Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
have you ever considered offering Hot Grape?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Coasterphreak posted:

What the gently caress is Hot Grape? Is it literally Grape Nuts prepared like oatmeal or something?

okay you know grape? grape. like on the vine? cook grape. roast grape in the oven, on bire. then you have hot grape.

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
so what's it like working through the beginning of World War Z?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Probably the proteins, brisket and such. It's going to be free for all really. There is a LOT of food. Whatever doesn't get taken I'm going to see if the local food bank will take, but it's all perishable stuff so probably not.

is there a Food Not Bombs group near you? There's probably some kind of ad-hoc mutual aid group forming in your region.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

There is, I used to work with them, great idea.

one of my other food service friends has been selling people bulk premade meals. if you or they have a lead on an open commercial kitchen, that might help keep you afloat for a while :-/

this really blows dogg. do you at least get to keep access to your restaurant supply depot card?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Yup, there are cases all across the country. I think NYC is pursuing charges against someone who just licked a subway pole? but basically every time someone does this in a grocery store they get slapped with a felony, companies are not playing around.

PS much love & resilience to you SA. when this is all over let's you and i share hot grape recipes.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Sandwich, apologies if this is a sore subject, but if you could design a Fantasy Menu with no restrictions on price or feasibility, what's the wildest stuff you'd serve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
yeah pretty sure the only industries that burn out good managers faster than food service involve phrases like "neo-natal" and "intensive care unit."