Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It’s snake oil, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I’ve never had any luck with CBD oil or gummies but if you buy the cbd shatter/ crumble to smoke it will definitely give you a quasi-high, at least if your tolerance is low

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

The Human Crouton posted:

It's hilarious and scary how many people convinced themselves that CBD is useful for anything at all just because they wanted an inroad to legalize weed.

Everyone’s looking to cure what ails em, and easily. I can’t blame anybody for that. Good point about how it’s popularity is probably meant to get people used to weed being more available though.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

The Human Crouton posted:

It's hilarious and scary how many people convinced themselves that CBD is useful for anything at all just because they wanted an inroad to legalize weed.

My dude, have you seen this shirt made of hemp? It’s so strong and definitely not itchy. It’s also great for making ropes, a thing I do all the time.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Allegedly it has some effect on epilepsy but to be honest, it can't be as effective as the medication and people are just desperate to get off of the pills to something less miserable, which is understandable.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I have bad chronic neck pain (don't break your neck it sucks forever) that I mostly manage with alcohol. CBD oil added to that does have an effect greater than just drinking but it's no miracle drug. It's not opiates either though so that's good.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

My wife has dystonia and the CBD oil helps with the spasms as much as the prescription pain management stuff. The 3% THC oil we got in another state is even better. We tried just dropping pretense and just having her smoke actual pot, not as helpful.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Yes, it helps with anxiety, and is good for back/joint pain. It reduces inflammation, topically if applied topically. Also you never know of there's actually any cbd in it with retail CBD products especially at places like gas stations and headshops. I buy pure cbd isolate and make tincture for myself and some family/friends at 50mg/ml and it works very well, topically or sublingual. My dog has a recurring back issue and a few mg of cbd works as well as the NSAID/muscle relaxer the vet used to prescribe. It's definitely not weed, though, and doesn't do what weed does.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 17, 2019

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i used to buy cbd-only weed because real weed would make me paranoid while cbd weed would feel like ~something~ but without the racing thoughts. Also I could get an oz for like 40 dollars online.

i dont bother anymore because drugs cost too much and once youre used to them they don't actually help you enjoy things

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It works quite well and OP is just an idiot trying to get high from smoking raisins.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Colonel Cancer posted:

It works quite well and OP is just an idiot trying to get high from smoking raisins.

Holy poo poo does this work

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Sjs00 posted:

Holy poo poo does this work

Yeah dog just just don't accidentally smoke craisins or you will go crazy!

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Does it work? Is it a placebo? I don't know (or care to) but I'm giving it to my dog!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I give it to our cat and it very noticeably helps with her arthritis

I tried it myself a while ago though and it didn't do poo poo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I wish I could think up a scam like CBD oil so I could trick dumb people like OP into giving me their hard earned money!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

there's no question that cbd works but it's like chill ibuprofen. it's not going to blow your mind. also most non-dispensary retail products are underdosed or misleadingly dosed or otherwise bad products

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
I make my own with some isolate and oil. It's actually perfect for anxiety and sleeping. Don't waste your time with gas station nonsense.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
cbdeez nuts

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I use CBD edibles before bed and when I wake up the next morning it feels like I've had an amazing well rested sleep. It also feels like I've had anti-depressants, I don't struggle to get out of bed and start my day.

If I take them during the day there's really no difference that I can tell.

The best for me though is the 1:1 THC:CBD Indica edibles because then I can feel my muscles relax, but it does give you some "weed thoughts"

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
MY WIFE takes this when her sciatic nerve acts up and it works wonders. she goes from being nearly unable to get out of bed to having virtually no pain at all. I also have a coworker who swears by it for her leg pain. In both cases they've been prescribed something but prefer the CBD because it doesn't have the side effects.

not saying it's some sort of miracle drug but it does seem to actually work for some things. I get inflammation in my eyes sometimes and it seems to help for that though could be just a placebo effect, I dunno. That said I'm pretty sure nearly all of the hype is because its halfway to legal weed

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah it definitely works provided you’re getting it from a good source. The high is there but not on the level of THC, but it is pleasant and still allows you to do poo poo on it which is nice

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

crabcakes dogg posted:

Yeah it definitely works provided you’re getting it from a good source. The high is there but not on the level of THC, but it is pleasant and still allows you to do poo poo on it which is nice

any recommended sources? I tried some from amazon a few years ago that was supposedly good but I didn't really notice any effects

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Damo posted:

it's not regulated at all and i read a study somewhere that basically said like 90% of "cbd" oil is complete bullshit with barely or no actual cbd in it. it probably can have some therapeutic uses but when most of it is bogus you had better do your research into what you buy

google it if you care i cant be bothered

Prove it. Everything says otherwise.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
CBD oil is clinically proven to provide relief for certain ailments ya dorks

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
There's that show Bong Appetit where they cook with cannabis and cannabis accessories and they say that CBD can temper a strong high from THC, so if you're way too stoned you can ingest some CBD and you'll sharpen up a bit. Any truth to that?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If it's not a one-to-one CBD to THC its doing almost nothing.

