Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Big Beef City posted:

honestly I got no idea what these things are (I mean should anyone?), but some kind of un-manned probe thing wouldn't surprise me at all. The things they were doing would kill any normally recognized physical body, as meaningless as that is, due to G-forces and blah blah blah.
Plus they just look lame.

If you told me they were some kind of multi-vector thrust probe drone things or whatever I'd just say "sure". That'd be just or almost as cool as some unknown cloud spaceship, barring contact of some kind. I dunno.

So, as a lot of GBS people know I have an extensive knowledge of aircraft, and extensive experience flying, as well as a lot of friends in the same position and also with large amounts of flying experience. Now, I know there are things we don't know about, and brand new tech that is probably far beyond what we think exists, but aircraft still have to obey the laws of physics. Even planes with vectored thrust and super maneuverability still obey those laws and seeing them fly is strange but it never makes me think "this is not real". When those videos came out, I asked all my friends what they thought of them and we all came to the same conclusion... "I don't know what that thing is... but it moves unlike any aircraft I have ever seen or flown and it is actually spooky to watch because whatever that object is, it is clearly doing things no known aircraft is capable of doing."

The first I saw it my jaw dropped and it actually kind of scared me because it's like, I've always wanted to see a video that is like maybe not unequivocally proof of it, but something that I personally would be like, "That is very convincing to me" since most video or radar tracks are pretty easily explained. And then I saw this video, and I was just like... "Oh, so that's what it feels like to see this video.... I'm not sure I actually like this. The video I'm watching here is scary as hell, jesus."

Aliens real. Also I think it's poetic that our UFO confirmation comes from F/A-18 Hornet pilots since that was the jet the humans used to fight the aliens in ID4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
I've been looking at a lot of crop circles at
http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2019/rumours2019.html

Based off other sources, I honestly believe crop circles are a way, souls/aliens/beings from a future point in time are using to mark different cycles of the universe to inform other extraterrestrials of. IT's sad this gets covered up and dismissed because of human tendency to get assume if the science is not 100%. But if nothing else, I do honestly, believe a non-earth based lifeform is creating crop circles for whatever reason.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

UFOs piss me off if I see em I gently caress em up no hesitation no exceptions

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

zaepg posted:

Based off other sources, I honestly believe crop circles are a way, souls/aliens/beings from a future point in time are using to mark different cycles of the universe to inform other extraterrestrials of. IT's sad this gets covered up and dismissed because of human tendency to get assume if the science is not 100%. But if nothing else, I do honestly, believe a non-earth based lifeform is creating crop circles for whatever reason.

Most of these are fake. The only crop circles aliens have ever made are the ones in the shape of a cock and balls.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

Most of these are fake. The only crop circles aliens have ever made are the ones in the shape of a cock and balls.

Eagerly awaiting your sources to debunk.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

zaepg posted:

Like, weren't those debunked a long time ago?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
My source is the many cock-shaped crop circles that no earthly force could have created. Any liquored up hillbilly with a board and some string can create circle, even tiny babies can make circles.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

My source is the many cock-shaped crop circles that no earthly force could have created. Any liquored up hillbilly with a board and some string can create circle, even tiny babies can make circles.

Very cool! Thank you.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
q=!e

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
There's quite a few human created, but a lot that are unexplained based off radiation given off at the site // and the intricacy of the weaving between the individual strands of hay.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

zaepg posted:

There's quite a few human created, but a lot that are unexplained based off radiation given off at the site // and the intricacy of the weaving between the individual strands of hay.

lol I have never heard of radioactive crop circles dude

It's three guys with rope, 2x4's, and a lot of time and booze on their hands.

edit: lmao that loving website man... jfc

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Julius CSAR posted:

lol I have never heard of radioactive crop circles dude

It's three guys with rope, 2x4's, and a lot of time and booze on their hands.

edit: lmao that loving website man... jfc

Hell yeah bro.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

zaepg posted:

Humans have never in history made anything intricate, had to be aliens.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i saw a crap circle in the bowl this morning

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

Humans have never in history made anything intricate, had to be aliens.

Cool. Nice. Thanks for debunking this.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What's there to debunk? That some dudes said their PKE meters found evidence of ghost-aliens?

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
paging occam's razor

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Julius CSAR posted:

aircraft still have to obey the laws of physics.

This is what breaks it for me. EVERYTHING has to obey the laws of physics, even if it's from a different planet. With our current understanding of physics, the simplest solution seems to me that it's bullshit, and more likely someone wants people to obsess over this rather than something else (lol no reason for that in 2019). If I'm wrong, so what? We got what, a handful of decades left, tops? What difference does it make? Are they gonna save us? I wish they'd hurry it up so I can know for sure if it's worth paying off these loans and saving for retirement.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

zaepg posted:

I miss the old internet. I don't look forward to the future internet. I wish it was the summer of 1997 again.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Who What Now posted:

What's there to debunk? That some dudes said their PKE meters found evidence of ghost-aliens?

Thats what I've been saying.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Animal-Mother posted:

I miss the old internet. I don't look forward to the future internet. I wish it was the summer of 1997 again.

