heads all have a special move. Fortunately, they're colour-coded!
  • Tan: ground-slams much like the main head
  • Green: spits destructible orbs that turn into Bloodless after five seconds
  • Violet: creates temporary lava pools
  • Red: breathes a long-ranged wave attack
Getting past the hydra easily really boils down to eliminating the most annoying head(s) first. Personally I tend to go for the green ones first because having additional enemies around makes the encounter a little trickier; the wave-breathing heads sometimes catch me unawares, so they're also a priority. The lava pools are more of a nuisance than anything in my experience while the ground-slam heads can't do anything at all if you don't go near them, so I usually save them for last.

Of course it also depends somewhat on which weapon/boons you're using, but I think the above are good rules of thumb. Like I said, the bosses get a lot easier once you know what moves/attacks are available to them and have gotten used to the timings involved.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I came across a screenshot of that and it honestly looks pretty funny. No doubt annoying when it actually happens, of course.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I hope they'll figure out a way to keep Zagreus's comically contrived post-ending demises around once the game has a proper epilogue. That Looney Tunes stuff just is too amusing to patch out and forget about. :allears:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
There isn't much more to it, really. With Theseus's spear throw, taking cover behind a pillar works much better in my experience than trying to dodge the spear directly. I'd also recommend erring on the side of caution and taking cover sooner rather than later, as it certainly feels like the timing on the spear throw isn't always the same. And as with Zagreus's own spear, this one too deals damage when Theseus calls it back to him, which is something to watch out for as well.

Taking down Asterius first definitely is the right approach, for what it's worth.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I'm honestly a little surprised people do anything other than get Theseus to throw his spear, then lay down a few seconds of uninterrupted damage while he walks away from Zagreus. This may be less viable if using Tight Deadline though, I suppose.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Meatbag Esq. posted:

The fists were very fun. I immediately was hoping to go for zeus attack + artemis
This was my first run with them using the Zagreus aspect and seemed to work well enough! Then again this was at zero Heat. Zeus attack plus Jolted, Demeter special (though I realised belatedly I'd swapped out Privileged Status for its new replacement :negative:), Pressure Points, Swift Attack were the chief boons I ended up with. Also got the hammer upgrades for more damage/longer range and added damage per consecutive punch.

I did notice that sometimes punches would not trigger any lightning bolts. Not sure what causes this yet.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Hypnos’ new model/animations are pretty great. :3:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

BobTheJanitor posted:

How's everyone feeling about the new boon graphics? I'm not exactly sold on them. The new tiny spinning icons for them just aren't nearly as readable at a glance. That's not a big problem, since there aren't really any situations where you need to quickly differentiate between one boon and another. But still, it doesn't look all that great and doesn't really match the rest of the game's art style. Feels more placeholder than the old ones did. :shrug:
The devs have already said that they're going to continue iterating on their look at least, with changes coming as soon as the follow-up patch(es) this week, so there's that.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
A patch!

quote:

This patch contains bug fixes, art and UI improvements, and new story events, following yesterday's Nighty Night Update. We expect to patch again in the coming days. Thank you for playing!

• Twin Fists: improved input buffering after flurry attack; reduced hit pause on Cutter special and Dash-Special (note: this was added as part of a hotfix yesterday)

Boons & Blessings
• Huge Catch (Poseidon): this recently added Legendary Boon now has a chance to be offered in subsequent escape attempts following its unique introduction event

Foes & Encounters
• Skull-Crusher: slightly adjusted attack timing under the effect of Middle Management (Pact)
• Megagorgon: reduced Blink ability timing variance under the effect of Middle Management (Pact)

Pact of Punishment
📢 Benefits Package: banned certain Perks from certain types of foes; reduced bonus Armor from Bruiser Perk

Level Design & Environments
📢 Removed several urns that had no real business being in the Final Boss chamber
• Minor improvements to one of the new chambers in Asphodel

Art & Visual FX
📢 Further improvements to the look of Olympian Boon pick-ups, making Olympians easier to spot
• Added unique visuals for text presentation when Zagreus dies
• Added unique visuals for text presentation when Zagreus vanquishes a boss
• Added animations for the new mini-boss encounter in the Temple of Styx
• Improved visual effects on Twin Fists (Demeter) Giga Cutter special
• Added unique icon for Broken Resolve (Aphrodite)
• Slightly reduced the visual size of the interact object for the Shield of Chaos out in the Courtyard

