Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Aha, I see that quote is not yet edit.

Funky Valentine posted:

Yuffie killed and skinned a Moogle to make that cloak.

This is in addition to the multiple cases of grand larceny, making her the most evil party member in 7 by far.

I thought Moogles were just an arcade game in VII but that guard actually looked.... could they be real???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

If I recall, they're mythological creatures in FF7, I think its mentioned somewhere in FF7R.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
I am pissed off if the Yuffie DLC really is not available for people who have PS4. Game has not been out for a year yet even and I can't get the DLC on the original system the game released?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

They had a vision for a moogle cloak so cool it could only be rendered on next gen hardware. And by all accounts that vision was realized

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.

No Mods No Masters posted:

They had a vision for a moogle cloak so cool it could only be rendered on next gen hardware. And by all accounts that vision was realized

Haha, I really do hope that this "new" version of the game is PS5 only but they will also have the DLC without the fancy moogle coat enhancements for all of us who can't get a PS5. Oh well, we will find out soon enough.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1365141007164051456

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Disappointed that Dirge of Cerberus guy is apparently just a sim fight.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

This is so far beyond my wildest dreams that it feels like I'm living in the future.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I really wonder whether 7R was always planned to be like this jumping off point for FF7 to became a whole franchise again, or whether it was only after how successful it was that Square decided "Well poo poo, let's make a loving FF7 themed battle royale"

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Back when the game came out, I got about 2/3rds of the through it. Last weekend, I was possessed with an inexplicable passion and got through chapter 15. Tuesday evening, I decided It Must End and stayed up way later than a Responsible Adult should to finish it. My feelings regarding the game and particular its final chapters are best summarized as follows:

Nael, age 6 posted:

The tiger
He destroyed his cage
Yes
YES
The tiger is out
Upon finishing, I was overcome with a deep sadness, born from the fact that it would likely be two or more years until I would enjoy additional remade Final Fantasy VII content.

Today, I can say only two words:
Yes
YES

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

The trailer is good for a lomarf I'll admit. But ultimately it simply is what it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chSgLDIhWE0

This almost something of an interesting idea to me. I've always wondered how normal people would handle dealing with the robots and mutant Mako monsters that your party does. Apparently enough bullets work on everything with Barret proving that.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Now who can we blame for the inclusion of Dirge of Cerberus characters????

drat you George Lucas, you've ruined Final Fantasy now!

Funky Valentine posted:

Who am I supposed to blame for additions to the story that I don't like and vaguely refer to as "anime"?!

drat you Kojima, you've ruined Final Fantasy now!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Yuffie looks like she’s going to own mechanics-wise. Looking forward to a Cloud/Tifa/Yuffie party in Remake 2 for maximum stylish action.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Hope no one bought a PS4 copy yesterday in anticipation of the upgrade:

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1365273440899522576?s=21

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

zenintrude posted:

Hope no one bought a PS4 copy yesterday in anticipation of the upgrade:

Ahahaha, the fine print says you can't upgrade the free ps+ version.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Eleeleth posted:

Ahahaha, the fine print says you can't upgrade the free ps+ version.

Wow, totally missed that... that’s goofy

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it's really weird, Control was put on PSPlus too and that version included the PS5 Upgrade

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
This new guy is totally going to die at the end of Yuffie's DLC, isn't he?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh, without question

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hes going to end up like Hans Tauntaun.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Rhonne posted:

This new guy is totally going to die at the end of Yuffie's DLC, isn't he?

seeing speculation that his japanese voice actor is basically the sean bean of anime voices if that's any hint

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I've been sort of out for a day and I wake up and I think my brain kinda stopped functioning properly because there's like a lot of pings on Discord and I could not discern what was troll or not but apparently everything I'm hallucinating is real?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Elentor posted:

So I've been sort of out for a day and I wake up and I think my brain kinda stopped functioning properly because there's like a lot of pings on Discord and I could not discern what was troll or not but apparently everything I'm hallucinating is real?

If part of your hallucination is an FF7 battle royale on mobile, yeah, that's real.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone told me that and I thought it was in jest and was like "Oh yeah an FF BR, there are so many characters in FF you could probably make one where each player is a unique FF character and there'd still be leftovers for a second 100 player map".

Then I find out they were not making a joke and it was a FF BR.

An FF7 BR.

I actually might be in a weird dream, they have been oddly lucid lately, and the whole pinching myself doesn't work for me.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

100 Roches jump out of an airship.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Except it seems like it'll all be faceless grunts instead of any recognizable characters, so.... I dunno, seems kinda pointless. I guess you'll probably see potions and chocobos and summons, but eh.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there will probably be cloud and sephiroth and tifa etc. skins but they definitely won't be free

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Augus posted:

there will probably be cloud and sephiroth and tifa etc. skins but they definitely won't be free

its supposed to be set 30 years prior so none of them are even born yet

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You think that'll stop them

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I just had the thought that FFVIIR will be announced for PC in April, but it will be the base game that launched on the PS4 and the Yuffie DLC will stay exclusive to the PS5 for a year. :ohdear:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TK-42-1 posted:

its supposed to be set 30 years prior so none of them are even born yet

Our new device, the Mako Time Xtender allows us to use the Time Materia to have a glimpse into the future to find out who the most powerful SOLDIERs are! Across all generations. What is more incredible, is that we found out there are warriors who rival even the might of our strongest SOLDIERs.

While unfortunately we cannot replicate their strength in the testing fields, for a few Gil you can look exactly like them in your Holograph Simulator.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

What's Squeenix's record when it comes to third-person shooters? I'm just imagining the controls on this First Soldier game being dogshit on mobile.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

anakha posted:

What's Squeenix's record when it comes to third-person shooters? I'm just imagining the controls on this First Soldier game being dogshit on mobile.

Dirge of Cerberus

...so... not good?

I guess they got Nier: Automata too though

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

OhFunny posted:

I just had the thought that FFVIIR will be announced for PC in April, but it will be the base game that launched on the PS4 and the Yuffie DLC will stay exclusive to the PS5 for a year. :ohdear:

I believe the yuffie content is PS5 exclusive, period.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ace Transmuter posted:

Dirge of Cerberus

...so... not good?

I guess they got Nier: Automata too though

They published N:A but I don't think they had anything to do with actually making it

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I think that was Platinum Games

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
... so not good then

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Square's best third person shooter is The 3-D Battles of WorldRunner

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Veib posted:

Square's best third person shooter is The 3-D Battles of WorldRunner

There are the crossbows in Kingdom Hearts III, and that space blaster disney ride.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well they have Outriders coming out soon and recent Tomb Raider games are third person shooters :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
The Prompto DLC (and I guess his gameplay that got integrated into the base game) was basically a third person shooter, and I remember it being fine.