Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You guys can have some more money and a thread bump. I'm actually super bummed I can't vote in the primary (missed the deadline to switch from independent), but I'm looking forward to voting for her for Senate!

Can you give me a better idea of what the actual procedure is for phone banking? I watched the video, lurked the C-SPAM thread, and rummaged around the demo link in the initial post, but didn't really get a good feel for the flow. Not sure I'd be good at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Echophonic posted:

You guys can have some more money and a thread bump. I'm actually super bummed I can't vote in the primary (missed the deadline to switch from independent), but I'm looking forward to voting for her for Senate!

Can you give me a better idea of what the actual procedure is for phone banking? I watched the video, lurked the C-SPAM thread, and rummaged around the demo link in the initial post, but didn't really get a good feel for the flow. Not sure I'd be good at it.
Thank you for the donation!

Can you sign up at jessfordelaware.com/volunteer so I have your personal information, and can schedule a training for phonebanking with you with me or one of our field organizers?

Trust me, you'll be good at this. And also, phone banking is legitimately our only pathway to victory so it is absolutely critical that people do it or she will lose.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Alright, I'll give it a shot! I just got an email and a slack invite. Still need me to fill out the form on the site?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Echophonic posted:

Alright, I'll give it a shot! I just got an email and a slack invite. Still need me to fill out the form on the site?

Nah, it's redundant. I figured it out from the voter file and ActBlue. Just a little creepy...

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nichael posted:

Nah, it's redundant. I figured it out from the voter file and ActBlue. Just a little creepy...

:tinfoil:

Ha, figured as much! Looking forward to helping out!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 21, 2020

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Jess's weekly Facebook Q&A is in 30 minutes at 7:30 PM EDT.

https://www.facebook.com/JessforDelaware/

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm on D&D today looking for campaigns to donate to. My in-laws and their adult kids (minus my wife who chewed them out already) are droning on in an unsolicited, reply-all nightmare email chain about THE SOUL OF OUR COUNTRY and the RIOTERS and NURSING HOME JOE and it's loving depressing because they all work in government and claim to be moral people and to keep from crying or exploding I'm just going to ignore it except for every email they send I'm donating $10 to some candidate in New England that they'd hate.

Throwing :10bux: Ms Scarane's way.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mutata posted:

I'm on D&D today looking for campaigns to donate to. My in-laws and their adult kids (minus my wife who chewed them out already) are droning on in an unsolicited, reply-all nightmare email chain about THE SOUL OF OUR COUNTRY and the RIOTERS and NURSING HOME JOE and it's loving depressing because they all work in government and claim to be moral people and to keep from crying or exploding I'm just going to ignore it except for every email they send I'm donating $10 to some candidate in New England that they'd hate.

Throwing :10bux: Ms Scarane's way.

Thank you so much Mutata! Would you be able to phone bank as well? https://www.jessfordelaware.com/volunteer

jTQRFAbVMmvF2EvNZg
Dec 18, 2019
Here's $100 for Jess

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

jTQRFAbVMmvF2EvNZg posted:

Here's $100 for Jess

Hell yeah, thank you so much!

When you donate you get the volunteer ask too.... can you call up Delawareans? https://www.jessfordelaware.com/volunteer

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

lol I already volunteer but i just want the stupid team photo to happen.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Threw $40 to this. Good luck.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
We're doing our weekly all campaign call and someones cat is on camera and just licking itself and its the most calming poo poo ever while we do various updates. I love this campaign

rrradical
Nov 4, 2011
Chipped in $100

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

rrradical posted:

Chipped in $100

gently caress yeah, thank you so much.

You have to know what's coming next, right?

Make 100 calls to Delawareans:
https://www.jessfordelaware.com/volunteer

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lol Young America for Biden on twitter came after Jess and she is shredding them.

They told lies. They hosed around. Now they findin out.

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1282727850643202048

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1282746356357005312

I just keep harassing them to post receipts and people just keep donating to Jess. Because she fuckin rocks.

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

They told lies. They hosed around. Now they findin out.

Biden is the nominee in a landslide, he won Delaware in a landslide, and Coons will win handily (which you know deep down).

Like come on, how exactly is Scarane going to win a state that went hard for Joe Biden? You can’t wish away Delaware’s mainstream Democratic electorate.

And when exactly are we supposed to “find out.” Because all y’all do is lose.

Again and again and again.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Marlows posted:

Biden is the nominee in a landslide, he won Delaware in a landslide, and Coons will win handily (which you know deep down).

Like come on, how exactly is Scarane going to win a state that went hard for Joe Biden? You can’t wish away Delaware’s mainstream Democratic electorate.

