Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I just picked up this game a week ago and I freaking love it. Then i finally beat it and it got even cooler.

There's a freaking shotgun and it's so good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
more dashes means more shotgun 3 round bursts. GG

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I used to take darkness most but now I never take it because you always get so much eventually and other stuff converts to it but it doesn't convert.

Everything else>shops and I have $300>Keys>gems>darkness>shops and I don't have $300

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Dias posted:

Darkness is good because it's +5 HP. That adds up, and it's an instant benefit unlike gold or rerolls. Five Darkness rooms equal a heart, which is 125G, so you can think of it as 25G value.

I have not unlocked this so all the more reason for me not to prioritize darkness pickups yet. :)

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Does dodge chance stack additively? :getin:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
If I haven't cleared the final boss at 0 heat and then I clear it at 1 heat do I get double bounties for the last boss? WIll it even let me go into 1 heat if I haven't? I need so many diamonds rn

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Thanks yall.

So if I'm understand right, I can farm a heat 1 diamond with every weapon regardless of whether I beat heat 0 with that weapon, but I can't go on to heat 2 until I kill hades at heat 1?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Is Doom not good? I like it on most specials.

I wish there was an indicator for cast effects that make it not sticky

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Dashstrike should be

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
The question then is, where is she?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

A Moose posted:

Demeter seems to be really underwhelming, except I'm not sure how good Chill is. Does it also slow enemy attacks? and does it work on bosses? If yes to both its insane with a way of stacking it fast, like dash or a fast weapon. Then killing freeze and arctic blast are really good.

Do god keepsakes trigger at the beginning of every zone, or is it only the first boon you see after equipping that keepsake? Like if I really wanted zeus boons, can I take it off after beating act 1, and then put it back on after beating act 2? or does it keep working when I start act 2? Or does it only work once at the start of a run?

Chill is great and slows bosses, not sure about attacks. Once you take a god keepsake off its over for the run, but I think if you keep it it keeps triggering.

She's got a boon that kills at 10%, which is insane.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 20, 2020

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Blizzard shot, Dem+Pos, is the most absurdly broken thing I've ever seen.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Dias posted:

Poseidon Sword and go hard on Artemis for the Cast boosts.

This. In a pinch Pos and Ath casts are also strong when spammed. Dislodge bonus is :kiss:

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 20, 2020

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Seeds in this game are interesting. If you giveup you keep the same seed, and you'll get offered the same poo poo, including equivalent boon offerings. dash/cast/special in my current, for example. Which is nice if you want to win.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I find hangover rail to be pretty weak due to hitting max stacks quickly. Zues it for a flat damage boost and the extra aoe oomph you need to speed through everything.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
5 extra shields at rank 5 = 6 procs per return? Yeaaaaaa :getin:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I genuinely thought feather charm could not gain charges in the tunnels. But buying the rarity boon before going in is a promove. Charon buffs check per room the same way demeter's does

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

kaschei posted:

Guess what’s better than carrying around a butterfly the whole game? Buying +30% attack damage for 40g.

Don't both end up mediocre, usually, due to all the other linear % damage bonuses?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
You can manually reload?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

Yes. Pretty sure the prompt for it shows up when you're in the weapons room with skelly

It says "press x to attack" "Press to reload"

For me. So I took that to mean pressing x when I'm out of ammo. Lol. This has made my rail a lot stronger. :)

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Does it allow you to manually reload to charge it even?

In a similar vein I had the ZD lightning fog and was given the opportunity to replace my Dionysus cast with Poseidon cast. I was scared but had I done so would I get lightning fog at the end of my cast still?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Poseidon special worked great for slamming bosses around with Chiron bow. I'm geussing that's due to cumulative effect.

Seems likely. It's absolutely nuts with a shield too. Until you get the "hit twice, no pushback" daed which applies something like a 90% reduction to the boon

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Hades spear, pos sword, zues shield, hera bow, hestia's gun, demeter's...???!!!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Ragnar34 posted:

Nunchucks that shoot little scythe shapes with every swipe, and you swing them around like Bruce Lee to pepper distant enemies. Like the repeater, I guess, except I've never given a poo poo about the repeater.

Just so long as it's not the loving revolvers. I'm so happy I wasnt there for that incarnation of the rail. Hey, comment section of that Twitter says they used a scythe to cut off Chronos' balls. There are long range ways to do a scythe.

She's the harvest goddess so I'm pretty sure you nailed it.

she's also the goddess of seasons so maybe someday we can get Summer Demeter with stances or something.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 4, 2020

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Before writing it was all just what people said to each other and I'm sure people were always stealing the best or most immediately useful bits of each other's stories, truth and fiction, just like they continued to do into recorded history.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Ares attack, athena dash with duo is definitely one of the stupidest combos i've ever seen.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Can't complain, got like seven fish on my first run.

Do fish spawn anywhere in the third biome? There are fishing spots in the other three but I don't think I've even seen a spot in that misty stuff.

Yes but it's basically impossible to see them.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

This seems to happen whenever you use the Zagreus aspect of any weapon, which I guess makes sense since Hades wanted to keep Zagreus' existence a secret. But then why keep documents on him in the first place? Something story-related is definitely up there

You can't just NOT keep documents

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
This game is amazing and everything about the we mirror is super cool.

I'd love to see some way to know the first/next reward or two, since seed scumming is already a thing.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm all about coins first with this +15%

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Make the legendary catch me a fish that makes me strong enough to push Hades around.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Hot tip for those who don't know. With the muse, you can pick an option, see what changes you get, and quit/repick without giving up.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I don't understand. Can't you just not flip and keep doing what you did before?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

It feels pretty much the same to me IE you get a random smattering of boons in Tartarus and then the further you progress the more it narrows down to boons for gods you already have. I've had no trouble building for specific gods.

Speaking of which, I love the alternative for privileged status. Its so much more liberating not having to worry about getting two status on a build. It might be inferior to privileged status on a lot of runs but its just so much more fun for me to be able to pick whatever boons I want.

Making 100% crit with some support viable is super nice.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

one more luckless soul who's mistaken the rng as the chattering of a malicious idiot god

I can't wait to find out who this narrator is and meet more new characters. This game is amazing. I am stalling out hard at 8 though.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
There's definitely a subplot about zag coming into his own powers, whatever those are. Him being the god of rebirth is a little on the nose.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Drewjitsu posted:

Gonaa complain about it now, anyone got support fire on fists? Seems like a no brainer, but I can't get it. I've seen arty about 10 times now (with rerolls), and it hasn't been offered.

My first run had that and freeze it was stupid.

Are there any funny rules about duo boons and competing gods? Sometimes when I'm running for a duo I just get the choice instead. Annoying

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I don't remember seeing it in the notes but they apparently fixed save scumming the muse. lost a nice start :(

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Oh hey I have a 20 minute record with bow. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Does yarn affect getting that? I read it as rank upgrades, which wouldn't apply since there's no lower rank version.