Menus & UI
📢 Adjusted Armored foes' health bars so depleted Armor looks more distinct from depleted Life
📢 Updated damage numbers presentation so Critical numbers appear on their own
📢 Updated Cast tooltip while using Stygian Soul (Mirror)

Music & SFX
• Updated sound effects for Twin Fists (Demeter) Giga Cutter special
• Updated sound effects for the new mini-boss encounter in Temple of Styx
• Other minor changes

Voice & Narrative
• Added quite a few more narrative events with and about Nyx
• Added more Inspect Points to the Admin Chamber
• Minor fixes and tuning to various events

Miscellaneous
• Added some additional localized strings for content updated or introduced in the Nighty Night Update
• Updated Credits with additional Community Contributors
• Various minor text fixes and presentation improvements

Bug Fixes
📢 Fixed a game freeze that could occur when multiple characters speak simultaneously
📢 Fixed a crash involving assembled shades in the House of Hades
📢 Fixed several other crashes reported by users
📢 Fixed music issues and soft locks as part of the Orpheus & Eurydice subplot
• Fixed an issue where the incorrect Olympian appeared in one of the new Duo Boon conversations
• Fixed tooltips not reliably showing up while mouse-highlighting Talents in the Mirror of Night
• Fixed incorrect Dash-Strike visuals using Twin Fists (Talos)
• Fixed Affinity Gauge unlock animation not appearing as expected with certain characters
• Fixed an issue where insufficient Darkness was refunded in some cases (involving the Pact)
📢 Fixed incorrect text appearing in some Death Defiance tooltips
• Fixed a pathfinding issue with Thanatos in a certain chamber in Asphodel
• Fixed a visual issue with some door animations in the Temple of Styx
• Fixed an issue in Thanatos encounters with Benefits Package (Pact) where you got credit for slaying self-destructing Exalted Shades
• Fixed Skelly sometimes talking while Skelly was already in the middle of talking
• Minor art and visual effect fixes
• Minor text fixes

Quote of the Patch
'Goddess of phantoms and of shadowy play, whose drowsy pow'r divides the nat'ral day: By Fate's decree you constant send the light to deepest hell, remote from mortal sight' ~The Hymns of Orpheus - "To Night" (T. Taylor translation)

Note: You should see v0.26829 in-game once you have the update.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Yeah, earlier I spent what felt like five minutes kiting a pack of elite skulls with the "periodically shield nearby monsters" buff around. And that was in Tartarus where nothing really dangerous was going on otherwise.

Benefits Package is joining my list of "hell no" modifiers for sure.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Ciaphas posted:

Someone talk me up on the Spear or its aspects, because none of it really appeals to me :geno:
It's not just you. The Guan Yu aspect is the only one I find tolerable personally, preferably using a Special build as it performs quite well without requiring you to go out of your way to make it work. I find the other aspects to have very poor flow overall and be more of a chore to play than anything.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Oh god, I'm facing a chamber of Elysian champions with the Popper affix (they each explode into like half a dozen eye spirit things when killed) while a "slain enemies toss an inferno-bomb at you" Chaos curse is active and, well, :supaburn:

Edit: and said eye spirit things themselves also explode when killed, dealing damage? Did I mention I'm using Malphon? :negative:
Edit 2: well, it took me more Death Defiances than I would've liked, but I made it and went on to punch the crap out of everything ever. :unsmith:

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 15, 2020

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Archenteron posted:

If it helps any, the true spirit looks normal, and all the fake ones are sightly flashing red. Took me a try or two to figure it out.
At the time I had no idea whether they'd be trying to respawn like the regular souls do and didn't want to put it to the test. If they don't that makes things a good bit easier, though.

On an unrelated note, how about this complete madman?

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 15, 2020

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I hope "Added new events to a subplot between Nyx and Dusa" doesn't mean I have to wait longer still to finally unlock that drat Aspect of Arthur. :sigh:

quote:

Early Access Patch 042 - March 17, 2020

Following last week's Nighty Night Update, this patch packs more balance changes, fixes, improvements, and story events. Expect another patch before we shift focus to our next Major Update.

