Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i mean the very fact that there's a bust of homer available indicates that it's well out of the mythological period, imo. i don't think the gods are interacting with mortals much outside of e.g. poseidon raising storms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Did a conversation with that indicate that he doesn't exist yet, like with Arthur? I assumed the game is set before the myths were written since there's a running joke with Zagreus making them up in conversations with Orpheus.

oh huh, i haven't bought it yet so haven't seen that

zag doesn't make up any real myths (so to speak) does he? also that could be explained by orpheus a) being dead for a while and b) being extraordinarily, just staggeringly stupid

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

don't you just select the base aspect?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hmm.. you never see apollo and zagreus in the same place...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no dlc or expansions for any other games by the studio iirc

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

prayer group posted:

Hey, why the hell didn’t anyone mention that if you take both romance options there’s a threesome scene? Because wow, I was not expecting that. And I think it rules, for the record.

dang, no foursome? i mean who doesn't like a little head :haw:

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I maxed out everyone but Nyx and Poseidon (and Demeter but I read she’s last) - how do I unlock the epilogue? Nyx I finally unlocked her last hearts but I looked up what you’re supposed to do with Poseidon and it’s just not happening. Gave up a couple of good runs going after him to try to trigger it :v:

don't you just have to get your rod and catch a fish prior to speaking to poseidon? you could try runs with the conch shell and that mirror upgrade that gives a bigger chance of legendary boons, and angle for his +20% catch chance boon

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Ok, now that I can get past Theseus relatively reliably, what's the deal with the drat rats?

they are Hateful

styx poison bugs the poo poo out of me, but at least it puts an overlay on your screen to indicate that you're in trouble. i play handheld on the switch and one of my bugbears is that it's quite tricky to tell when i'm actually taking significant damage

that said, the rats are beefy as hell and you want to take them out either from range if possible, or through hit-and-run if not. once they start spreading poison it reduces the amount of space you have to operate in, so slam them into walls etc and keep them busy. the small rats are fodder for your "heal on hit/kill" hammer boons

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

god i hate the tiny vermin

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Is it ever explained exactly who she thinks zaggy murthered

she's been told to deal with zagreus. she deals with murderers. she has a very limited worldview. therefore,

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

dusa stop genericing at me i have 11 ambrosia :tizzy:

is the lounge nice yet

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

demeter is a giant pain in the dick to go up against as well

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Queer Salutations posted:

When you're using Rail/Eris, is the rocket upgrade still able to proc the bonus damage? I've been assuming no.

of course it is, why would you assume that?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

RandomFerret posted:

Achilles should have ended that line with "The thing with the severed gorgon head is a little odd though, Lad"

c'mon man ain't no shame in liking a little head

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Waffle! posted:

Some form of Deflection is mandatory against rooms full of witches and butterflies.

i mean, to start with, maybe. but you can just hit projectiles to cancel them, which is where the spear kinda shines

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Doomsayer posted:

Heard some of y'all talkin' poo poo on my boy Gun 4: I have no idea why anyone would think it's in any way, shape, or form a bad weapon or frankly anything but an Auto-Win button :colbert:

If you're *really* having trouble murdering the balls out of everything with it, you might have missed: the Special orbs pulse damage and any secondary Boon effects. Got Ares' Special? Cool, anyone who walks near a ball gets Doom put on them (multiple times if you have that Boon too). Got Poseidon's? Cool, you've now turned the map into a pinball table that can't help but slam enemies repeatedly against walls/traps. Athena's will make you functionally immune to projectiles while simultaneously killing the crap out of everything. Pick up any hammers that increase the size/number/damage of your Specials and you'll never even have to touch Attack or Cast.

The orbs also do a ton of damage when they explode and the damage does not have to be done by you; once you start putting down more than one or two it just becomes an exploding murdertrain.

gun4 is startlingly good. not sure why you'd ever get the infinite ammo hammer though

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

minya posted:

Never staying in one place for more than a second or two at a time seems like the recipe for success

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

unlock one, try it out on the skelington, then if you don't like it just turn off the game without saving and repeat for the next one

but get the chiron bow

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

"lernie" is short for "lernold"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ah, so it's like fighting a single styx satyr then

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

one at a time, but you aren't tied to the lowest "free" heat.

you can do 20 winning runs on heat 20 and get 20 sets of rewards, you don't need to do heat 1, then heat 2, then heat 3....

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Ohh, okay, that works for me. You're only forced to the next heat level when you've exhausted all rewards under it, huh?

with the exception of heat 0, which is its own thing. if you didn't play with the fists at all before unlocking heat, and then do runs 1 - 36, you still have a heat 0 reward waiting to be claimed

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah in your example you would need to clear a heat 5 run for it to register a heat 2 victory, which would then open up the heat 3 blood, diamond, ambrosia and blood again for collection.

until you get your heat 2 full clear, though, you won't see more blood or diamonds. you have to do the full run, you can't just fight the furies endlessly on heat 30 to unlock all the weapon aspects

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think by this point it would have actually been quicker to just do two runthroughs at the same high heat level

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

the standard skull 2x

the what

goddammit is this what boon-chasing gets me, thirty victories in

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Rand Brittain posted:

...I just realized why Achilles' keepsake protects you from the front but is weak in back.

honestly no idea why thetis didn't double-dip. could have saved a whole host of bother

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

area/beam ones don't lodge, yeah, so Demeter and Dionysius ones also don't give you the damage bonus

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think that the act3 boss fight and drat near everything in styx is too bloated with health

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's a joke

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Lt. Lizard posted:

Well, Thanatos is more or less your step-brother, so... :v:

step-deity, what are you doing..!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

El Fideo posted:

Ok, I played a couple more runs. It's gotta be Helios, right?

someone else has already covered it but could i ask what led you to this conclusion?

also re: that character in particular, hermes knows more than the other olympians because, apart from anything else, he actually shows up. he is a psychopomp, he brings souls to the underworld. everyone else just dicks around on their mountain or in their incredibly sapphic woods

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

in like eight to ten runs time you will be consistently killing elysium's most glamourous couple. you'll bring down the final boss around 11 or 12 with some weird build you weren't expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

there's a max of three levels of boon i think; like, some have prequisites, and some of those prerequisites sometimes have prerequisites. you might want to focus for that reason

for the most part, zeus is quite mono-maniac on the lightning - other gods, they're less single-focus. it's generally good to spread out imo.

e: yes. keep playing, get to the final boss