Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Plan Z posted:

His teardown on why conservative humor is so awful is one of my favorite things I've ever read:

https://www.cracked.com/blog/5-awful-but-revealing-examples-conservative-comedy/
the running gag about getting confused in the middle of your own joke and then just mentioning farts with a question mark will never not be funny to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

I swear seanbaby did a comic with the immortal line "Shut the gently caress up out of my office" but I can't find it now

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Who What Now posted:

I just listened to the episode of Behind the Bastards he was on and I actually did a belly laugh when he described Steven Seagal's running style as "like a fat woman waking up in a tub full of snakes"

I just laughed out loud from reading this, I guess I need to find that podcast!

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
green bamboo mystery peanut

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Super Nintendo 64 posted:

I swear seanbaby did a comic with the immortal line "Shut the gently caress up out of my office" but I can't find it now

She deserved that.

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.
He had the letter from the plumber who makes "tons of money an hour plus bennies!" right?

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I think there was some sort of "web ring" that had both seanbaby and Something Awful in it. I remember reading some of both, coming from such fantastic sites as wtfman.com and the Stile Project :v:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

BigglesSWE posted:

I just laughed out loud from reading this, I guess I need to find that podcast!

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/how-stuff-works/behind-the-bastards/e/56744261?autoplay=true
Warning: you will not be ready for when they play a song off Seagal's album.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

“The first thing you should do is name your firework. This will help your project have a focus, and get you closer to your incendiary device. Also, if something goes wrong later, you can phone the fire department from Mexico with a disguised voice and have a name to give them regarding the fire that burned down the youth center. And that means that the name of your firework will make it into an actual police report!

It also means that a haggard fire inspector might see the evidence and grimly say, "My god. He or she is right. This blaze does have the calling card of... E.T., the Explosive Terrestrial." Then several other fire inspectors might gasp while one of them scratches a record to a halt.”

http://www.seanbaby.com/personal/fireworks.htm

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Hyrax Attack! posted:

“The first thing you should do is name your firework. This will help your project have a focus, and get you closer to your incendiary device. Also, if something goes wrong later, you can phone the fire department from Mexico with a disguised voice and have a name to give them regarding the fire that burned down the youth center. And that means that the name of your firework will make it into an actual police report!

It also means that a haggard fire inspector might see the evidence and grimly say, "My god. He or she is right. This blaze does have the calling card of... E.T., the Explosive Terrestrial." Then several other fire inspectors might gasp while one of them scratches a record to a halt.”

http://www.seanbaby.com/personal/fireworks.htm

Man, I must have been in middle school or high school when I first read that.

Ratzinc
Aug 14, 2004

MY BALLS ARE THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUITS

Mr. Bones posted:

Seanbaby, X-Entertainment, Daily Radar, Maddox, Newgrounds, SomethingAwful

Peak Internet, especially if you like Mr. T memes macros.

Ratzinc fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 24, 2019

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

JD-Smith posted:

He had the letter from the plumber who makes "tons of money an hour plus bennies!" right?

Yep!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Hahhaha whenever I hear about someone not making a great life decision for videogame reasons I think of the phrase “Dear Nintendo: My Life Is a God drat Mess.”

Also: “Criminality: 8/10
What would you do if you were a park ranger this night? Say you drove up and saw Captain Tootsie and the Secret Legion raising cheers to Tootsie Rolls around the corpse of a bear they killed out of season and hung from a tree. You wouldn't even wait to roll down the window before you opened fire.”

http://www.seanbaby.com/comicads/comicads27.shtml

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i’m glad he’s still getting paid to write and hasn’t been revealed to be a horrible criminal. with internet personalities it’s a high bar, but he cleared it.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Seanbaby posted:

This coupon has less respect for the human clitoris than North Africa.

goddamn

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

Oh yeah that hits the spot. "Shut the gently caress up out of my office" is just so perfect.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn I forgot about the saga of the big dick Nintendo Power plumber, great stuff. I wonder what that dude's up to now. Internet 1.0 feels like a lifetime ago.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Laterite posted:

Goddamn I forgot about the saga of the big dick Nintendo Power plumber, great stuff. I wonder what that dude's up to now. Internet 1.0 feels like a lifetime ago.

