Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

About
Black Desert Mobile is, unsurprisingly the mobile version of Black Desert Online. It features a lot of the same areas and the same story as BDO, but with auto-combat and much better item upgrading.

https://i.imgur.com/n9Pj6q8.mp4

Currently the Global version has only five classes: Warrior (dude with sword and shield), Valkyrie (dudette with sword and shield), Ranger (bow and arrow), Witch (magic) and Giant (axe and being huge). The KR and JP versions have more of the BDO classes, like Tamer, Dark Knight, Striker, Mystic, Sorceress, etc as well as Awakenings (what if Giant had a gun) and they'll come to Global over time.

https://i.imgur.com/sTnhHou.mp4

Character creation is almost on par with BDO, though not quite as in-depth in some areas, it's still pretty good looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsiff9tauzc

Also enhancing equipment isn't as awful now! For your main equipment you just jam rocks into it to increase the likelihood of it working. Accessories still need another copy of themselves and will blow up, though.

https://i.imgur.com/iqCcgM2.mp4

On the subject of the cash shop:

Hi posted:

Cash shop is pretty similar to desktop cash shop.

If youre serious and into it youll probably end up buying the luxury packages that everyones currently taking for granted cause they hand out free for new players.. theres three I think? black spirit plus makes the auto gather / combat when games closed last 6 hours instead of 3 and ramps up your carrying weight.. combat plus which also ramps up carry weight, gives a small buff to black spirit exp gain and lets you skip the trash packs on boss rushes. and camp plus which buffs all your camp stuff, black stone production, horse bonding duration, stamina consumption etc... None of them are MUST haves like the desktops VIP package that reduces the cut from selling things on market but all are varying degrees of useful.

other than that... theres pets, cosmetics, and a few pay 2 win things like scrolls that erase the negatives from failing enchants.. which really only comes into play with accessories since the enchanting is changed from desktop.. or at least changed from US release BDO, I havent played in a while.. but theres no fail stacks anymore, on weapons and armor you its a % chance of success that increases the more blackspirit stones you use.. accessories is still mash duplicates together, but like I said theres like a 25 cent consumable scroll you can use if you fail an accessory that allows you to not blow up the accessory and have to start over. All in all MUCH easier to progress.

3 pets is ideal but you will get one for free and a bit in, maybe like day two or three depending on how much you play youll get the ability to buy a second one with black pearls, the ingame no real money premium currency, so thats two free pets which will vacuum up like 75% of the items... I bought a third pet just cause I like having a herd of cats following me around but dont plan on spending much more, doesnt really seem to demand it.

I think the only *real* pay2win is the ability to convert pearls which only come from real life spending to black pearls, because blackpearls are the currency used for accessories. Theres a million ways to earn them ingame, but you could theoretically if you had a big enough wallet, circumvent that and just buy ogre rings with your credit card. Pretty cost prohibitive tho and completely unnecessary

Guild

We're congregating on Heidel as the clan GoonSquad, which you can apply to by searching. Please post in the thread with your family name when you do this otherwise I won't know who the heck you are.

Goonwaffe is the overflow guild, make sure you say which one you applied to!

Tips
- Don't sleep on enhancing your gear, it makes a huge difference to your CP total and can be easily transferred to replacement gear
- Black Spirit level carries over to your other characters, giving you a big head start on any other classes you want to play. It also lets you skip story dialogue you've already seen
- Node Manager is a good source of silver, as is getting gold eggs and wool from your ranch periodically
- The arena is very bad, feel free to ignore it outside of doing the Guild/Task daily. No idea on Ramoness Arena

Links
Roadmap: https://www.world.blackdesertm.com/Ocean/News/Detail?boardNo=48
Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pearlabyss.blackdesertm.gl
iOS: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1477186880

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I forgot to pick a tag, oops.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Excellent! Now I can talk to other people here about my terrible decisions to play this game!
Also, when are we getting Dark Knight?

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Thank you for stepping up and making a thread, you even picked a good title.

Game is rad, if you like(d?) BDO you will like this game.

I actually kind of like it more than BDO cause its pretty much the same game with a lot of the bullshit trimmed out.

Come play fully automated korean grindfest m'lord.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I started on another server but moved over to the goon preferred. Applied to guild as the Raddest family.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I applied as Xunfa

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Gonna try this out and apply as Insoolyn family name.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Idk if theres like an officer rank that can accept invites, or if you can modify member privileges so they can accept but either way Im always on as Eversion if thats possible.

