Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Rad-daddio posted:

nice victim blaming

we use our first world military to manufacturer smartphones with their toxic components overseas while marketing them to children so that everyone has one. we aren't the victims, we are asking to be called it's these poor countries on the receiving end of our hegemony trying to survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Mnoba posted:

we use our first world military to manufacturer smartphones with their toxic components overseas while marketing them to children so that everyone has one. we aren't the victims, we are asking to be called it's these poor countries on the receiving end of our hegemony trying to survive.

My lovely Android phone was made by the US military?

...that explains a lot.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

An M1 Abrams fires a Galaxy 10 into a hospital as it crushes an orphanage full of children being forced to make spam calls beneath it's tracks.
America.jpg

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1209937300005801984

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

that is the redneckiest thing I've seen today

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Wamdoodle posted:

that is the redneckiest thing I've seen today

The redneckiest thing is the people in the comments being preemptively outraged by all the snowflakes who are going to cancel christmas over this aaaaany second now

e: :3:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Nastyman posted:

The redneckiest thing is the people in the comments being preemptively outraged by all the snowflakes who are going to cancel christmas over this aaaaany second now

extremely surprised they did not go with "snowflakes" its wintertime. a slam dunk even!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Nastyman posted:

User 'xmas cash'

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Mnoba posted:

Most smartphones are designed, manufactured, and sold by Asian companies. I hope somewhere in China a random guy is getting spam calls in English.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs

The Management posted:

Most smartphones are designed, manufactured, and sold by Asian companies. I hope somewhere in China a random guy is getting spam calls in English.

I think he means that the military wanting better, safer ways to bomb poor people is what spurred development of the technology in our phones, not that the military is literally printing out Samsungs.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Nastyman posted:

I think he means that the military wanting better, safer ways to bomb poor people is what spurred development of the technology in our phones, not that the military is literally printing out Samsungs.

This doesn’t resemble anything in the post I read

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs

The Management posted:

This doesn’t resemble anything in the post I read

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I have a recording of Asian spam lady in my voicemails. How do I upload this with minimum effort and without signing up for anything?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

LabyaMynora posted:

I have a recording of Asian spam lady in my voicemails. How do I upload this with minimum effort and without signing up for anything?

Just write it out

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Just write it out

I don't understand Chinese. :(

cnut
May 3, 2016

LabyaMynora posted:

I don't understand Chinese. :(

mods?!?!?!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The big one going around claims to be from Revenue Canada threatening arrest for missed taxes. I think I read that it's targeted towards new immigrants or something.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
She's yelling at you to give her money and insulting you until you do so, OP. It's called findom and it's all the rage these days.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
My mate is a university student here in aus and he gets the spam calls from Chinese bots quite a bit. They have a bank of phone numbers registered to students through buying lists/hacking into places with student accounts then spam out messages which are essential saying good Chinese students do not support Hong Kong and if they wish to continue their foreign education they should not participate in pro-HK stuff while in Australia because the Chinese government will find out and their families will be "deeply ashamed."

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

LabyaMynora posted:

I think I used this before

https://vocaroo.com/upload

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chomp8645 posted:

She's yelling at you to give her money and insulting you until you do so, OP. It's called findom and it's all the rage these days.

I already have a wife

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Burt, it's your wife calling to ask what you want for dinner.

Spam is not a great choice.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Gridlocked posted:

My mate is a university student here in aus and he gets the spam calls from Chinese bots quite a bit. They have a bank of phone numbers registered to students through buying lists/hacking into places with student accounts then spam out messages which are essential saying good Chinese students do not support Hong Kong and if they wish to continue their foreign education they should not participate in pro-HK stuff while in Australia because the Chinese government will find out and their families will be "deeply ashamed."

The Japanese figured out pretty quickly that responding to Chinese spam texts with “tiananmen square, Chinese democracy, capitalist revolution, free Tibet” and other forbidden things made spammers stop pretty quickly.

Tell this woman that Hong Kong will be free and start discussing Muslim re-education camps with her.

Also in writing this post I realized that my phone will neither suggest nor autocorrect “tiananmen”, but it obviously knows the spelling because if I spell it correctly but uncapitalized it will offer me the capitalized version as a spelling correction. Thanks Tim Apple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Thank you, here's my Chinese spam voicemail:

https://voca.ro/25h4IiG2VN6