Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
Think I’m hitting a glitch that’s got me completely stuck at endgame. On Jenova Dreamweaver when it enters phase 2 I kill loads of tentacles until there’s none left and then it enters a 10 second phase where it seems like it shouldn’t be immune anymore... but it is. Then more tentacles spawn and it just continues endlessly. Have restarted battle, restarting game, continued killing tentacles for 15 minutes, no workaround I can find.

So not going to finish the game I guess? Pretty frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yes! Good! Don’t be $77!!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Eggnogium posted:

Think I’m hitting a glitch that’s got me completely stuck at endgame. On Jenova Dreamweaver when it enters phase 2 I kill loads of tentacles until there’s none left and then it enters a 10 second phase where it seems like it shouldn’t be immune anymore... but it is. Then more tentacles spawn and it just continues endlessly. Have restarted battle, restarting game, continued killing tentacles for 15 minutes, no workaround I can find.

Have you tried retrying the battle?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Eggnogium posted:

Hmm, that is odd. I've only heard of (and encountered myself) one boss that ends up staying permanently damage-proof after a phase transition (in that it had the grayed out health bar with a no-entry sign over it, and not due to "IMMUNE" popping up), but restarting the fight fixed it.

If even restarting the game didn't help (as in, a full "Close Application" and then starting it up again), seems like restarting the console and/or loading an older save would be the next things to try.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It might help if you take a clip and post it here, so we can see what you're looking at.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

I restarted the PS4 and now it’s working. Boss is dead.

New whine is that dying on Whisper Bahamut means having to redo the whole fight. :gonk:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Eggnogium posted:

New whine is that dying on Whisper Bahamut means having to redo the whole fight. :gonk:

Yeah it was pretty crappy to not include a checkpoint on that fight.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Will contain spoilers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu4H5ykBP0I

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
See you, sword cowboy.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Eggnogium posted:

Same thing happened to me and I almost put the game up. My second try was about a quarter of the time since I preserved ATB so well that I was able to blast it with a limit break and continue after that phase pretty quickly. I was pretty steamed that there was no checkpoint at all in that area though.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Am I the only one who thought Whisper Bahamut was the easiest part of that whole sequence?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ace Transmuter posted:

Am I the only one who thought Whisper Bahamut was the easiest part of that whole sequence?

yeah he was a push over and I wasn't even close to max level at that point

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I killed him before he apparently casts mega-flare and didn't think twice of it.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

exquisite tea posted:

I killed him before he apparently casts mega-flare and didn't think twice of it.

It casts mega flare???

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Which is weird, because it often casts megaflare in the first few seconds of the fight, which can definitely put a hurt on your team. Other than that he's pretty easy, though.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ace Transmuter posted:

It casts mega flare???

Yeah, but it can be interrupted so if you pay attention you can go the entire fight without letting it fire it off.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I'd forgotten how good Ghoul's boss fight theme is. In any other game this would be worthy of, I don't know, a battle against the main villain's top lieutenant at least. Here it's a track that plays during a totally throwaway filler boss fight. Like Hamauzu did it just to flex. "Here, this is me not even trying."

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Ace Transmuter posted:

It casts mega flare???

Yeah, basically the fight is down to whether it lands mega flare and puts you in an unrecoverable state.

Killed 2 and the third was Aerith with no wards up and no ATB bars so that’s game.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

For me the battle went: Bahamut appeared, started casting megaflare within seconds, I spent my ATB quickly healing up, the spell immediately killed two party members and the one remaining had no ATB and single digit HP. I can't even remember how I dealt with it next time, I think I just got everyone up to full strength before getting to him, then killed him easily.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

I don’t know I guess I suck because even on my rematch he was only halfway down when he cast mega flare. Still, this time I was topped off for it and recovered easily.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Welp. I beat it.

Gonna....gonna go slip on into the spoiler thread. Brain hurt.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I bought a PS4 just for this game and I lost interest about after the church scene.

It has the characters of FF7 and the story is vaguely in that direction but this game pushes none of the buttons that made me love that original game.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Katt posted:

I bought a PS4 just for this game and I lost interest about after the church scene.

:lmao:

Katt posted:

It has the characters of FF7 and the story is vaguely in that direction but this game pushes none of the buttons that made me love that original game.

The game isn't for everyone, but how does it feel to have basically spent $350+ for a video game you didn't like?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Proteus Jones posted:

:lmao:

The game isn't for everyone, but how does it feel to have basically spent $350+ for a video game you didn't like?

Seconded.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
at least you can play bloodborne now?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm playing Bloodborne right now.

It's well good. I like the combat in FFVII Remake more though.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Proteus Jones posted:

The same as all other PS4 owners I imagine but I spent less in total. :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Katt posted:

I kinda feel the opposite. Loved FF7 as a kid, grew to be kinda cynical about it with age, this game made me feel like a kid playing FF7 for the first time again. Really charming and just... likeable?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I kinda feel the opposite. Loved FF7 as a kid, grew to be kinda cynical about it with age, this game made me feel like a kid playing FF7 for the first time again. Really charming and just... likeable?

Very much same.

The rooftop escape sequence after the fight in the church made me feel things.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Katt posted:

Yeah same. Additionally I couldn't take the waifu stuff any longer.

Adus posted:

at least you can play bloodborne now?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I also felt the Reno scene was kind of odd. In the original game you fight him with 3 people and it's a struggle at that and you don't even really beat him.

In the remake. Cloud demonstrably beats the poo poo out of Reno all alone during their first encounter with little effort and so Reno and the turks look like of weak.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The Turks ARE weak.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Gologle posted:

The Turks ARE weak.

They're not supposed to be! You're supposed to outgrow them as the story progresses.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Katt posted:

They're not supposed to be! You're supposed to outgrow them as the story progresses.

We've already outgrown that story.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Mulva posted:

We've already outgrown that story.

Hey no spoilers. One year I'll finish this stupid game. Once they patch in the fun.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

zakharov posted:

Very much same.

The rooftop escape sequence after the fight in the church made me feel things.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Katt posted:

Hey no spoilers. One year I'll finish this stupid game. Once they patch in the fun.

What would you consider to be a fun FFVIIR? Genuinely curious here, the thread is more interesting when it isn't just everybody agreeing with each other about the things in the game that they like

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gologle posted:

The Turks ARE weak.

:yeah:

gently caress the Turks!

You hear me, Turks? gently caress you!

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Katt posted:

I also felt the Reno scene was kind of odd. In the original game you fight him with 3 people and it's a struggle at that and you don't even really beat him.

In the remake. Cloud demonstrably beats the poo poo out of Reno all alone during their first encounter with little effort and so Reno and the turks look like of weak.

Cloud has been given the Mako equivalent of steroids for years while he was in Hojo's clutches.

Reno by comparison is an unenhanced human. A very well-trained one, but still unenhanced. It's not shocking that he'd be considered outmatched.

You obviously are looking for something other that what the game is offering, so chalk it up as an expense and move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

anakha posted:

You obviously are looking for something other that what the game is offering, so chalk it up as an expense and move on.

Dont listen to this guy, he's got no destiny. You should be really mad and have an epic meltdown in the thread over it. The more staff members you call out by name, the more impressed we'll be!