Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I slept on Poseidon's call for a while but I tried it recently and was blown away. I don't know if it's because I'm playing on Switch, but I can basically spin the stick in a circle and get at least two hits in with each individual segment of the call meter. It does decent damage and allows you to basically ignore any attack you'd normally run away from or might find hard to dodge. Combined with one of those boons that boosts damage after a call, I was doing around 750 a hit with it. And the best part is, if the boss has any mooks around them, you're probably taking them out too as you circle back to hit the boss a second time.

One of my favorite uses of it, though, is to avoid using the greater call and instead to force a boss into their phase change/moment of imperviousness. Basically if the boss is doing something I'm worried about taking damage from or if I'm in an otherwise unfavorable situation, Poseidon's call lets me not only get out but move the boss to some other attack pattern. It gives you pretty drat good control over the fight. Technically Aphrodite does this, too, but Poseidon's feels more flexible because it can solve a few more problems than Aphrodite's can.

That said, I would still take the Zeus/Aphrodite 25% call gauge stunlock combo over it. But that's hard to beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

WhiteHowler posted:

I accidentally bought the maxed Zeus shield - I'd been dashing around while testing it on Skelly and zipped right into my bedchambers. Oops.

So I did a run with it and it's really not bad. I put Zeus on Special and supplemented it with kind of a random mix of other stuff (Poseidon dash, Dio cast, never did get a Call) and escaped on Heat 1.

It's pretty good, but my boons had almost no synergy. Has anyone found a good setup that focuses on the Zeus shield's Special?

I generally wear Zeus's trinket to get lightning bolts on the special. Then if I don't have a good AOE cast to supplement by Asphodel, I put on the Dio trinket hoping for trippy shot.

Beyond those two, it really doesn't matter. Zeus and Dio have pretty good AOE compatibility (lightning bolts in the festive fog is a great duo if you can get it) and your damage is going to be bonkers with pretty much anything on top of those two elements to supplement.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Will second Aspect of Zeus for the shield. That was an early source of easy wins for me. It’s good even at level 1.