Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I thought fixing search was radium's responsibility, not Fragmaster's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
lmao how the thread about how helldump sucked and was a tarpit for crazy people to roll around in poo poo, in, culminates in cataloguing things individual posters did that we boohiss and disdain

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
almost... almost like...

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Charles posted:

I liked Fragmaster but that was a really terrible way to handle things. I don't get it. Maybe he does suck and I didn't realize it at the time. *shrug*

I think the rationale was that kind of “offsite drama” was bad for the forums, therefore banning everyone involved was the best way to go. There’s no defense for what he wrote in the leper’s colony though, other than the fact that every admin for this site eventually goes insane and in the heady days of the late aughts it tended to happen quickly.

VVVVVV it’s so good, I feel sorry for the guy but he’s a comedic genius

Puppy Galaxy fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Dec 28, 2019

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The Kuuenbu audio still makes me laugh.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Wasn't there a poster named NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD or some variation?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I have a confession to make. A dark secret that has haunted me for years. Finally, the burden is lifted...

I used a fake picture on Awful Yearbook.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

The Butcher posted:

I have a confession to make. A dark secret that has haunted me for years. Finally, the burden is lifted...

I used a fake picture on Awful Yearbook.

Mods?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

serious norman posted:

Boniface. 32 yo when that pic was taken

the camera really does add 10 years

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Pick posted:

lmao how the thread about how helldump sucked and was a tarpit for crazy people to roll around in poo poo, in, culminates in cataloguing things individual posters did that we boohiss and disdain

Yeah but we're not compiling detailed offsite post histories and calling individuals out. Most of this poo poo is easily uncovered and the purpose of my asking this question was to give myself some interesting "SA History Homework" more than anything. Its just something done as a hobby and with no intention of doxxing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If your idea of humor is finding some nobody's private photo, zooming in on one pixel of their teeth and then working out how close it's hex color code was to yellow then Helldump was the place to be.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Justin Godscock posted:

It got steadily worse as well over the years. GBS became incredibly stale and boring because everyone seemed to be afraid to make a joke.

This is a cycle which tends to repeat itself. We're nearing the end of one now. Lots of hidden banned subjects and words that get you instantly zapped these days

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

If your idea of humor is finding some nobody's private photo, zooming in on one pixel of their teeth and then working out how close it's hex color code was to yellow then Helldump was the place to be.

I remember this, but it was two worlds, not some nobody, and it was a lot closer to green than yellow

(It was also funny)

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

sounds great

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
helldumps like a truck

truck

truck

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

Wasn't there a poster named NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD or some variation?

that was a time when lots of posters started getting new usernames all the time and i havent been entirely sure of who is who on the forums since like 2012

like it took me years to realize that mofolotopo and trig discipline were the same person and i know that guy ive been to his house!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I think the rationale was that kind of “offsite drama” was bad for the forums, therefore banning everyone involved was the best way to go. There’s no defense for what he wrote in the leper’s colony though, other than the fact that every admin for this site eventually goes insane and in the heady days of the late aughts it tended to happen quickly.

VVVVVV it’s so good, I feel sorry for the guy but he’s a comedic genius

the rationale was that GIJDB was his posting buddy, therefore there's very fine people on both sides of attempted rape

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

Pick posted:

God drat we live in a world where Pick makes excellent posts

The gently caress is happening

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Docahedron posted:

pick has always made good posts like the one her av is from or the star trek stuff
she's also taken her gimmick too far sometimes or other goons get way into derailing every thread to be about pickposting
in conclusion pick is a land of contrasts

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the rationale was that GIJDB was his posting buddy, therefore there's very fine people on both sides of attempted rape

nah puppy galaxy I think hit the nail on the head, it's an 'offsite drama thing' combined with how incredibly likely it was fake, and even if real it's like one of those 'this really isn't the place or way to deal with that trauma' the same way posting suicide threads in e/n used to get you probes or bans. But yeah it doesn't look good in a modern light.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 30, 2019

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
This thread is now about Pickposting

Better than discussing Zoe Quinn and her helldump ilk

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Coolness Averted posted:

pick has always made good posts like the one her av is from or the star trek stuff
she's also taken her gimmick too far sometimes or other goons get way into derailing every thread to be about pickposting
in conclusion pick is a land of contrasts

nah puppy galaxy I think hit the nail on the head, it's an 'offsite drama thing' combined with how incredibly likely it was fake, and even if real it's like one of those 'this really isn't the place or way to deal with that trauma' the same way posting suicide threads in e/n used to get you probes or bans. But yeah it doesn't look good in a modern light.