Can get people in quicker.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How do I do the Santa daily? I got the quest but it's not showing me any objectives

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Xun posted:

How do I do the Santa daily? I got the quest but it's not showing me any objectives

The servers are borked right now so that might be the issue of not seeing it. I had a problem with it this morning and had to restart the game to get it to work. People are reporting in chat still having issues with quests and tasks.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Good Lord do not try the Ramoness arena unless you absolutely have to. It's so awful. It has the problem of the regular arena where CP matters, but it doesn't tell you anyone's CP at all. You also have to sit through the entire 3 minutes and can't forfeit (or at least I couldn't when I tried) of the enemy team just pummeling you without recourse.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Hi posted:

Idk if theres like an officer rank that can accept invites, or if you can modify member privileges so they can accept but either way Im always on as Eversion if thats possible.

Can get people in quicker.

The only other rank is Rookie, which just gives bonuses to people under 49 or something, sadly.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

The only other rank is Rookie, which just gives bonuses to people under 49 or something, sadly.

Unfortunate but not a big deal.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
is there anything else we can do with the guild before 49?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

There's Node Wars, but it only ran once in the soft-launch period and I didn't pay much attention to it. There's some permanent (maybe?) buffs to buy with guild funds that I need to look into more also.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Applied as
<-------

Also this kinda seems like lineage?

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Dang I rolled on the wrong server when it launched :(

Outside of the free pet, and the 400 black pearl pet, are there any ways to get more pets? The whole exchange pets thing to get a higher tier/more skills pet but no way to supply that outside of real money is rough stuff (but expected at this point I guess).

It looks like sometimes pets pop up on the market for like 2million silver but either those are a glitch or people are buying them instantly - I can't tell.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
You're supposed to be able to put in an order for certain items on the market so that it will automatically buy them when they come up (it randomly chooses between everyone who put an order in for that item), but I haven't seen where to do that yet. The game actually has an ingame tutorial for it, even, but it doesn't seem to be working for me as the option doesn't even come up.

Edit: Digging a little further, it seems you can only do that for non-cash shop items. So pets and outfits are a no go for reservations, which really sucks. I was hoping to eventually save for some of the nice outfits and just put orders for them.

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 19, 2019

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Yea it will broadcast a message when cash shop items and really high end stuff get posted to the market... then if its anything like desktop BDO itll appear 5-10 minutes later.

kaptkobe
Mar 29, 2015
I would like to join family name is kaptkobe

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Shoot I rolled a char on a different server from the goon guild. Is there any way to transfer? I don't really wanna do like 10 hours of poo poo again

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

thehoodie posted:

Shoot I rolled a char on a different server from the goon guild. Is there any way to transfer? I don't really wanna do like 10 hours of poo poo again

I dont think so but its better to redo ten hours now then regret it a couple weeks/months down the road. at least in my opinion.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Hmmm. I noticed I can't set the fps to Max on my OnePlus 6T and even the newer 7T is capped at 30 according to reddit threads.

Strange. Same CPU as the Note 9 and a gen ahead of the Pixel 2nd. Both reportedly can select highest settings.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah I'm capped at High/30 on my 3a but the battery drain is pretty decent on that already I guess

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
What should I be rolling in the gold coin shop? Right now I have a blue primary weapon, mostly the rest green, a couple whites.

Start by trying for the slots that are still white, then green? Or keep rolling on a primary weapon I don't think I could use yet?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Personally I try to work on slots stuck in lower rarities, yeah.

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!
Applied as myself.

Played this a bit on the PC release. Ready to grind my life away, mobile style.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Heads up for newbies - once you beat the second big boss (the ones that you can later Boss Rush, about Level 20 for me) you unlock Black Spirit Mode which is what lets you off-line idle for up to 3 hours (or 6 hours if you're a whale and spend money), either hunting, gathering, or fishing.

If you do hunting, I'm pretty sure it also gives progress to the Kill 2000 monsters guild quest, maybe other quests too.

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

Forgot to post here, but I'm Grognard!! Already been accepted a while ago.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Applied as Sadclaps

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Everyone who applied should be in now, but tell me if I've forgotten/missed you.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
applied as family name Shellir

Jesus Toast
Sep 30, 2005

Applied as Ailera

notanewfag
May 13, 2008
Applied as Tyrista

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TIL there's a mobile gaming subforum now. I've been playing this and have been finding it pretty fun so far, but I'm on a different server and don't feel like starting over so I'll probably keep going solo :smith:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Okay so the Guild Skills are permanent passives. Hope everyone enjoys their +3 AP.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok so why does the game keep making me log in every time? It’s super annoying

Talking about the facebook / line /Appleid log in.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Ok so why does the game keep making me log in every time? It’s super annoying

Talking about the facebook / line /Appleid log in.

Yep getting the same thing. Even if I lock my phone for 30 seconds.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Is there anyway to zoom out more than like 10 ft?

I remember desktop had some extra file you could throw in there thatd unlock the zoom , I doubt anything like that exists for mobile but... Im hopeful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huskers
May 9, 2009
Applied as Huskers.

Might play for a bit as an idle box over the break. It is making me miss (parts of) the PC game strangely enough.