Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I used to get agonizing muscle spasms in my neck, back, legs, and belly. They would often last up to 45 minutes and render me unable to get out of bed. With CBD I can take it when the spasms start and they'll be over in under 2 minutes. I don't know if it's any good for seizures because my seizure medication takes care of that. I don't get any other effects from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Eating or drinking cbd it can help with the soreness a bit after running a dozen miles but its slight I doubt topical does anything.

Definitely helps mellow out a bad high, I'm sure consuming it in large doses as a vitamin is horrific long term.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
All drugs are fake OP, they don't do anything.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

cinnamon rollout posted:

Just so we are clear THC with CBD is not similar to CBD oil, also cure-alls cure nothing.

yeah, and to be more clear "cbd oil" as in the drops etc that you see in health food stores is bullshit, "cbd oil" that comes as a tincture or oil cartridge (usually also with thc) in a dispensary is usually good (but be careful because some carts are bad)

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I used to get agonizing muscle spasms in my neck, back, legs, and belly. They would often last up to 45 minutes and render me unable to get out of bed. With CBD I can take it when the spasms start and they'll be over in under 2 minutes.

yup, this is exactly the main thing i use it for, and there have been many nights when after playing keyboards for 2-3 hours and then hauling a bunch of heavy gear around cbd has prevented me from collapsing

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
cbd relative to thc is extremely scarce even in cbd heavy strains that have next to no thc in them. if it helps it helps and i don't begrudge anyone their weed products as a longtime bong smoking robot myself, just manage your expectations and don't rely on it for any serious medical issue if you haven't already exhausted every other option. Afaik treating seizures, particularly in epileptic children, is the most legitimate application but it's not clear whether that is from cbd, thc, or any of the other myriad compounds in dat weed

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I recently ordered some for my mum for her Arthritis but i'm in the UK so likely it doesnt have much of the good poo poo in it, still hopefully it helps relieve some of the pain for her, it gets good reviews and i hear good things about it for those that deal with Arthritis, joint pain etc.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
CBD didn’t do poo poo for me. L-theanine and magnesium actually helped me with anxiety, sleep, and pain. But people are all different and things that work for some don’t necessarily work for others.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Is this the new star citizen thread ?

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Take it to goons with spoons

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

SubnormalityStairs posted:

CBD didn’t do poo poo for me. L-theanine and magnesium actually helped me with anxiety, sleep, and pain. But people are all different and things that work for some don’t necessarily work for others.

I've tried everything for my chronic lower back pain, minimal to no effect. The only thing that has any real effect is codeine and that's not something I'm willing to regularly take.

I even tried the super expensive "best absorption possible" magnesium.

Perhaps it's my attitude.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Cock and Balls Destruction oil

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

My back is jacked from epilepsy, the things that have helped me are physical therapy, 45 minutes of yoga a day and a magnesium supplement. I can't imagine CBD would do a whole lot compared to hard work and physio but I guess it couldn't hurt.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
my sister in law swears by it, swindled half our family (including me) into getting some. I was willing to try anything for my headaches at that time, before discovering they were caused by a massive brain tumor. my SIL also recommended putting crystals in my bra. i was not desperate enough to go around lumpy titted.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

DemonDarkhorse posted:

my sister in law swears by it, swindled half our family (including me) into getting some. I was willing to try anything for my headaches at that time, before discovering they were caused by a massive brain tumor. my SIL also recommended putting crystals in my bra. i was not desperate enough to go around lumpy titted.

Tit crystals...smh
People try to say cbd will fix anything and they use it on their pets and stuff. It’s probably not harmful but might keep people from getting more effective treatments

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Real CBD products from a legal dispensary are subject to the same state testing procedures of THC, especially since they always have a small percentage of THC for activation, but random CBD crap at a smoke shop, gas station, off Amazon, or in your drink at a coffee shop is like 98% fake as hell because it goes through absolutely zero testing whatsoever. Genuine CBD absolutely helps with anxiety and pain... but any of the random CBD gummies off Amazon are almost never legit and are just normal gummies with added hemp.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Real CBD products from a legal dispensary are subject to the same state testing procedures of THC, especially since they always have a small percentage of THC for activation, but random CBD crap at a smoke shop, gas station, off Amazon, or in your drink at a coffee shop is like 98% fake as hell because it goes through absolutely zero testing whatsoever. Genuine CBD absolutely helps with anxiety and pain... but any of the random CBD gummies off Amazon are almost never legit and are just normal gummies with added hemp.

I have generalized anxiety disorder, and PTSD, and legit CBD has done poo poo all for me. I used to smoke a poo poo-ton of weed until I found out that it wasn't the best for my particular brain chemistry. CBD hasn't done a lot for me. Can't speak for pain, but as far as an alternative, it doesn't work much better than camomile tea.

I live in CO and have gone to a number of dispensaries that have "good reps".