A very good poster was banned in e/n like a month ago after they admitted to a suicide attempt, so

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

purple death ray posted:

A very good poster was banned in e/n like a month ago after they admitted to a suicide attempt, so

Was it one of those they posted a thread about an active attempt or suicidal ideation things that actually violates the spirit of the rule? Or some dumb 'ah ha they mentioned a past suicide attempt in their post so time to ban!'
I think nearly everyone who hasn't just lurked eventually eats a probe or ban from mod with an agenda convienently finding a way to read something as a violation.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Coolness Averted posted:

Was it one of those they posted a thread about an active attempt or suicidal ideation things that actually violates the spirit of the rule? Or some dumb 'ah ha they mentioned a past suicide attempt in their post so time to ban!'
I think nearly everyone who hasn't just lurked eventually eats a probe or ban from mod with an agenda convienently finding a way to read something as a violation.

Wth is this poo poo. You openly state you know nothing about the ban, then just use it to poo poo on the collective mods. I’d step back from this type of posting.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Burt Sexual posted:

Wth is this poo poo. You openly state you know nothing about the ban, then just use it to poo poo on the collective mods. I’d step back from this type of posting.

I think 'no one who has ever been a mod has ever made a mistake, been arbitrary, or played favorites' is a weird stance to take Burt.
I meant that more as a 'so it's not a big deal' than 'SA is the absolute worst and I pray for its pending demise'

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Burt Sexual posted:

I’d step back from this type of posting.
What are you trying to hide?

How insulated are your stairs Burt? You can tell us. This is a safe space.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Coolness Averted posted:

I think 'no one who has ever been a mod has ever made a mistake, been arbitrary, or played favorites' is a weird stance to take Burt.
I meant that more as a 'so it's not a big deal' than 'SA is the absolute worst and I pray for its pending demise'

That’s not even close to what you posted. But good back peddling.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

What are you trying to hide?

How insulated are your stairs Burt? You can tell us. This is a safe space.

Not very well unfortunately. They’re very noisy.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
the stairs question is getting weirder

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Burt Sexual posted:

plenty of posters would agree with that statement and have a low opinion of the moderation on this site in general. threatening and baiting them over it doesnt seem like the way to win hearts and minds to me, chill out dude

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Mods are doing a better job modding than most people do at their real life jobs, which are for money so their kids don't starve etc. cut em some slack.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Docahedron posted:

Pick is ok so long as she refrains from posting about herself

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Mods are doing a better job modding than most people do at their real life jobs, which are for money so their kids don't starve etc. cut em some slack.

cspam is currently holding a 50 page struggle session over some probes and a thread that was gassed months ago

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Coolness Averted posted:

Um excuse me I happen to have heard that the internet is in fact serious business

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

rear end cobra posted:

cspam is currently holding a 50 page struggle session over some probes and a thread that was gassed months ago

I saw that, its all so incredibly salty and insane. What is everyone's beef over there?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JK Fresco posted:

Um excuse me I happen to have heard that the internet is in fact serious business

It was a mistake

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

plenty of posters would agree with that statement and have a low opinion of the moderation on this site in general. threatening and baiting them over it doesnt seem like the way to win hearts and minds to me, chill out dude

This isn’t a whine about mods forum/thread, it was a light warn, so unchill. Gbs will not be drawn back into this drama.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
oh right, i forgot the bad forums are still at war

maybe there should a sitewide garbage day once a year, it actually worked pretty well in he'll dump imo

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
if only there was a space where we could whine about mods

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Kazak posted:

I saw that, its all so incredibly salty and insane. What is everyone's beef over there?

I'm convinced that it's an environment which actually cultivates mental illness

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

JK Fresco posted:

when the height of comedy is wishing you could guillotine people at will, your brain tends to melt

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

VikingSkull posted:

if only there was a space where we could whine about mods

We single thread subforum meltdowns. Please hold. Your expected wait time is 48 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

JK Fresco posted:

ban them all and let reddit sort them out