Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Navy: "Sometimes people see something and don't know what it is."
Goons: "OMFG Navy confirms aliens!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

and in the article the guy is like "dont confuse me with little green men believers. a ufo just means i dont know what it is -- someone with more clearance does"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gayliens

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Its probably just like unmanned drones built to whitstand crazy g forces operated by militaries or some poo poo.

If its actually aliens idgaf unless they come down here and start shooting people with ray guns that turn them inside out.

If they just shoot at rich people Ima cheer my loving head off because thats when you know theyre benevolent.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

Navy: "Sometimes people see something and don't know what it is."
Goons: "OMFG Navy confirms aliens!"

Well they did literally come out later and say "We didn't want this released for various reasons".
Even if it's not Aliens from URAnus it's kinda interesting and no reason to be a complete sad-sack about it.

It's just as eye rolling to be "WOW ALIENS FROM THE MOON" as it is to be "Un-explainable poo poo the Navy didn't want people to see? Pfft gently caress off."

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 21, 2019

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

LabyaMynora posted:

Like, aliens are just watching us baffled by... everything. The way we make up stories. The way we lie and deceive one another. They're just looking down and whether it's Harry Potter, Star Wars, or religion and politics they're just like, "Why are they saying that? Why are they doing that? That isn't real, I don't understand why they put so much time and effort into these things that are false."

Blindsight was cool about that idea, like how archeologists try to put together how past people lived by sorting through ancient trash. there are space nerds trying unscramble our signals and constructing an image of humanity through the lens of Baywatch and The Price is Right

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

Well they did literally come out later and say "We didn't want this released for various reasons".
Even if it's not Aliens from URAnus it's kinda interesting and no reason to be a complete sad-sack about it.

It's just as eye rolling to be "WOW ALIENS FROM THE MOON" as it is to be "Un-explainable poo poo the Navy didn't want people to see? Pfft gently caress off."

every navy in the world is testing railguns and hypersonic poo poo right now

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GolfHole posted:

every navy in the world is testing railguns and hypersonic poo poo right now

Chad's Navy is?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I have been playing Xenonauts all morning and all I can say is that if aliens are here we are hosed, even on easy mode. gently caress this game.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I mean gently caress yea on them if so but...I doubt it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

OMFG FURRY posted:

Blindsight was cool about that idea, like how archeologists try to put together how past people lived by sorting through ancient trash. there are space nerds trying unscramble our signals and constructing an image of humanity through the lens of Baywatch and The Price is Right

Baywatch and Price is Right wouldn't give the most inaccurate synopsis of us. Imagine if instead they got Inception and The Cell.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Big Beef City posted:

I can think of two good reason why they didn't want people to know about them. 1: this thread. Goons are already sure little green men are real from this bit of info. 2: they were afraid it was tech from other countries and didn't want to let the extent of their knowledge be known to foreign enemies. Neither mean your rear end will get probed.

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
We are all living in a computer simulated reality so any anomalies are just parts of the programming

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pickwick High posted:

We are all living in a computer simulated reality so any anomalies are just parts of the programming

I wish, but if this were true, then why diarrhea? Why hemorrhoids? Why anal fissures? Why butts at all?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
according to how i play Sims 3, there simply aren't enough ways i can make them miserable, so im going with that as the reason

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The classic question from aliens to humans:

"Why are your genitals so close to your anus?"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

screamin and creamin posted:

Can confirm that OP’s mom is real.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The aliens...are probing from inside the thread :buttfame:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

LabyaMynora posted:

"Why are your genitals so close to your anus?"

Feature, not a bug.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

Literally every single alien butt probing is just hazing from local proctology college students though, trust me on this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Unidentified flying objects are real :chanpop:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Years ago there was a thread where a goon pretended to be an alien from a planet where it rains rocks and he was here on Earth as a (tourist?) disguised as a human and he invited goons to meet him in a pub in England iirc. Had p. good answers to the intense questioning he was subjected to. A few people said poo poo, maybe an alien really did spend tenbux.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Is he still wearing the spock ears in the mugshot? Redhanded as gently caress

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Icochet posted:

Is he still wearing the spock ears in the mugshot? Redhanded as gently caress

I regret to inform you it's fake. World News Daily.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Animal-Mother posted:

Years ago there was a thread where a goon pretended to be an alien from a planet where it rains rocks and he was here on Earth as a (tourist?) disguised as a human and he invited goons to meet him in a pub in England iirc. Had p. good answers to the intense questioning he was subjected to. A few people said poo poo, maybe an alien really did spend tenbux.

A real-life K-PAX

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

EARS

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

UFO does not equal alien dumbass.

The hubris of mankind will reach the sun.

Didn't someone write something about that once?

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Attn: Humon
This is Torgon-prime, I am good friend from A SUMMER CAMP
I hope you are healthy and your brain is intact.
GIVE US YOUR SALT
Please disregard.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LabyaMynora posted:

I regret to inform you it's fake. World News Daily.

then why the HELL didn't they go with 69??!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I hope it's those aliens with the three boobs

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Is it 3 boobs alligned horizontally or vertically or is there one on the back

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'd pay good money for a taint boob

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Solaris is a good take but also an analogy for dumb rear end Soviet states and now that America won obviously aliens will now be some kind of analogy to whatever.

I hope they have three tits and want to gently caress.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

By far the most shocking part of that clip to me was it contains footage of Trump talking that didn't make me want to punch him in the balls repeatedly.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm afraid that means the psyonic waves are already at work

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
How do I do a FOIA request for sick aerial trick UFO videos from the navy

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Join MUFON duh

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
UFO’s are definitely a thing.

But just because something is an “unidentified flying object” doesn’t mean it’s an alien.

UFO’s =/= Aliens

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Hello coworker I have attached some holiday jokes to this correspondence
Holiday party with inlaw human? I despise this.
How about that boss of ours? Free my brain from him
ATTENTION: We have detected element 399 within your rock moon and we must now explode your rock moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

blatman posted:

Is it 3 boobs alligned horizontally or vertically or is there one on the back

Triangular

Their race has warred for eons between the upwards triangle people and downwards triangle people