Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
WAIT the other remake is ALL OF FF7... and Crisis Core and more?!

what the hell is going on?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Moola posted:

WAIT the other remake is ALL OF FF7... and Crisis Core and more?!

what the hell is going on?!

It looks like it's going to be akin to the FFXV pocket edition which was like a super scaled back version which was kind of more 'greatest hits" than a full remake and released in chapters.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

OK that honestly made me laugh out loud.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

oh drat vincent invented "nothing personel, kid"?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Arkage posted:

OK that honestly made me laugh out loud.

*grunts at you animely*

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6ZDKZfr-i0

Here's the trailer, if anyone else was deeply confused about what Moola was talking about.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

It looks like it's going to be akin to the FFXV pocket edition which was like a super scaled back version which was kind of more 'greatest hits" than a full remake and released in chapters.

Okay that makes more sense, because the idea of them remaking all that poo poo in that style ON TOP of doing the Remake episodes seemed like a crazy amount of work

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Also I noticed in the Ever Crisis trailer that Aerith is there fighting the Scorpion Sentinel so it's clear there's gonna be some element of gameplay being divorced from story going on

Moola posted:

they announced a loving final fantasy 7 battle royale game

It's such a wild and entertainingly stupid concept that I kinda can't wait to see how it shakes out

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
Also Crises Core's art style was fine, making it chibi-ish is bleh. Just port over the original game for gods sake.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

gently caress yeah Weiss the immaculate

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So... no PC version then? :(

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

Also I noticed in the Ever Crisis trailer that Aerith is there fighting the Scorpion Sentinel so it's clear there's gonna be some element of gameplay being divorced from story going on

Actually that is probably a reference to the original Final Fantasy VII demo which featured the reactor sequence but had Aerith (complete with a Leviathan summon materia) in your party.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Actually that is probably a reference to the original Final Fantasy VII demo which featured the reactor sequence but had Aerith (complete with a Leviathan summon materia) in your party.

Oh huh, that definitely tracks then

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
According to an interview Weiss is just a VR boss fight for Yuffie. Also since they're introducing Yuffie in Midgar area who wants to bet she steals your poo poo at the beginning of Remake #2 :D

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1365089018837274624

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cartridgeblowers posted:

So... no PC version then? :(

Probably not going to be announced at a Sony event.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

AKA The thing I've brought up since forever, Nomura has way too much work to be able to lead both Remake and the KH series.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

It upsets me that we get a playable Yuffie's New Best Friend OC Do Not Steal before a playable Red XIII

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kinda reads like Square once again annoyed at Nomura's perfectionism and not willing to let remake languish in iterative hell like Vs. 13 and Remake pt 1

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wow you got a lot from that one quote

sonon's staff looks cool

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

exquisite tea posted:

Probably not going to be announced at a Sony event.

Well certainly not, but a new revision to me indicates a renewal of the exclusivity window.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

This bodes... poorly.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
less Nomura is always good imo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Kinda reads like Square once again annoyed at Nomura's perfectionism and not willing to let remake languish in iterative hell like Vs. 13 and Remake pt 1

it reads like they don’t want to always be giving Nomura 50 critically important high-profile projects at once anymore

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Now who can we blame for the inclusion of Dirge of Cerberus characters????

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Augus posted:

it reads like they don’t want to always be giving Nomura 50 critically important high-profile projects at once anymore

Maybe so. It's just generally never a good thing when the director of... anything gets "promoted" off your flagship project
especially one that he says he wants to be his priority

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Ok, I don't follow all the creative leads in all SquareEnix projects- what's Hamaguchi known for?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Now who can we blame for the inclusion of Dirge of Cerberus characters????

Who am I supposed to blame for additions to the story that I don't like and vaguely refer to as "anime"?!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Schwartzcough posted:

Ok, I don't follow all the creative leads in all SquareEnix projects- what's Hamaguchi known for?

All I know is that he's credited as co-director of part 1 with Nomura. He was also the project lead for the Mobius Final Fantasy mobile game. He also worked as a lead programmer on other FF games like Lightning Returns.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope Nero and his dumb strap face come back

and his alternate form ARACHNERO

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Remake is entirely a backdoor way for that Genesis scene at the end of Dirge to mean something.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1365072967198253057

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1365074909739810816

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

Who am I supposed to blame for additions to the story that I don't like and vaguely refer to as "anime"?!

this is EXTREMELY rude to anime >: (

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Yuffie killed and skinned a Moogle to make that cloak.

This is in addition to the multiple cases of grand larceny, making her the most evil party member in 7 by far.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

But she is also going to kill that one Dirge of Cerberus guy so perhaps she is the truest hero.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I think you can since the PS5 would read it as a PS4 save. Just upload to the cloud.

Thanks, I'll try to test it out before I leave :)

Kale
May 14, 2010

Moola posted:

less Nomura is always good imo

Probably will speed up production at least. Most of the character design poo poo for modern FF seems to have transferred off to Roberto Ferrari anyway as well.

Harrow posted:

I can't figure out if we already knew the Compilation stuff was gonna show up in some form in FF7R or if I had just assumed it would and already resigned myself to it

I had assumed it myself

Kale fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 26, 2021

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1365118176460038144

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Never played Dirge due to its reputation but I have to admit I respect it's energy.