📢 Stygian Blade: Nova special fires in the direction of the cursor (default mouse-and-keyboard settings)
📢 Stygian Blade (Arthur Aspect): adjusted hitboxes to better match attack visuals; defensive aura prevents floor traps from activating; defensive aura briefly flashes before it expires
📢 Eternal Spear (Guan Yu Aspect): fixed issues where changes to max life were not always correct

Boons & Blessings
• Heaven's Vengeance (Zeus): improved scaling from Poms
• Sunken Treasure (Poseidon): increased prerequisites (it should not be offered as early in an escape attempt)
• Holy Shield (Athena): improved scaling from Poms
• Merciful End (Athena x Ares) : fixed it sometimes not being offered by Ares
• Curse of Vengeance (Ares): improved scaling from Poms
• Wave of Despair (Aphrodite): increased damage; reduced damage radius; improved scaling from Poms
• Dual Shot (Artemis): reduced power left; reduced power scaling from Poms
• Fully Loaded (Artemis): increased prerequisites (it should not be offered as early in an escape attempt)
• Winter's Harvest (Demeter): increased prerequisites (it should not be offered as early in an escape attempt)
• Flayed (Chaos): fixed an issue preventing it from affecting the Fists' Dash-Upper

Daedalus Hammer Upgrades
• Piercing Volley (Bow): increased damage to Armor
• Relentless Barrage (Bow): fixed greater-than-intended shot count with Aspect of Chiron
• Rush Kick (Fists): reduced damage; slightly increased charge-up time
📢 Draining Cutter (Fists): life-drain effect now also activates from Aspect of Talos magnetic pull
📢 Quake Cutter (Fists): reduced damage; stomp now modified by Boon effects

Foes & Encounters
• Thanatos: fixed Shattered Shackle (Sisyphus) boosting his damage unintentionally
📢 Splitter: less likely to retreat over magma pools

Mirror of Night
• Fated Persuasion: after using it, you will now always be offered at least one new selection

Keepsakes & Items
• Lambent Plume (Hermes): timer now should stop reliably as soon as bosses are vanquished
📢 Companion Fidi (Dusa): projectiles no longer slowed by your abilities
• Fixed several cases when Summon abilities could be used while they were meant to be disabled

Pact of Punishment
📢 Benefits Package: banned certain Perks from certain types of foes

Permanent Record & Security Log
• The screen formerly known as the Permanent Record is now called the Security Log
• Permanent Record: new! Shows progress with weapons, Boons, and more (find it in the Admin Chamber)
• Note: This is a first-pass version of this screen, which we expect to continue improving in subsequent Major Updates

• Adjusted layout in smaller chambers in Asphodel (those added in the Nighty Night Update)
• Fixed Brimstones being able to fly out of bounds in a certain Tartarus chamber
• Other minor fixes and improvements to various chambers

Art & Visual FX
📢 Further adjustments to the look of Olympian Boon pick-ups, making their colors more distinct
• Added new character model for the Fallen Warrior in Elysium
• Added animations for Lord Hades while judging shades gathered in the Great Hall
• Updated animation for Skelly when summoned by Companion Rib
• Updated animation for Dusa when summoned by Companion Fidi
• Updated visual effects for some upgrades, abilities, and animations for the Twin Fists
• Updated icons for some Mirror of Night Talents
• Added more animations for the new mini-boss encounter in the Temple of Styx

Music & SFX
📢 Improved audio feedback when activating Ruthless Reflex (Mirror)
• Added material sounds to some objects in Asphodel
• Other minor changes and improvements

Voice & Narrative
• Added new events to a subplot between Nyx and Dusa
• Added more dialogue events with Nyx, Chaos, Artemis, Zeus, Aphrodite, Achilles, and others
• Minor fixes and tuning to various events

Miscellaneous
• Added and updated more localized strings for content from the Nighty Night Update
📢 Reduced requirements to fully unlock River Denizens entries in the Codex
📢 Updated placement of fishing points in various chambers
📢 Updated placement of Infernal Troves in various chambers
📢 Updated placement of Chaos Gates and Infernal Gates in various chambers
• The Eldest Sigil has an updated look after you restore it through the House Contractor
• Shades in the Administrative Chamber may emote from time to time
• Added unique tutorial objectives in the Courtyard while using Aspect of Demeter (Fists)
• Removed the Triathlete Victory Screen Commendation, which was appearing too often
• Minor presentation improvements when purchasing Eldest Sigil Restoration and Administrative Privilege from the House Contractor
• Minor formatting improvements to Security Log screen
• Minor text changes and fixes

