Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Namtab posted:

Even if this is true im not watching something with paedophile okes in to find out op

Is this why we're not getting the nise simul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

excellent bird guy posted:

What is the opinion on new LOTGH. I binged all the regular episodes in a few months, loved all of it. But this new one? I am afraid to watch. Is it bad? Or would it just be bad if you grew too attached to the original.

My personal opinion is that it has no reason to exist. It’s not bad but there’s already a 100+ episode series that’s amazing. The new series has nothing to offer but a more rigid adherence to the source material (which is barely noticeable) and more modern animation. It feels like wasted effort

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

My personal opinion is that it has no reason to exist. It’s not bad but there’s already a 100+ episode series that’s amazing. The new series has nothing to offer but a more rigid adherence to the source material (which is barely noticeable) and more modern animation. It feels like wasted effort

It adds mechs, which means it can appear in Super Robot Wars more easily now.

It also introduces new people to the show without plopping 100+ episodes of old OVA in front of them, which probably expands the potential audience.

I'm not saying it should exist, even. I'm simply noting there are uses for it beyond a paycheck.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

excellent bird guy posted:

What is the opinion on new LOTGH. I binged all the regular episodes in a few months, loved all of it. But this new one? I am afraid to watch. Is it bad? Or would it just be bad if you grew too attached to the original.

The art is nicer (except for Iserlohn, which they basically just didn't bother trying), but a lot of the secondary cast barely exists so it feels like a cursory take on the story. The original always had the historical-notes-narrator conceit, but the new one does feel a lot closer to a textbook summary of events than a story where you're accompanying the characters.

Good ED, though.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

LOGH: Die Neue These was p good, I enjoyed it plenty. Never had an interest in watchin a longass superdry old OAV in the first place, so while it never got away from feeling like a handy summation of events I knew were from a bunch of huge novels, I felt like I got the heart and soul of this story perfectly well. It's refreshing as hell getting a slickly-produced sci-fi space opera series that's both not Star Wars and so vested in being so frankly, directly political, and not just in the Gundam "lots of political manuevering happening in the plot" kind of way. Remarkably, it's neither more or less dry in tone from what little of the OAV I remember watching, they're v similar in that respect. Weird!

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Motto posted:

Is this why we're not getting the nise simul

Full disclosure both mods have said i can make a nise simul this year, ive just been dealing with some poo poo lately