Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Do it ironically posted:

Kentucky seems like one of those places that has high poverty, low wages, and bad educational rankings

You would be correct. Kentucky is ranked 46th in education. And they've been anti-union for decades so you can bet your rear end the wages are poo poo. Retirement pensions? Lmao what are those?

But they get to holster their guns at the Piggly Wiggly so it's all worth it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

You would be correct. Kentucky is ranked 46th in education. And they've been anti-union for decades so you can bet your rear end the wages are poo poo. Retirement pensions? Lmao what are those?

I moved here from oregon a few years back and...yep, feels like home*.

*anywhere in oregon more than 10 minutes drive from the I5 corridor.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

:killing:

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i hate this state and having lived here so much

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

We were 49th in 1990 when I was in high school. Does Kroger still have a union? I do remember in the late 80s or so they got sick of the local butcher's union and just removed the departments all together in each of the stores. When the unions was demonstrate outside of places like Winn Dixie, management would fire you on the spot if you so much as gave them the time of day.

Fisher's in Louisville went on strike in early 90s and they ended up hiring "scab" labor for 2 dollars less an hour.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
the waddle is the tastiest cut of meat. that's a blue ribbon long pig right there.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

zaepg posted:

Important states = y
Not important = n

43. Texas y cowboys. No to western texas

Look, u have to take all of Texas you can't have part of it. Also, cowboys or The Cowboys or "Da Boys" if ur feeling nostalgic

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

kentucky is cool and good and I have a lot of good memories there with my boyfriend who is now dead, so thanks

Falafel House on bardstown is super delicious, go eat there. as is the Frankfort Ave Beer Depot. we found a fun bar full of real nice fellow Packers fan to watch a game at in St. Matthews. The bourbon trail stuff is fun and we liked Barton's the best but we didn't go to many.

also Ali is cool too he has a good museum.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

TheWeepingHorse posted:

My dad grew up in Paducah, he was nice

home to a groundwater contaminating uranium enrichment facility and the National Quilt Museum

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Haverchuck posted:

home to a groundwater contaminating uranium enrichment facility and the National Quilt Museum

The uranium enrichment facility closed actually and everyone there was really upset about that

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Frankfort Ave Beer Depot.

When did you go there last? We tired a few over the last 3 or 4 years and it really went down hill. The last time we were there, the chicken was ice cold in the middle.

I kinda prefer when it was a really lovely dive bar with good BBQ and Falls City on tap.

Last time I was in Louisville, Bootleg BBQ out in Fern Creek was building a big restaurant next to their little tin shack. I'm wondering if the food has suffered any.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Bonzo posted:

When did you go there last? We tired a few over the last 3 or 4 years and it really went down hill. The last time we were there, the chicken was ice cold in the middle.

I kinda prefer when it was a really lovely dive bar with good BBQ and Falls City on tap.

Last time I was in Louisville, Bootleg BBQ out in Fern Creek was building a big restaurant next to their little tin shack. I'm wondering if the food has suffered any.

It was a couple years ago, and we were only there once, so ymmv. I enjoyed the salmon a lot and I think he had the brisket? and liked it. It helped that we were sitting in the bar area for a game and having a good time, perhaps.

edit: We also went to the Spring Street Bar & Grill late one night. Fun dive bar, good patty melts.

Crusty Nutsack fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
You know why small towns in Kentucky never get any bigger..?

Because every time a baby is born one adult male leaves the town as is his rite of passage