Bug Fixes
📢 Fixed an issue where you could get limited Cast ammo using Routine Inspection (Pact)
📢 Fixed various display issues with Nourished Soul (Demeter)
📢 Fixed visual effects not appearing correctly with Flying Cutter (Daedalus - Fists)
📢 Fixed Boon Info not appearing reliably while interacting with characters such as Sisyphus
• Fixed a graphical issue with Valuable Urns in Asphodels
• Fixed a graphical issue unlocking new Mirror of Night Talents
• Fixed audiovisual issues with Ice Wine (Demeter x Dionysus)
📢 Fixed requirements for fulfilling Close at Heart (Fated List)
📢 Fixed requirements for fulfilling Goddess of Seasons (Fated List)
📢 Fixed voice lines sometimes not playing when encountering the Bone Hydra
📢 Fixed voice lines not playing reliably after making purchases from the House Contractor
📢 Fixed incorrect instruction text appearing in some contexts in the Pact of Punishment
• Other minor fixes

Quote of the Patch
'Then he drew his sword Excalibur, but it was so bright in his enemies’ eyes, that it gave light like thirty torches. And therewith he put them a-back, and slew much people.'
~Le Morte D'Arthur (Thomas Malory; A. W. Pollard translation)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Fun fact: Skelly and Zagreus have the same voice actor, Darren Korb! He also performs Orpheus's vocals.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Do the gods actually have special VO lines for when you use their Call while pissing them off during a Trial? I just had Artemis say "pray I don't accidentally miss my mark".

This game. :allears:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I didn't even know another one of these was due!

quote:

Early Access Patch 043 - March 24, 2020

This patch contains more localized text and improvements following this month's Nighty Night Update. Thank you for playing and for your feedback, and see you again for our next Major Update in June!

Foes & Encounters
📢 'Trial of the Gods': reduced move speed penalty applied by Demeter's attack if you spurn her
📢 Splitter: will not retreat as far onto magma pools; reverted change from last patch that made them less likely to retreat (this had some negative side effects we expect to address in a future update)
• Tiny Vermin: fixes and tuning to some behaviors of this recently-added Temple of Styx mini-boss

Keepsakes & Items
📢 Companion Rib (Skelly): increased health for summoned companion

• Minor fixes and improvements to various chambers

Art & Visual FX
• Updated visual for the Permanent Record object in the Admin Chamber
• Improved look of the defensive aura expiring with the Stygian Blade (Arthur Aspect)
• Other minor fixes and improvements

Music & SFX
• Added sound effects for shades pleading their cases to Lord Hades
• Updated sound effects for recently-updated 'There Is No Escape' and 'Boss Vanquished' messages
• Updated sound for Ice Wine (Demeter x Dionysus)
📢 Updated ambient sound in the Admin Chamber
📢 Updated ambient sound during Remembrance sequences
• Other minor changes and improvements

Voice & Narrative
• Extended Affinity Gauge for Aphrodite (you can give her more gifts)
• Primordial Chaos now sometimes speaks via the Shield of Chaos (Chaos Aspect) after a certain point...
• Added more contextual voice lines for the Permanent Record and Security Log screens
📢 Reduced the requirement for the newer Flashback Sequence (it can occur sooner than before)
• Adjustment some Inspect Points in the newer Flashback Sequence
• Fixed scripting issues with the recently added subplot between Nyx and Dusa
• Fixed some losing-streak events for certain bosses playing too infrequently if you met the requirements
• Fixed Lord Hades judgment voice lines conflicting with his House Contractor purchase voice lines
• Fixed Hypnos consolation event for dying to the effects of Tight Deadline (Pact) not playing
• Other minor fixes and tuning to various events

Miscellaneous
• Added more localized strings for Nighty Night Update content (thank you, Community Translators!)
• Added a Victory Screen Commendation, Legendary Boon Boy, for clears with many Legendary Boons
• Updated requirements for Victory Screen Commendations that were too frequent or infrequent
• Improved presentation for vanquishing the Tiny Vermin in the Temple of Styx
• Improved presentation timing for successive encounters with said Tiny Vermin
• Improvements to scrolling in the Permanent Record screen
• Improved House Contractor purchase presentation for Administrative Privilege and Eldest Sigil
• Added preview icon for the Bloodless Sculpture in the House Contractor screen
• Minor text changes and fixes