This is just my experience and I'm not saying CBD doesn't work for someone with a different experience, it just doesn't do jack poo poo for me. :shrug:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

My understanding was that absolutely nothing off Amazon contained CBD since it's against their policy and that all of the endless products on there are just meant to mislead people by suggesting that "hemp extract" and CBD are the same thing.

I dunno I bought mine from a local company with good reviews and specific CBD mg listed on the bottle. It might be bunk but I don't know how I'd get more legitimate going to a dispensary vs a local CBD shop.

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
CBD oil is edibles for people who are afraid of vaccines and GMOs

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Cock and Balls Destruction oil

Call me

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Linux Pirate posted:

I used to smoke a poo poo-ton of weed until I found out that it wasn't the best for my particular brain chemistry.

Same. For a while I couldn't smoke it at all because it just made my depression and anxiety skyrocket instantly but now I've reached a point where I can get high for an evening or two and am fine, provided I don't continue to smoke every day.

I've never tried any CBD products other than CBD-only flower, and it does help with my anxiety and makes me sleep well the way regular weed used to. You get the chill feeling without the high and can still function and think clearly. People who have developed a high tolerance for THC are obviously going to feel nothing, however, which I think is another reason some are calling it a scam in addition to the bogus gas station products.

I also tried CBG flower from a smoke shop and it did absolutely nothing and made my stomach upset each time I smoked it.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I rubbed some on my city and now we have all these impressive skyscrapers. Central Business District oil really works OP.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Telebite posted:

I've tried everything for my chronic lower back pain, minimal to no effect. The only thing that has any real effect is codeine and that's not something I'm willing to regularly take.

Do you think your attitude has any effect on what blood types will save you vs which will kill you? There are significant differences between people that necessitate different interventions.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Linux Pirate posted:

This is just my experience and I'm not saying CBD doesn't work for someone with a different experience, it just doesn't do jack poo poo for me. :shrug:

Genuine product arguments aside, I've known dozens of folks who could smoke pounds of weed and not feel anything. I even had a friend who could hit the freshest strongest Salvia one could get and suffer no effects whatsoever. We can all agree that weed is a genuine drug, so there's little arguments of 'fake weed, etc', so I've just figured some people are lucky and CBD works really well for them, and others not so much.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The people itt saying it does nothing are dumb: The effects are definitely significant.

My dad was in the last weeks of his life, dying from painful cancer that had metastasized to his joints. He decided to open himself up to cannabis products. He heard that cbd drinks could ease joint pain and so he reached out to me. I procured him a bottle of cbd drink and the results were impressive. Sure, he felt no relief at first, but the very next day... He poo poo his pants at the Wal-Mart

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I dunno about if it works or not but in Oz CBD has always been the main word for the city centre and it's become really annoying to google things in the CBD in the last few years so thanks.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Drunk Nerds posted:

The people itt saying it does nothing are dumb: The effects are definitely significant.

My dad was in the last weeks of his life, dying from painful cancer that had metastasized to his joints. He decided to open himself up to cannabis products. He heard that cbd drinks could ease joint pain and so he reached out to me. I procured him a bottle of cbd drink and the results were impressive. Sure, he felt no relief at first, but the very next day... He poo poo his pants at the Wal-Mart

I'm sorry, that was actually prune juice

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
My hairdresser suggested that I give cbd oil to my elderly pug. Why? I don’t know but it sounds like bullshit to me.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Do you go to cut your hair to a veterinary?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Telebite posted:

This is what fixed my back pain, YMMV.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
most of it is fake OP

i go to my local Weed Store where they test everything so im getting the real poo poo.

I think it helps OP.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

:hai:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

i bet you can't tell a dog spine from a human spine.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

remigious posted:

My hairdresser suggested that I give cbd oil to my elderly pug. Why? I don’t know but it sounds like bullshit to me.

I'm used to breeders and pet store workers giving veterinary advice but hairdresser is a new one for me

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Not only do those gummies at the gas station have next to no CBD on average but they sure as hell taste like something made from industrial byproducts in a factory that's never heard the term "food-grade". I encourage everyone to try it once, it's a flavor you won't find anywhere else.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

tao of lmao posted:

It’s snake oil, op.

Snake oil is actually good. It contains a lot of omega-3 fatty acids in high concentration. As a nutritional supplement, it's absolutely fantastic. Ignorant fools gave it a bad name.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

CBD actually stands for:
(MDMB)-CHMINACA
B-Phenylmethamphetamine
(2,5)Dioxy-chloroamphetamine

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Dont Touch ME posted:

Snake oil is actually good. It contains a lot of omega-3 fatty acids in high concentration. As a nutritional supplement, it's absolutely fantastic. Ignorant fools gave it a bad name.

lol haha old timey gimmick poster snake oil salesman itt

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing us that snake oil wasn't efficacious.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
Everytime I look around, I see
So much fakeness goin down
where did CBD touch you? you are fighting against a medicine that helps children with seizures. yeah the woo is strong so don't get mlm'd but calling it snake oil is ignorant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
Well op I have degenerative arthritis in my upper neck and it seems to help but maybe it's a placebo?? Thanks!