Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the #1 Overall Pick
This poll is closed.
Anthony Edwards 17 26.98%
Cole Anthony 3 4.76%
James Wiseman 12 19.05%
LaMelo Ball 19 30.16%
Other 12 19.05%
Total: 63 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Utah sophomore Both Gach has put his name in, and I really hope it's just for the feedback. He went to high school half an hour from where I used to live and went to college about five minutes from where I live now so I've seen plenty of him, but I'd rather just post this quick write-up from the Salt Lake Tribune instead:

quote:

“He’s certainly interesting from a movement standpoint,” Sports Illustrated NBA draft insider Jeremy Woo told The Tribune. “He has some intriguing quick-twitch stuff off the dribble and vertically that catches your eye immediately. He’s not close to NBA-ready and will need to show he does more than just score moving forward. I also wonder how much strength he can add with his body type, but there’s a base level of ability with him that will at least be worth a look moving forward.”

“From what I saw this year, I don’t know if he is an NBA prospect,” one NBA front office executive told The Tribune. “He’s too thin, not strong, didn’t knock down shots, and I wonder how good his basketball IQ is.”

About that scoring: 11 points per game, 25% three-point shooter, .497 TS%, went to the line three times per 40 minutes of playing time, so even calling him a scorer is generous at this point. He can pass a bit and be a playmaker when he actually tries to go to the basket, but he just might be limited by Krystowiak's playing style for Utah because they take loads of threes.

I mean, he's got plenty of athletic ability but he's still a college wing who put up a PER of 11 over this past season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

it’s a pretty bad draft but gach isn’t really on anyone’s radar; he’d probably go undrafted, especially without a combine to show off his athleticism

also if his problem was being asked to shoot too many threes then buddy you’re gonna have a bad time in the nba
Utah took about 40% of their shots from three last year even though they shot them at only a 33% clip. Basically their coach demands every one of his wings to shoot half of his shots or more from three-point range, whether or not said player can actually make them.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

That’s really gonna tank his draft value
Well it depends on how quick he was able to get his shot off.