Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I imagine it has a lot to do with the fact that the US is a hypercapitalist nightmare state, and airport concessions companies will do everything they can to abuse and exploit what they view as a completely captive audience. The winds are changing though, slow as it may be.

Don't forget the part you mentioned earlier about how experienced people have no interest in jumping through a bunch of hoops for a job when they can find one that doesn't require all of that. And then the wages suck on top of that (your joint excepted).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Thanks. People can easily figure out what restaurant we're talking about, but plausible deniability etc.

Definitely found the current menu (updated today lol) and holy poo poo I'm definitely coming to eat the next time I head to Orlando to visit theme parks!

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

I hope this isn't too far afield but what is that pond-looking thing in the OP? Does that airport have a golf course or something?

It's Florida, the entire state is basically four inches of pavement on two feet of fill floating on the gulf of mexico. Water management isn't optional.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
What is typically the slowest day of the week for you? Does it change seasonally?

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Yeah, someone manages to wander onto a runway about once a year here in CLT despite the twelve foot tall electrified security fences topped with razor wire.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
What the gently caress is Hot Grape? Is it literally Grape Nuts prepared like oatmeal or something?

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Basically every major airline does regular drug screens (urinalysis) which can also detect alcohol metabolites for up to three days.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

MarcusSA posted:

This is a fuckin $10 “grilled cheese” at LAX.

this isnt the fyre festival thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Also tickets to Orlando are ridiculously cheap anytime it's off peak and lol this is definitely off peak with all of the entertainment closed.

Last time I visited round trip + shuttle to the hotel was 20% cheaper than driving and I was home to hotel room in like four hours tops. One of the benefits of living near a major hub.