CBD right now is a slightly expensive industrial by-product oh I agree culture. You can buy it freebase from very low prices. That's why I need to combine it with the thc, it's a byproduct it's not the main part of the show

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

gey muckle mowser posted:

any recommended sources? I tried some from amazon a few years ago that was supposedly good but I didn't really notice any effects

CBD isolate is $15/g on sale right now at phytodabs.com. Buy 1 gram of it and use a tiny funnel to put it in a 20ml bottle with a dropper top, and fill it up with your favorite vegetable oil. The CBD will dissolve in a few minutes. A full dropper (not literally full, but as full as you can get it by squeezing the bulb) is usually about 1ml which will contain 50mg of cbd. Squirt it under your tongue and leave it there without sloshing it around and it will soak in through your mouth and start taking effect in ~10 mins. If 1-2 of those doesn't help your anxiety or your bad neck CBD probably isn't going to do it.

superjew posted:

There's that show Bong Appetit where they cook with cannabis and cannabis accessories and they say that CBD can temper a strong high from THC, so if you're way too stoned you can ingest some CBD and you'll sharpen up a bit. Any truth to that?
yes

Dejan Bimble posted:

If it's not a one-to-one CBD to THC its doing almost nothing.

CBD right now is a slightly expensive industrial by-product oh I agree culture. You can buy it freebase from very low prices. That's why I need to combine it with the thc, it's a byproduct it's not the main part of the show
yeah, all the hot poo poo medical weed strains right now are high cbd and high THC in some ratio and CBD definitely does more in concert with other cannabinoids

e: those strains tend to be really expensive but you can buy legal smokable CBD bud on the internet for like $40 an oz and just mix it with regular weed as you see fit if you want to try this route

ee: CBD bud might have enough THC in it to make you fail a drug test but CBD isolate is safe

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 17, 2019

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

poverty goat posted:

CBD isolate is $15/g on sale right now at phytodabs.com. Buy 1 gram of it and use a tiny funnel to put it in a 20ml bottle with a dropper top, and fill it up with your favorite vegetable oil. The CBD will dissolve in a few minutes. A full dropper (not literally full, but as full as you can get it by squeezing the bulb) is usually about 1ml which will contain 50mg of cbd.

Seconding this but I was recommended to use MCT oil since it's flavorless. I don't think it makes a difference.

https://www.mindovermenieres.com/cbd-oil-cbd-isolate/

Here's what I used to learn and it's worked great for a couple years.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

loling at the burnout idiots itt who were upset CBD didn't get them high

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I think upwards of 100mg/ml you might run into problems getting it to dissolve in some cooking oils (saturated fats like coconut/mct will go farther) but yeah it doesn't really matter here I don't think

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

PinheadSlim posted:

loling at the burnout idiots itt who were upset CBD didn't get them high

ya, I don't think I've ever gotten a high from it and that's kinda the point.

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

gey muckle mowser posted:

A friend of mine started his own business a few years back after NC started allowing local farmers to grow hemp: https://www.oakcityhemp.com

He sources directly from local farmers and even provides services in helping farmers grow hemp for the first time

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i tried some lovely cbd pills from the health food store and those sucked rear end so then i got some of that poo poo from phytodabs and it definitely does something. so then i threw a couple cbd plants in my weed grow and that's even better. so the answer is yes it works for certain things, especially anxiety. also it helps my chronic sinus infections somehow.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

one thing to remember is if you eat it it's like weed edibles and you need twice as much and it might take 2-3 hours to do anything on a full stomach

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i prefer to smoke the flower then after that ethanol tincture under tongue. i guess eating it is fine if edibles is all you got. never been a fan of gummies.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i always have to plug using vegetable glycerin for tinctures

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

most of the retail products that say they contain cbd don't do anything, you need either the isolate or cbd flower to really get much effect off it. like you can't expect to buy some gummies at a gas station and have that work. also the doses on retail products are always too low, 10 mg of cbd is worthless

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Hell Yeah posted:

most of the retail products that say they contain cbd don't do anything, you need either the isolate or cbd flower to really get much effect off it. like you can't expect to buy some gummies at a gas station and have that work. also the doses on retail products are always too low, 10 mg of cbd is worthless

Yeah I have found that anything other than good quality flower is mostly a gamble (in that most of the time it doesn’t do anything)

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

CBD is the latest hot supplement. It's "hot" because people perceive it to be some kind of "legal bud" that's going to take away their chronic pain and make them look and feel younger. Sound familiar?

Ever go to Dragon Herbs? These aren't "hot" right now but they still have cult followings of people spending money on them, believing they are never going to grow old or get cancer or have pain, etc. etc. etc. There's a ton of them.

Too expensive? There's hundreds of other products at different price points to meet your needs of feeling healthier, more powerful, or whatever you feel like feeling! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Telebite posted:

CBD is the latest hot supplement. It's "hot" because people perceive it to be some kind of "legal bud" that's going to take away their chronic pain and make them look and feel younger. Sound familiar?

Ever go to Dragon Herbs? These aren't "hot" right now but they still have cult followings of people spending money on them, believing they are never going to grow old or get cancer or have pain, etc. etc. etc. There's a ton of them.

Too expensive? There's hundreds of other products at different price points to meet your needs of feeling healthier, more powerful, or whatever you feel like feeling! :D

This is a horrible take.