Bug Fixes
• Fixed a rare progression blocker on a specific event path with the Fallen Warrior in Elysium
• Fixed rare cases where boss damage limits between phases could be bypassed at the start of fights
📢 Fixed issues interacting with Eurydice after the conclusion of her subplot with Orpheus
📢 Fixed a rare issue where Zagreus and the final boss could die at the same time (there can only be one)
📢 Fixed visual issues where Zagreus could get stuck in the firing animation with the Bow
• Fixed visual issues with Long Knuckle (Daedalus - Fists)
• Fixed UI for Nectar sometimes remaining visible between chambers
• Fixed shades in the final chamber of Elysium sometimes facing the wrong way
• Fixed some trap interactions with the defensive aura created by the Stygian Blade (Arthur Aspect)
• Fixed not being able to scroll to the Fated Persuasion (Mirror) ability in the Well of Charon
• Fixed an Inspect Point that was not appearing after the battle with Megaera
• Other minor fixes

Quote of the Patch
"'True, Zeus shrank from doing a thing to outrage rushing Night.'"
~The Iliad (Homer; R. Fagles translation)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
That attack got me so often until I realised it tries to trick you into dodging sooner than you actually should. It still nails me from time to time, but it's not quite as much of an issue any more for me.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
https://twitter.com/SupergiantGames/status/1275075018683109383

Though I have to admit that at this point I'm considering just starting over once 1.0 has been released.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
You get Titan Blood (and other boss rewards) for the first defeat of that boss per weapon and Heat level (tracked independently). After that, the boss will drop some Darkness instead.

But, no, those purchases can't be refunded. Other than using different weapons and/or playing on higher Heat levels, the best you can do is acquire more from the Wretched Broker.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Part of me has been hoping a dedicated dash-attack button would eventually be added, though I have to admit I'm not sure how that would work mapping-wise using a controller at least.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
https://twitter.com/SupergiantGames/status/1307744738552938496

I wonder how many post-EA copies they'll end up selling in the long run. (Bastion, for instance, sold over half a million copies in the year of its release, by way of comparison.)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Having finished the main “quest” after some 19 escape attempts (not counting the 100+ on my pre-1.0 save, to be fair :shobon:), I have to say I’m quite pleased and impressed by how they tied the basic rogue-lite gameplay conceit into the greater story. Also, the new song that plays over the credits is so loving good.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Today I discovered there’s a Well of Charon item that specifically keeps flamewheels from appearing in Elysium for a certain number of encounters. :allears:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Flipswitch posted:

Does the Hera Bow work via how many casts you stack? Making the 3 cast better rather than the recharging one?
It does, so yes, you'll generally be better off using Infernal Soul.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Bit of a sore loser, that Thanatos can be.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Waltzing Along posted:

Speaking of fishing, I see a lot of missing fish in my codex. Based on the order, it makes me think there is a fishing area I haven't found. I mean, I have a bunch in a row that correspond with the various zones, but then a group that are just missing. Or maybe it is two groups missing. I need to double check.
One issue I had was getting too many perfect catches and therefore inadvertently bypassing the various common rarity fish in each zone.

That said, you may also be missing the fish from the domain of Chaos and the surface.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

ElegantFugue posted:

Quick question, hoping for minimal spoilers- I've been sharing drinks with my good nice friend Skelly, and he recently asked me to do a thing with my sword. Is it safe to do the thing, despite what Zag suspects will happen, for my good nice friend Skelly?
I assume yes, given he also has some wrapped gifts waiting for me by the corner that aren't even close to being opened, but I want to make sure because I care about my skeletal friend who I constantly bash with all of my terrifying living weapons.
No worries, you can't permanently lock yourself out of anything in the game like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

RandomFerret posted:

Never using the drat anvil again. Took my burst fire and gave me the bomb that's bigger but hurts you if you stand in it

WHILE I WAS USING THE ASPECT OF ERIS
I am told that by properly timing your dash i-frames, you can avoid taking damage from the explosion while still gaining the aspect bonus. It's something I probably couldn't be bothered to put up with in practice, though.