Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Post here when you want to say AEW is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
AEW lives

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Sorry to report... jungle boy jack Perry killed AEW

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

aew is dead

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

And it's all because of John Silver

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUDun4_sLiM

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Lamuella posted:

do these things still exist? I swear to God they all vanished after 9/11

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rip:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

thanks AEW you made me feel alive for a minute.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

WHERE will I buy my t-shirts now?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i cant beleive aew is dead

*aew has another show*

Ah, well Nonetheless

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AEW died and its all YOUR fault. you didn't TRY hard enough. you didnt BELIEVE enough. you didn't buy enough tshirts. you loving sluckeye lobsters.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

AEW LIVES AEW WILL NEVER DIE I AM AEW YOU ARE AEW

join the dark order

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

rip in peace aew, died of not being new japan and not pushing your owners or something

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
we should sacrifice the other aew threads so this one may have everlasting undeath

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
AEW will only for when society collapses due to global warming, so like 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ha, you fools. AEW was never even alive!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

remember when AEW did that awesome Cody/Inner Circle dippin dots segment and then never did anything like that again

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The IWC claims another victim.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Whats dead may never die

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lamuella posted:

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Glad to have my feeling that "something seems slightly off" be 100% confirmed forever. RIP sweet prince.

Dlowmx
Feb 5, 2007
Eh
Cornette was right. AEW is not attracting non fans with their product. He calls current fans fickle and following fads and who will leave it when the next big thing comes. AEW’s rating’s vulnerability when there’s another big event going on reflect this.

Also SCU is way too old to be on top and are boring as gently caress despite being good workers. And Scorpio Sky has zero charisma despite being very talented.

Luchasaurus is burying himself and anyone he fights with his lovely looking strikes. Listen to interviews of any former WWE big men. They all talk about being told by other established big men that less is more and doing acrobatic poo poo ultimately buries their size advantage.

The women’s division poor quality has been harped on enough. It’s not their fault that WWE’s women division is talented AF and have lots of time at the PC to smooth out their style. Something AEW sorely lacks imo.

Brandi is a black hole of charisma and so is her current angle and booking is terrible. This past Wednesday is solid proof. If Statdlander would’ve just blocked her strike and knocked her out the pop would’ve been loud and Kong and the other girl could’ve jumped her to retain their heat without burying Kris and not letting this crappy angle make her look stupid before she could even take off.

They need more top heels aside from Jericho. The Dark Order stuff is cool but they should’ve put more time into their look. You can’t have an average viewer take the creepers or Uno seriously when they look like a cheaper version of putty’s from power rangers.

A lot of this stuff is growing pains and i guess a lot of people were expecting perfection from the get go. I guess it’s hard to put on a weekly wrestling show that tries to cater to everyone.

I hope they figure it out and are able to catch lightning in a bottle and start a pro wrestling pop culture resurgence. They fact that they don’t really have a structure or playbook in place gives them the best shot at it.

They really just need more vets that aren’t afraid to call out bad ideas.

I’m excited to see where a lot of the long term story telling goes though.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

aew is goth as gently caress and should become even more so

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the ghost promotion

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okada just needs to take the Bucks out for an Okada cruise and things will be okay

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Glad to hear AEW is alive and well :)

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Dlowmx posted:

The women’s division poor quality has been harped on enough. It’s not their fault that WWE’s women division is talented AF and have lots of time at the PC to smooth out their style. Something AEW sorely lacks imo.

this probably wasnt supposed to be a joke but I laughed out loud

anyway the real death of aew is when moxley loses to Jericho at revolution.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

More like a lot of time at the PC to wear down their knees

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Procrastinator posted:

this probably wasnt supposed to be a joke but I laughed out loud

anyway the real death of aew is when moxley loses to Jericho at revolution.

Hager with the interference via cattle prod?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

The dead speak!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Didn't have enough cuck angles to survive with the Big Dog (not Roman).

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Dlowmx posted:

Cornette was right.

Stopped reading your effortpost here sorry

Anyway RIP AEW

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AEW is stronger now more than ever.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

Stopped reading your effortpost here sorry

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dlowmx posted:

Cornette was right. AEW is not attracting non fans with their product. He calls current fans fickle and following fads and who will leave it when the next big thing comes. AEW’s rating’s vulnerability when there’s another big event going on reflect this.

Also SCU is way too old to be on top and are boring as gently caress despite being good workers. And Scorpio Sky has zero charisma despite being very talented.

Luchasaurus is burying himself and anyone he fights with his lovely looking strikes. Listen to interviews of any former WWE big men. They all talk about being told by other established big men that less is more and doing acrobatic poo poo ultimately buries their size advantage.

Brandi is a black hole of charisma and so is her current angle and booking is terrible. This past Wednesday is solid proof. If Statdlander would’ve just blocked her strike and knocked her out the pop would’ve been loud and Kong and the other girl could’ve jumped her to retain their heat without burying Kris and not letting this crappy angle make her look stupid before she could even take off.

They need more top heels aside from Jericho. The Dark Order stuff is cool but they should’ve put more time into their look. You can’t have an average viewer take the creepers or Uno seriously when they look like a cheaper version of putty’s from power rangers.

A lot of this stuff is growing pains and i guess a lot of people were expecting perfection from the get go. I guess it’s hard to put on a weekly wrestling show that tries to cater to everyone.

I hope they figure it out and are able to catch lightning in a bottle and start a pro wrestling pop culture resurgence. They fact that they don’t really have a structure or playbook in place gives them the best shot at it.

They really just need more vets that aren’t afraid to call out bad ideas.

I’m excited to see where a lot of the long term story telling goes though.

couldn't find this on google except for here

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Russo was right. AEW is not attracting non fans with their product. They need to book "shocking" angles from the 90's as well as dumb bullshit that doesn't make any sense. RIP AEW until they hire Russo and Ed Ferrara.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

ThePariah posted:

Russo was right. AEW is not attracting non fans with their product. They need to book "shocking" angles from the 90's as well as dumb bullshit that doesn't make any sense. RIP AEW until they hire Russo and Ed Ferrara.

nightmare collective

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I will say that it's a little disappointing that the brand new company that was supposed to avoid over-wacky characters, long-reigning heel champions, 15 minute promo segments & CORPORATE DRAMA~! has given us all of them in their first year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Even ROH people are bullying over the punches botch

https://twitter.com/lastrealmanROH/status/1208399321009393667