The time from that Nintendo Power letter to the time Seanbaby wrote an article about it is.about the same time as that article to now, it was a lifetime ago.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Hahhaha whenever I hear about someone not making a great life decision for videogame reasons I think of the phrase “Dear Nintendo: My Life Is a God drat Mess.”

Also: “Criminality: 8/10
What would you do if you were a park ranger this night? Say you drove up and saw Captain Tootsie and the Secret Legion raising cheers to Tootsie Rolls around the corpse of a bear they killed out of season and hung from a tree. You wouldn't even wait to roll down the window before you opened fire.”

http://www.seanbaby.com/comicads/comicads27.shtml

I still think about this every now and then. Seanbaby can paint a mental picture like no one else.

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

Seanbaby posted:

When you were a toddler and drew a picture of your mom with 17 fingers, green hair, and a body that looked like a melted turd, she loved it. It was a terrible drawing in every way possible, but she loved it and called it cute because you were three. This game is as bad as a 17-fingered drawing, only the people who made it are not three. God is going to stop thinking this retarded poo poo is cute really fast, guys. I know you just made Him up to keep us from mixing pork with milk, and there's not much that mythology can really do to us, but just in case, let's stop trying to piss Jesus off with bad Nintendo games and music. I'd hate to get swept away in a raging river of blood and hear that it was because I lived too close to the designers of Sunday Funday when God's fury descended upon them.

Sunday Funday

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.

Yes! thank you. To this day whenever someone talks about their benefits etc i always have this article run through my head.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

JD-Smith posted:

Yes! thank you. To this day whenever someone talks about their benefits etc i always have this article run through my head.

I was listening to The Adventure Zone a few months ago and someone used the phrase "Many Bennies" and my mind immediately went to that Seanbaby article which I hadn't read or thought about in like twenty years.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Been replaying Arkham Origins for Christmas, and having a snigger every time Batman finishes a combo by booting someone in the small of their back because it makes me think of his writeup on Black Manta:

quote:

Aquaman has has the biggest friends on the planet. He doesn't live in the Hall of Justice because of the big TV and the peephole in Wonder Woman's shower. He lives there because he knows Black Manta or any other guy with two arms and a helmet could knock his teeth out. But when Superman or Green Lantern are both one C.B. call away, Black Manta's going back to washing dishes at the Red Lobster with a bag of ice on his face and some reality kicked directly into his spine.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Seanbaby did a short-run series of casual let's plays that were pretty funny. Not traditional Seanbaby stuff, but Seanbaby stuff nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ygP8fdbEI

FoEzy
Dec 9, 2018
So Seanbaby and Brockway have teamed up to make a Patreon. It's called 1-900-HOTDOG. As one of the last vestiges of the old internet I thought there might be an audience here. It seems like they are going to write 4-6 articles per week. Just reading through the donation tiers is essentially a full Seanbaby article and the introduction IS a full article.

https://www.patreon.com/1900HOTDOG/posts

The first few articles have been a delight.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Cubone posted:

went to get a quote from one of his articles that I thought people might enjoy

will report back here once my team manages to excavate the comedy from the dig site

didn't heed this post, paid the price

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Mr. Bones posted:

Seanbaby, X-Entertainment, and Progressive Boink were like the holy trifecta of pop culture comedy websites for me, though PB was by far my favourite. One of the guys who used to write for them, Jon Bois, wrote some kind of science fiction sports story recently that won a bunch of awards. 17776, I think? I haven't read it because the sports articles were always my least favourite part of the site so I probably wouldn't get it.