How many Delawarean voters have you spoken to?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Marlows posted:

I've spoken to hundreds of people in Delaware in the last few months and i've only talked to like a handful of people who actually like Chris Coons and its literally only been people who know him personally.

LOL literally gotten so many people are like "What someone is running against COONS? IM VOTING FOR THEM, gently caress THAT GUY" right off the bat. It's amazing how much DE hates that rear end in a top hat.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

silicone thrills posted:

I've spoken to hundreds of people in Delaware in the last few months and i've only talked to like a handful of people who actually like Chris Coons and its literally only been people who know him personally.

LOL literally gotten so many people are like "What someone is running against COONS? IM VOTING FOR THEM, gently caress THAT GUY" right off the bat. It's amazing how much DE hates that rear end in a top hat.

This was the case in 2018 as well. Very few people actually particularly like Carper/Coons/Biden. But they win elections. Why? Because you fuckers aren't volunteering:

https://www.jessfordelaware.com/volunteer

This is a binary outcome. Make the calls and help us meet our metrics, and we win, or if we don't meet the metrics, we lose.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Yep. It's also incredibly common for people thank me for telling them that there is going to be a primary because they had no idea. Make calls. Make people informed.

gamer roomie is 41
May 3, 2020

:)

Marlows posted:

Well everyone, pack it in, we don’t win every time so stop trying. Voters over 45 prefer Biden and that means that nobody should ever run on a popular platform or try to change anything. And most certainly not in the party known for winning again and again and again, the Democrats*

*disclaimer: does not apply to anything in the last few decades except for Obama 08 & 12 and the ‘18 midterms and if you bring up anything else you’re a bot.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Marlows posted:

all y’all do is lose.

how bout you gently caress right the gently caress off with this negativity?

we're trying loving do something here

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH14L0IlduQ&t=714s :ohdear:

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Spreading the Nite Crew cancer one volunteer shift at a time.

Marlows posted:

lol you fuckin bootlicker

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I don't even mind skepticism. It's likely that Jess could lose, just like so many other leftist campaigns have. But at least identify the real reason she'd lose. It's not due to Delawarean voters loving Chris Coons. It's solely due to our volunteer infrastructure, and if we can expand it rapidly enough in the next few weeks.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Nichael posted:

How many Delawarean voters have you spoken to?

almost everyone speaks to a corporation each and every day!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

evilweasel posted:

almost everyone speaks to a corporation each and every day!

lol our (literally illiterate) auditor actually pushed to give corporations voting power here not too long ago

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

joined up to phonebank for tomorrow. pro-tips?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

punishedkissinger posted:

Don't overthink it. Voter contact is conversational, it's not wonkish poo poo.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Drink like a single beer or smoke a toke or whatever you do and pretend you are talking to people at a bar about politics. Thats when I shine.

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Spreading the Nite Crew cancer one volunteer shift at a time.

start talking as soon as you hear the ding rather than waiting for a hello, usually there's a delay and they've already said hello by the time you're connected

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Eyoooo Any of you folks who live in Delaware - There's an important dem meeting happening tonight and could you send off a letter to your peeps!

https://actionnetwork.org/letters/tell-the-delaware-democratic-party-to-endorse-jessica-scarane-for-us-senate?source=direct_link&

quote:

The Delaware Democratic Party leaders are meeting at 6 pm TONIGHT to decide who they will endorse for U.S. Senate. Jessica Scarane is the best candidate for Delaware: she best represents the values of the Democratic party and will fight for the future of our state. Delaware Democratic leadership needs to know that voters want progressive change. Send them a letter today to ask them to endorse Jessica Scarane for U.S. Senate.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
It's after 7. Did they endorse anyone?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epicurius posted:

It's after 7. Did they endorse anyone?

chris coons, duh lol

but it's okay, it's meaningless. we're getting a massive endorsement tomorrow or friday.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I love it when the text replies look like this

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
The Dossier is real!

https://twitter.com/69_AHM_69/status/1283514744574488577?s=20

We need to raise $741.35 to repair the Toshiba Libretto so we can read the floppy discs with the files on them!

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/dossier

The Agent known as Nichael will have a presser if we are able to obtain this information.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

silicone thrills posted:

The Dossier is real!

https://twitter.com/69_AHM_69/status/1283514744574488577?s=20

We need to raise $741.35 to repair the Toshiba Libretto so we can read the floppy discs with the files on them!

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/dossier

The Agent known as Nichael will have a presser if we are able to obtain this information.

THE PHONY DOSSIER WILL BE COMPLETELY EXONERATING.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Nichael posted:

chris coons, duh lol

but it's okay, it's meaningless. we're getting a massive endorsement tomorrow or friday.

I can't find it. Who endorsed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

The Working Families Party, I think

I don't know how to embed tweets.