If nothing more the patterns are beautiful and created with such detail and size, and consistancy every month

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Why, numberoneposter?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I believe that our observable universe and beyond is just the empty space between quarks. Existence scales endlessly. We are everything and nothing. Aliens probably don't give a gently caress about us.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i don't know if that's true but i'd sooner believe that aliens ascend to higher planes of reality than that they send spaceships untold light-years to buzz some fighter pilots

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I think the US military is probably lying and using video footage that is A: very easily faked and 2: very hard to prove is faked.

I couldn't say what the exact reason for this lie is but it sure as poo poo a billion more likely than the other option.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Nastyman posted:

This is what breaks it for me. EVERYTHING has to obey the laws of physics, even if it's from a different planet. With our current understanding of physics, the simplest solution seems to me that it's bullshit, and more likely someone wants people to obsess over this rather than something else (lol no reason for that in 2019).

If it’s bullshit, it’s incredibly well-organized bullshit compared to the usual constant leaks.

Unknown technologies don’t need to behave the same way as jet propelled aircraft. Maybe it can shove off of the Earth’s magnetic poles or something crazy that lets it stop on a dime and move like that.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I think the US military is probably lying and using video footage that is A: very easily faked and 2: very hard to prove is faked.

I couldn't say what the exact reason for this lie is but it sure as poo poo a billion more likely than the other option.

must be a lie created by [insert govt organization here] they are always trying to fool us with intricate fakery and im sick of it

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Yes you see, it's all a secret plot. A conspiracy that controls all of society. Society is absolutely not a chaotic superorganism that inherently is uncontrollable. Let me tell you all about MK ULTRA. It all started when a few CIA officers started regularly taking a massive amount of hallucinogens.....

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
sounds like a good topic for joe "it's entirely possible" rogan who has, in the past, jokingly described his podcast as being "all about wrong answers"

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

teardrop posted:

If it’s bullshit, it’s incredibly well-organized bullshit compared to the usual constant leaks.

Unknown technologies don’t need to behave the same way as jet propelled aircraft. Maybe it can shove off of the Earth’s magnetic poles or something crazy that lets it stop on a dime and move like that.

Sure, but unknown technology or "something crazy" is not the simplest solution.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Relayer posted:

sounds like a good topic for joe "it's entirely possible" rogan

I watched most of this one with Bob Lazar, supposed former Area 51 scientist who worked with alien spacecraft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEWz4SXfyCQ&t=6225s

If he's lying, then he's a great con-man. Didn't hear anything too suspicious and he goes into a lot of detail.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Pontificating rear end posted:

I watched most of this one with Bob Lazar, supposed former Area 51 scientist who worked with alien spacecraft

If he's lying, then he's a great con-man. Didn't hear anything too suspicious and he goes into a lot of detail.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

zaepg posted:

souls/aliens/beings from a future point in time

People gave you a lot of poo poo, but, imo, you deserve a whole lot of credit for even considering the possibility that aliens aren't the single, solitary and all but confirmed explanation for "there's some evidence that sometimes, there are things, and we don't really know what they are".

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

teardrop posted:

The ufos we see "breaking" the laws of physics are just moving around in four dimensions which appears impossible to our puny linear-time calibrated brains

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Kazak posted:

The ufos we see "breaking" the laws of physics are just moving around in four dimensions which appears impossible to our puny linear-time calibrated brains

hell yeah now we're talkin

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Pontificating rear end posted:

I think he claims to have a degree from MIT and maybe somewhere else but MIT says they have no record of him so that's enough to raise some eyebrows even before the "I worked on alien spaceships" stuff.

I don't think aliens are visiting Earth because I don't see how they could get here but I'm more open to the idea that there are interactions with other dimensions or universes or whatever that cause anomalies here on Earth. It's fun to read about anyway.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

I've known UFOs are real since the Phoenix Lights you idiots. Flares my big dumb rear end in a top hat, pal.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I can't believe it's almost 2020 and someone seriously defended the idea that aliens make crop circles. It's done with ropes, boards, and posts. It's not difficult. I saw a video of guys making an intricate one in no time. It's basically fancy graffiti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Actually I'm going to describe the Bob Lazar interview for the lazy goons

He worked at Area 51 during its heyday and saw 6 or so spaceships in one area, with 3 on either side, in hangers. They were distinctly different; Bob said the only whispers of where it came from were 'an archealogical dig' or the Zeta Reticuli system, but said they might spread disinformation this way. He went inside one, where it was mostly one-color, only smooth edges, and smaller than human size (cramped) with no wires. The only spaces were in the cockpit and a small area under the cockpit where THE REACTOR came from; he had to hang upside-down to look inside.

His assigned project was to work on THE REACTOR which was simply a sphere that would emit energy to power the spacecraft (I don't think they could turn it on). They were to try to figure out how it works without opening it because of the hard material, or because he believed they had tried to cut one open and there was a horrible explosion. He took his friends to see the spaceships flying at night because he knew when they would do it, and the military found out and fired him and that's about it.

Near the end of the podcast he does address how the government had his degrees wiped and even his birth certificate was removed from whatever database it exists, or something like that.

He said doesn't like attention (a scientist after all) and sometimes wishes he never came out with the info in the late 80's. He donates any money he makes from the UFO stuff to science programs.