Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I kinda love how Zag learns of Persephone.

Greek Chorus: And that was how the prince found the last letter of his mother.
Zag: Wait, who the what now?!
Greek Chorus: Uhh...and THAT was how the prince learned the identity of his mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I heard it was recommended that you start a new save once 1.0 hits. I did not get very far (only got to the second major area), but I think I may do that anyway.

Also, any idiots who has played the switch version yet (assuming it is out)? It is always a crap shoot and I heard of slowdown during the big battles.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Decided to get the game on Switch despite having the PC version. Echoing what was already said, in that 90% of the time the game is perfectly playable and there is only slowdown when things get really harry, and even then it wasn't enough to bug me or actually cause a hitch in the game.

Game feels REALLY good now that I can play this without my "I shouldn't burn myself out on the game while it is early access' block. On my 7th escape attempt and so far got as far as the final boss of the third area.

I love that between all the cool looking designs of the greek gods and figures, you have Orpheus who is basically the lead singer of The Cure.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
(I probably don't need to tag some of the stuff I am tagging but I like to be safe)

So without going into into it (I haven't beat Hades himself yet, is there a way to get more titan blood, diamonds, and ambrosia after the bounties have been exhausted for them?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

Two options:

There is a shopkeeper in the Lounge who lets you trade one resource for another. Gemstones, Keys and Necter can eventually be used for higher end stuff. After every run he also has a "special" which often lets you trade a lower resource for a much higher one.
Two: Beat the boss you mentioned and you'll unlock a thing that lets you reset bounties for a difficulty increase.

Oh right, forgot to mention that I already knew about the wretched broker but yeah that is exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Unlocked the first (non-base) aspect for each of my weapons. I really like that they each give a small change that basically changes how they play

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wee, finally escaped for the first time on my 20th attempt. Now to do it all over again! :v:

(Post Game Mechanics Spoilers)

I am tempted to raise the heat level for the bounties, even though I think I should finish up the initial bounties on my weapons

One question: Should I save my Ambrosia for stuff I can actually use it for or trade it to the Wretched Broker?

Also, funny how the proper release of the game completely stole Spelunky 2's thunder!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Question about hidden aspects: Do I need to escape with a hidden aspect I currently have unlocked in order to gain access the next one? If not I would rather not know how to have the others unlocked for purchase

I have Guan Yu for Varatha unlocked, but I am not quite feeling it yet (which is weird, because I take Cursed Blade for the sword every chance I get)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

BisbyWorl posted:

The spear hidden aspect is the initial unlock, all others need 5 blood invested into that weapon then you'll eventually get the aspect from a conversation.

Not all of them are obtained at the house, the bow is unlocked from Artemis, for example.

Thank you! That is actually great to know. I have been cagey about spending my blood and been too spoileraphobic (as I shamefully point out in my last post) to ask.

Instant Grat posted:

Cursed Slash heals you for 2HP whenever you land a normal attack, and the sword's normal attack is really fast. The 4th spear aspect needs you to stand still for anywhere up to 2 seconds, and then you can send out a lime-flavored blade vortex that heals you for 1HP on each hit. It will not hit any single enemy more than 3, maybe 4 times, even if you charge it all the way up to max.

Even if you spend 15 Titan Blood maxing it all the way out, it's still a permant 50% penalty to your max HP throughout the whole run.

It's a bad weapon

I am still of the opinion that there are no bad weapons and with the right boons you can absolutely tear rear end through a run.

Speaking of right boons, does heat level affect boss strength? I only had the enemy population modifier active and I could swear that the Minotaur-Thesus duo and Hades where both beefier.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

BisbyWorl posted:

Only if it directly impacts stats. Turning on the time limit or cutting HP recovery won't do anything to bosses, but things like increases HP or speed will.

I thiiiiiiink the increased enemy count heat works for summoned mobs on Meg and Hades, but I'm not 100% sure.

Then my last build was just kinda crappy, I think.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Wafflecopper posted:

WOWWWW free gold! Thanks Charon!

Zag (paraphrasing):...why do rats carry money?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Sivart13 posted:

There is also an epilogue for you to see. But I would not turn away any DLC!

Uh yeah I just came back after an extended period away and finally got the credits roll and holy poo poo there is more?! :allears:

I do have to admit that the ending is slightly a little too tidy but it is still cute nonetheless. And provides a good lore reason to keep going.

One question: For the final run, do they intentionally make you go through all 5 Styx dungeons? I don't think I once had to enter one of the skull dungeons before this.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I do not want to turn this into "Where is Zag?", but my hope is that he will be handling hell and be one of your boon gods, and being grumpy depending on his workload at the time.

Alternatively, do what was mentioned and have him as a Thanatos-style event, where he teleports in, helps you out in the current room, and leaves, and by leave I mean he immediately drops dead.

Although, they haven't closed the door on possible co-op, have they?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I only watched a little bit of the stream but ended up getting spoiled on some stuff in the kotaku write up, so be careful with that if you care about that stuff.

Still looking forward to early access and hoping i get into the technical test; hopefully they will roll in new people sooner rather than latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I should get back into Hades to try to do some of the postgame stuff (though to confirm, the end of the main plot is (Big spoilers obvs) BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS Persephone going back to Hades with Zagreus, right?

To those who have played the Technical Test: Does Melinoe have a narrator that she is able to hear and respond to, and occasionally gets catty with like Zagreus does? :v: