Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

It took me 45 tries, but I finally escaped!

I got out with the fists, which surprised me since I've found them often the most difficult to use since you have to get up in enemies' faces.

I had Demeter's freeze on my normal attack, which was really helpful, and Aphrodite's weak on my special. I also got the extended range for normal attack part-way through.

Now to do it with the other weapons...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

bucksmash posted:

I promised myself I wouldn't turn on god mode until I got my first clear because I wanted to get my first victory proper. 53 attempts later, hoo boy. Theseus being a total fuckface ruined about 75% of my runs before, and then other losses were dumb mistakes on my part.

Got a build with the adamant rail that gave me 3 round burst, 3 shot special, special speed faster, higher crit rate with special, and a lot of frost and doom effects from Demeter and Ares and it was so much easier than any other runs I had. Only used one death defy on Hades too, it was like the game said "ok you've sucked enough, here's a freebie"

Now to suffer under this Heat thing. And I'm going to love every minute. This is genuinely one of the best games I've played in years.

That 3-shot variation is what I had when I cleared with the rail gun my first time. I like it better than the normal shooting option.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

https://twitter.com/Akinomakinomin1/status/1362241524600164354?s=20

I just had my best run yet with the fists. I used the aspect of Talos, and it felt like hitting with the special first really helped to pile on the damage afterwards. It was way more than I expected.

I also had Dionysus on my normal attack, and that added up a lot of damage too.

I think the Hermes keepsake was helping a lot too. I was clearing rooms super fast, and I noticed that I wasn't taking much damage, so I think it was helping me dodge attacks a lot?

I honestly still don't get a lot of the mechanics in the game, but I'm going to try a run with some heat next.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Is Charon just stupid hard for everyone, or is it just me?

I got the chance to fight him twice recently, and both times I got destroyed. It was still early in the run both times, so I didn't have many boons or much health yet.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

https://twitter.com/Akinomakinomin1/status/1369295932005683206?s=20

This is probably the craziest run I've had yet. I had the rail with the rocket launcher, crits, AND three shots at a time. I also had Zeus on my normal attack.

I got the Zeus and Ares boons where enemies get lightning/doom when they damage you, and then I got a boon where it happens randomly even when they DON'T damage you.

There was so much stuff on the screen it was hard to tell what was going on sometimes. I actually defeated Hades when he was basically off-screen, lol.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

C-Euro posted:

These are the best runs, where you wish you could highlight everything on the victory screen instead of just five things.

My first clear with the Hidden Sword was like that. Managed to get Heart Rend early, then all of the Blade Rift-boosting boons (including the Legendary!) plus Hunting Blades. It was wild.

Yeah, I also had the Artemis boon where little arrows fly into foes every time you attack. It was just such a wild combination of a ranged weapon and all sorts of boons that were throwing damage all over the place.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I've done over 70 runs of this game and I just figured out that you can read the details of your boons if you hit the minus button. I wish I'd known this tens of hours ago.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

I was having a bastard of a time clearing the game with the shield to get that sweet, sweet bounty of titan bloods, but Aspect of Chaos absolutely wrecked poo poo. I'm old and bad at games, so even the bare minimum is an accomplishment, but that might be the only time I've beat the game yet without using a death defiance.

This game is extremely fun and I'm sad I'm almost done with the epilogue. For once, I want DLC.

I wonder if they have any plans for DLC?

There are a couple of major Olympian gods who aren't in the game outside of short mentions, like Hephaestus, Hera, and Apollo. Apollo is especially an odd exception since he's Artemis's twin brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I had no idea there were different timings for catching fish either. I've caught rare fish before, so I must be doing something right at least some of time...