17776 is.....not really a sports article. I don't want to say much more without ruining it. Even if you just fell out of a spaceship and landed on Earth, 17776 is worth a read

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FoEzy posted:

So Seanbaby and Brockway have teamed up to make a Patreon. It's called 1-900-HOTDOG. As one of the last vestiges of the old internet I thought there might be an audience here. It seems like they are going to write 4-6 articles per week. Just reading through the donation tiers is essentially a full Seanbaby article and the introduction IS a full article.

https://www.patreon.com/1900HOTDOG/posts

The first few articles have been a delight.

Do I have to donate to read?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

17776 is.....not really a sports article. I don't want to say much more without ruining it. Even if you just fell out of a spaceship and landed on Earth, 17776 is worth a read

17776 definitely goes places, even though i lost my attention about 3/4 of the way through.

FoEzy
Dec 9, 2018

Who What Now posted:

Do I have to donate to read?

This is the first week, I'm not sure. The majority of articles will be gated behind the $3 / month donation tier (4/week). They are trying to make money writing internet comedy which is, apparently, very hard to do now. The first post is free, but it's more of a (funny) pitch to donate.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/welcome-to-1-900-34464265

Edit - Today's article is free? https://www.patreon.com/posts/nerding-day-of-34464970

haunted bong posted:

17776 definitely goes places, even though i lost my attention about 3/4 of the way through.

...and now I am reading 17776. I love Jon Bois' Breaking Madden articles.

FoEzy fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 4, 2020

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Meanwhile Cracked is this

:hmbol:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I met Seanbaby in an Airport once.
Even though we didn't know eachother, he treated me like an old friend.

Dude is cool as hell.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bobjr posted:

https://www.cracked.com/blog/the-4-most-irresponsible-sex-advice-books-all-time/

Seanbaby’s articles where he makes fun of terrible romance advice books were good because each one got him more unhinged, especially towards one author in particular

Fuckin lmao, I'm glad seanbaby's still going

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Ruffian Price posted:

Meanwhile Cracked is this

:hmbol:

Aren’t all their editors gone? Even David Wong left recently

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Seanbaby was so loving good. My mom used to find me hunched over the keyboard when I was 12 sobbing from laughing and she’d say “it’s seanbaby isn’t it”

Even his late 90’s super problametic is funny because he phrased it so well

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
And to think, if he was a poster here he would have been permad years ago

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
He used to make a lot of gay jokes, but usually only about the kinda guy who would be infuriated if you even implied they might be gay. And if not that, then just because dick sucking is funny.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

We Got Us A Bread posted:

My favorite podcast in the world was the Games for Windows Magazine podcast...which rarely had anything to do with games or windows. Instead, Jeff Green, Shawn Elliot, Ryan whateverhislastnamewas, and others talked about such interesting topics as "Jeff Green on why the magazine's circulation department is useless, and how every circulation meeting comes down to idiots saying things like "use more pink on your covers" and "do more top ten lists"" and "Shawn Elliot tells us about this one time that his friend poo poo in a lady's bag."

I still have every CGW/GFW Radio podcast.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Being made fun of for part of being gay for part of being that part of a part of being gay which was once detached and seperated on the south side hence it being a double headed cabin with that very point of uninformed thinking people thought you were gay sucked.

And you can’t imagining the kind of bullying that entailed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Aren’t all their editors gone? Even David Wong left recently
everybody who gave the site any personality is gone, yeah
except schmitty, I think he's still there

on the subject, cracked might have something awful beat in terms of money left on the table

swaim got snatched up by ign to be their video guy
soren and daniel write for t.v. shows now

d.o.b. seen here 2 years after being let go from cracked.com

cody and other katie are making ~a quarter million dollars annually doing literally the exact same show they were doing for cracked's video channel

adam tod brown, david christopher bell, abe epperson, and robert evans are all also doing the same poo poo they were before, they're just making money for somebody else while cracked publishes native advertisements for for-profit online universities