Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
I walked by your restaurant a week and a half ago on my honeymoon, and I'm sorely disappointed we didn't stop and grab a bite to eat.

I worked in a smaller airport up north for a few months in 2010, and folks don't realize how much of a nightmare the security behind the scenes is as well.

How hard would it be to order something off your menu for someone with a severe milk (casein) allergy?
For that matter, how hard is it to accomodate special orders given the sharp time constraints most of your customers are under?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

They don't have to go through the same line, they have a "known crewmember" area they get a fast track through. Similar to how airport staff have an employee access area, with much more limited screening (metal detector, xray for personal items).

So we had to scan this one (co?)pilot's bag through the XRay and it tested positive for fuckifiknow, so the lead officer opened the bag up. The crew scanner is a little removed from the rest of the public scanner in this checkpoints, so this guy's whole flight crew is waiting impatiently behind him while we check his bag. I don't know if the lead officer was deliberately being an rear end in a top hat (likely) or the (co?)pilot was playing a joke, but the bag contained a pile of black rubber sex toys of various varieties, not even a drat toothbrush to go with.
My scanner crew were humiliated for opening this thing, the rest of the flight crew are staring daggers at their coworker, and the lead officer is quietly being a loving homophobe to this complete stranger whose bag he has just decided to invade.

TSA is an awful organization, and I'm so glad to have not stayed there for long. Assholes still ended up losing all my hiring documentation to the OPM breach five years later, they couldn't even keep that safe.

Did get to learn that Southwest Airlines hired only inhumanly polite, cheerful robots who fear no ill weather or lack of sleep, so that was nice. They were a nice change of pace from the harassed public and the angry flight crews at 4am.