Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Are there any annoying security rules regarding knives and such?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

lol

If you look at the pic above of the kitchen, you'll notice what looks like a cable looping down off a station. That is a loving metal wire that is bolted to the chef knife on that station. All of our knives have to be locked down on tethers, and we keep a daily log for them. Local security comes through at random about once a week to check the log and be sure we aren't missing any. It is such a nightmare.

Oh wow I assumed you had to keep a log or something but that's worse than I expected.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Are there any unexpected perks to having an airport location?

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Thomamelas posted:

With the CDs it was much more likely that the prison guards were just being assholes. Prisons tend to ban things on a whim and often just to demonstrate they can.

Oh yeah, there was a prison that banned computer programming books so prisoners couldn't better their lives and stay out of jail learn how to hack into the prison's computer network. I'm not kidding.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xwnkj3/prisons-are-banning-books-that-teach-prisoners-how-to-code

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
I've followed your thread and just want to say I wish you the best. Hopefully things recover quickly and if you can manage an 80 employee restaurant you can manage pretty much anywhere.