Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Dark Side being written as Generic Evil Jerkoff is really kinda lame given what Darth Revan's actual shtick was, and discussing that is probably spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Thrawn was cool mainly cause he was a pretty good Evil Emperor without being a murderhobo, unlike every other Empire high-up ever

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

According to Bane, Kaan's Brotherhood of Darkness are the Old Sith

Technically

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

If you do play the BG games, low level 2nd ed D&D kinda blows

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Regalingualius posted:

Really, though, it’s kind of a stumper that it took Malak this long to getting around to attacking Dantooine. Revan had the whole thing about leaving the Republic’s infrastructure intact, sure, but to Malak, it probably should have been the very first target for bombardment, if his goal is all-out domination.

Malak is kind of an idiot

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Night10194 posted:

My sense was always Malak was Revan's dumb friend from school that she gave too many chances.

Some of the books/comics get into this, but yeah, Malak aka Alek was Revan's follower from day 1 of the Academy

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

quote:

But you, Revan - the power of the dark side is yours to command! You can use it to destroy Malak! With my help you could rule over the entire galaxy!

Hell yeah I'll rule the galaxy with my equally evil and hot girlfriend/apprentice. I'll even kill Jolee and Junhani, they kinda suck anyway

Killing Mission tho, that's just mean :(

Speaking of NWN, I'm playing through some of the user-created modules right now. Even the better writing/plot/setting can't help how much the combat sucks

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Great LP, thanks for the ride

though I wished the game got into how the Star Forge actually worked. Harnessing force energies to produce starships requires more explanation