Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Nighthawks, the Stallone and Billy Dee action film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Paris, Je Taime is a movie where New York Feels Like Another Character

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

Escape from New York surely qualifies. The environment itself is basically treated like the primary antagonist.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Ferris bueklers day off is set in some other city but it feels very much like New York is a character in it? I want to say Ferris is meant to represent New York and his dumb friend represents conneticjt and the babe represents jersey

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
A lot of films I like that are set in Chicago for that matter feel a lot like New York is always just around the corner waiting o jump out at you

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Wolfen. It has those shots of early-eighties South Bronx that make it look like a post-apocalyptic morass of despair. Like...the early-eighties South Bronx.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Wizchine posted:

Wolfen. It has those shots of early-eighties South Bronx that make it look like a post-apocalyptic morass of despair. Like...the early-eighties South Bronx.

Bottom of the previous page bro :respek:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Torquemada posted:

Got em.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Julius CSAR posted:

So, hackers brings up an interesting question. Like in New York in the 90s were there really these crazy underground teen clubs that were nothing but gigantic stacks of CRTs connected to a single SNES and skateboarding ramps everywhere, and theres usually like a window serving pizza?

Its in hackers, and TMNT, and poo poo, like even Free Willy I think? Its a strange trope and I always wanted to hang out in one.

I'm unironically right there with you, man.

If there were actual clubs like that, I might have ever gone to one. Hell, there probably are one or two nowadays in Silicon Valley, created and populated by techbros from our generation, but they'd be full of techbros, and thus utterly insufferable. One more thing they've ruined, I suppose.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

RIP underground pizza clubs.

"It's better to burn out than fade away."

Woden
May 6, 2006
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Ferris bueklers day off is set in some other city but it feels very much like New York is a character in it? I want to say Ferris is meant to represent New York and his dumb friend represents conneticjt and the babe represents jersey

You can actually spot New York dancing in the crowd during the Twist scene. It's just a cameo but its definitely enough to put Ferris on the list.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
Ghostbusters 2

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Shadows, The Naked City, The Seven Year Itch, Guys and Dolls.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Torquemada posted:

:hf:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Eyes Wide Shut

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oldboy has a very eighties New York vibe, but not the American remake imo

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I like the movies where they show new york or any city and pretend it is/was clean

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its a shame leon the professional is turbo creepy cause it makes NY look great

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

jokes posted:

I like the movies where they show new york or any city and pretend it is/was clean

Hell I don't.

naem
May 29, 2011

I lived in new york for several years it was ok

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
idk if id like to live there but it's at least visually interesting. Makes for a great setting for movies!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Did anyone say Needle Park??

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Gangs of New York, the glory days of New York City

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dell_Zincht posted:

Rumble in The Bronx: Jackie Chan saves the world by fighting with BITS OF NEW YORK CITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vg8uGzLts

Filmed in Vancouver, Canada. lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Kazak posted:

Gangs of New York, the glory days of New York City

I really like this movie, warts and all. God it looks amazing

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Did we have Cruising or Serpico yet?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

in the killing fields there is a short scene of the main guy in his NYC apartment and its very NYC

he also runs through the new york times office and thats anotehr good one

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
In Leningrad Cowboys Go America the Leningrad Cowboys go to New York first but New York is a total dick who tells them to go to Mexico

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

was Jacob's ladder filmed in nyc?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Check out the naudet brothers documentary

Zushio
May 8, 2008
How about Bringing Out The Dead?

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
When Harry Met Sally, but only the affluent white parts of NY.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Requiem for a dream is a good one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Mortal Engines is supposedly pretty bad but it has cities chasing, fighting and eating each other.