Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
.... unless it's done by studio Orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Is Dr Stone getting another set of cours at some point, or is the anime wrapping up on the current arc?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They confirmed a second season but not when.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Kwyndig posted:

They confirmed a second season but not when.

Yeah it's stupid popular it'll come back, god knows when though, it seems tons of shows lately have a great first season then drag for years for a disappointing second season.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
OH poo poo I HAD NO IDEA A SOMALI AND THE FOREST SPIRIT ANIME WAS COMING OUT! gently caress yeah! I really, really hope it's a good adaptation, the series, what's been translated at least, is one of my favorite fantasy series. It deserves a siren, imo. I just hope they don't drop the ball on the animation, the preview looks decent enough but the series does some stuff that they might try to skimp on with cgi or something which would be bad.

It's a good and rather depressing story about a forest golem dad and abandoned human child he has adopted in a world where humanity is largely extinct and if humans are found, are usually killed or eaten by the monsterfolk who live in the world now. The setting has some really solid magical fantasy design and not in the typical western style way really. Also the monsterfolk designs are neat.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Captain Invictus posted:

OH poo poo I HAD NO IDEA A SOMALI AND THE FOREST SPIRIT ANIME WAS COMING OUT! gently caress yeah! I really, really hope it's a good adaptation, the series, what's been translated at least, is one of my favorite fantasy series. It deserves a siren, imo.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one too. I even went looking to see how good the music might be. This kind of chill, world exploring anime tends to rest on the strength of the soundtrack. The musician they've got, Ryo Yoshimata, doesn't have a lot of anime credits. Then I found some of the music he's done, and it sounds just right for Somali.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H92h2XRk-LQ&t=1630s

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Just finished Average anime out of spite and wanting to see how much more the show hated the source and yeah, what a piss poor adaptation

Mile deserved better

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

im excited for railgun

:same: but also i'm wondering how they're gonna cram 5 fripside songs into a 24 minute episode.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

DOROHEDORO
*click*

Alfredo Jones
Jun 5, 2011

Pretty please with sugar on top?
Speaking personally I'm hoping that Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen is good. I read the manga and while it's not the best thing ever it is interesting how it incorporates real animal facts into its characters, kind of like Kemono Friends.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

or killing bites...

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Watching Shield Heroine. After Average Isekai, nothing else can be as disappointing anymore.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Eeepies posted:

Watching Shield Heroine. After Average Isekai, nothing else can be as disappointing anymore.

That started already?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

That started already?

My bad, meant going to watch not watching.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
oh, yeah, no that makes sense, i was not awake enough to be Posting yet

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ok this time i actually found an anime not in the op, and a terrible one too

For the most part, Wisdaregidor is your typical fantasy world: monsters wreaking havoc, taverns packed with gung-ho adventurers, and a demon overlord looking to rule it all. But Wisdaregidor has one thing you'll never find in Middle-earth: the Internet! Zane and Kuku are two adventurers trying to build a fanbase. The pair will do whatever it takes to get more subscribers for their streamed videos, even if it means taking on the demon lord himself!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Why would the OP have an anime from 2003 in it? :v:

(For real though I'll add it in later after work)

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm pretty sure you can also add Ascendance of a Bookworm to the leftovers list, it sure as hell didn't end on episode 14. (It's still only getting better, despite the massive amounts of material being glossed over.)

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

nielsm posted:

I'm pretty sure you can also add Ascendance of a Bookworm to the leftovers list, it sure as hell didn't end on episode 14. (It's still only getting better, despite the massive amounts of material being glossed over.)

It continues in April.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Tamba posted:

It continues in April.

ええええ??
They didn't say anything about that.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

nielsm posted:

ええええ??
They didn't say anything about that.

https://twitter.com/anime_booklove/status/1202784776945487873
e: There will be an OVA episode in March as well:
http://booklove-anime.jp/news/258

Tamba fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 26, 2019

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
There's an ACCA OVA? Not something I ever expected to see. What a pleasant surprise!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I watched Babylon based on a recommendation and it was one of the worst things I've ever seen - like utterly nonsensical with a weird misogynistic undercurrent to boot. I came off of it looking for some funny takedowns or post-mortems about how it was so hosed but...it seems to have near universal acclaim? My tastes tend to be pretty relaxed so I'm not used to being the only guy in the room saying something sucks? Am I actually, literally alone in this? Or is it a case of most people recommending it for its first couple episodes and not really following up when it goes flying off the rails?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Deified Data posted:

I watched Babylon based on a recommendation and it was one of the worst things I've ever seen - like utterly nonsensical with a weird misogynistic undercurrent to boot. I came off of it looking for some funny takedowns or post-mortems about how it was so hosed but...it seems to have near universal acclaim? My tastes tend to be pretty relaxed so I'm not used to being the only guy in the room saying something sucks? Am I actually, literally alone in this? Or is it a case of most people recommending it for its first couple episodes and not really following up when it goes flying off the rails?

I mean, any show called Babylon that starts talking about the essential nature of the relationship between men and women should have alarm bells blaring like there's no tomorrow. Especially when it's written by the guy who did Kado.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Which is the shield heroine one?

Also, the made in abyss movie coming out in January is a continuation of the series, not the ovas, so that's awesome.

Interesting that Madoka is getting a sequel/spinoff. The twist of the series is gonna be hard to change up.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

kayakyakr posted:

Which is the shield heroine one?

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Deified Data posted:

ANN did one of their chat reviews on it and had basically the same reaction

personally i know the author is full of self important bullshit and in that context the show is just dumb fun that i love to watch, especially now that magase is getting to chew the scenery again. also it's pretty nice to look at

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
will an anime i like come out this season

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

DisDisDis posted:

Only if you are interested in Dorohedoro-otherwise I think you are out of luck.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

saezuru movie

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

extremely sold on the trailer, glad i asked

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The first four anime in this alphabetical list are idol adjacent, how is the idolwatch gonna cope

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
By watching idols, probably

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You don't understand paragon, that's not how it works. Wallets will not survive the oncoming onslaught.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/1210583697524551680

Granblue special episode confirmed for best Granblue episode

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1210795099581403136

oh no

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this is probably another one of those 'jp exec who doesn't know english insists on translating the title' things

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

what if a person playing a video game did a thing a person playing a video game might not normally do

funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy joke

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

what if a person playing a video game did a thing a person playing a video game might not normally do

funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy joke
I mean, the manga/novel itself seems like a pretty laidback MMO slice of life thing with some fighting and some comedy. LN titles are just like that to try and hook people in, it doesn't necessarily mean the actual work acts like the premise is the wackiest thing ever or even is entirely obsessed with the premise given in the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/xythar/status/1210839285923889152?s=21