Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«11 »
Warbird
May 23, 2012

Burn the 'dawgs
Kill the Yellowjackets
Purge the Tiger
It is better to die for Bama than to live for yourself

Fun Shoe

Shitposting on here mostly. Hang in there OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Yes, hang in there. Things are poo poo but this too will pass.

Also, you are someone who has been running a stellar business. Someone who obviously cares a lot about your craft and about your coworkers. You've done great things in the past and I'm sure you can do good poo poo in the future.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Yeah, hang in there.
It's a pity you can't use the restaurant kitchen for delivery or or something, but I suppose it's just as well you're not trying to airdrop food - one slip up and some poor bastard is getting nailed to their lawn with a bunch of ribs.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Salad Prong

the only way i can think of a better way to die would involve lynda carter somehow

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Watching my savings evaporate and going insane locked in my house with a 2 year old and a pregnant wife, and trying not to fall into alcoholic depression over the future of my career and family.

You?
Isn't alcoholic depression the default state for a creative chef?

Kidding. I hope you pull through, dude. Your food looks awesome, I've enjoyed reading this thread, and I hope everything works out for you.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Oven Wrangler

Just echoing what some others have said, this has been a great thread and you've got clear skills in the kitchen plus it seems like a solid understanding of business and you treat your staff right. Things suck now but you'll get another chance to make things right.

the_chavi
Mar 2, 2005

Ultra Carp

The entire staff has been laid off, none of us are receiving unemployment because of the broken system in our state, and we have no sign or news of the restaurant reopening. We rely on the 2 hardest hit industries in the world recovering before we can reopen.

We're all basically entirely and completely hosed and there is nothing we can do about it!

Well, gently caress. Is there a fundraiser or anything akin to that for your staff? We've been doing fundraising through my office for some of the contract staff that support our office... would be happy to kick in.

Hugs. I wish I had anything useful to say.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

the_chavi posted:

Well, gently caress. Is there a fundraiser or anything akin to that for your staff? We've been doing fundraising through my office for some of the contract staff that support our office... would be happy to kick in.

Hugs. I wish I had anything useful to say.

I appreciate the thought, but by the nature of our location, we have no local community support i.e. nobody gives a poo poo about us. Plus, we have about 100 staff, so it isn't like 8 people that can benefit from some light fundraising.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I appreciate the thought, but by the nature of our location, we have no local community support i.e. nobody gives a poo poo about us. Plus, we have about 100 staff, so it isn't like 8 people that can benefit from some light fundraising.

Yeah I imagine the location is really killing you. Can't do work for foodbanks/charity right now because loving LOL at getting that poo poo in and out through security.

Plastik
Oct 14, 2005

ARE YOU TELLING ME SITTING HERE DOING NOTHING ISN'T HELPING? DAMN, WELL YOU JUST CONVINCED ME NOT TO TRY AT ALL!

Lipstick Apathy

Can you work at one of the other restaurants in the group, or maybe convince them to open a ghost kitchen to get by in the meantime? MCO is heavily reliant on Disney and Universal and neither of them is chomping at the bit to reopen. There has to be something to bridge the gap.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I can't remember if it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but what is open at MCO?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Plastik posted:

Can you work at one of the other restaurants in the group, or maybe convince them to open a ghost kitchen to get by in the meantime? MCO is heavily reliant on Disney and Universal and neither of them is chomping at the bit to reopen. There has to be something to bridge the gap.

The other restaurants are either in Disney Springs, other airports in other cities, or one in Winter Park that is running skeleton crew for takeout. There is nothing to bridge the gap, we just have to wait until the inevitable final shut down.

I will likely be changing careers after this.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I can't remember if it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but what is open at MCO?

Nothing

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

The other restaurants are either in Disney Springs, other airports in other cities, or one in Winter Park that is running skeleton crew for takeout. There is nothing to bridge the gap, we just have to wait until the inevitable final shut down.

I will likely be changing careers after this.

Nothing

Sorry man, this thread is a whiplash from it launching back in December. Sorry everything fell apart and it was 100% out of your hands. If you do switch careers you sound like you would be a great manager even outside a restaurant.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011
ABS THUNDERSKULL.

element: thunderbolts.

steed: a thunderbolt.

slogan/motto: "gonna clap them cheeks like a Thunderskull."

yeah pretty sure the only industries that burn out good managers faster than food service involve phrases like "neo-natal" and "intensive care unit."

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

yeah pretty sure the only industries that burn out good managers faster than food service involve phrases like "neo-natal" and "intensive care unit."

It isn't burn out, I WANT to keep doing it. I just may not have a choice.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

MAMAMOO STAN

Dinosaur Gum

Both. The whole process of getting into an airport is a bidding war. Essentially, rent is rent, and then you compete with other companies with your concept, business plan, and most importantly, the cut you give the airport. So we pay a rent and also give a cut to the airport.

So yeah, we sort of decide what we pay, by bidding a certain amount to get the spot in the first place.

I read that you were located near an economy airline. How was it decided that you would occupy that space? Can you move to another space in the airport once the contract is up? Do you wish you were located in a different space in the airport?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

TV Zombie posted:

I read that you were located near an economy airline. How was it decided that you would occupy that space? Can you move to another space in the airport once the contract is up? Do you wish you were located in a different space in the airport?

That's the spot that was open. We aren't moving anywhere, we would expand. In fact, before the virus happened (and presumably after it's over unless it all goes tits up) we were building out a bunch of new concepts in a brand new terminal being built for international travel. Couple new restaurants and smaller bars and markets, very cool stuff. I am (was?) in line to take over as Director of Culinary Operations for all of our airport properties, basically managing a team of chefs and restaurants.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

I've followed your thread and just want to say I wish you the best. Hopefully things recover quickly and if you can manage an 80 employee restaurant you can manage pretty much anywhere.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

"automotive sales"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Shooting Blanks posted:

"automotive sales"

They said good managers.

«11 »