Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just saw a little of a boss fight and I’m really digging all the particle effects and poo poo just flying and exploding all over the fucken place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Tertius Oculum posted:

Is this supposed to be full length? Like 100 Hours type game? I can't see it being that long if its just until they get out of Midgar.

"The story of this first, standalone game in the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE project covers up to the party’s escape from Midgar, and goes deeper into the events occurring in Midgar than the original FINAL FANTASY VII."

From the box :0

sorry if I missed this questions somewhere. debating whether or not to drop the money on this or wait for sale.

Supposedly with doing the side quests it clocks in at around 45 hours which is pretty dece

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Interesting they made Barret act like a preacher at parts, especially after you blow up the reactor

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I am loving loving this soundtrack how it dances between keeping the original's soundfont and tempo and doing its own thing with it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man I’m digging the character designs. I like how Cloud edges on being an anime pretty boy but then his big baby blues also make him look like the ding dong dork he is
What's the justification for Barrett's sunglasses though, they seem like such an odd inclusion. Was big man with a gun arm and military themed outfit not enough?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It just hit me that Barrett probably wears glasses all the time because Nomura probably liked Blade

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Biggs is straight up Charlie Sheen to the point of distraction

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The hell did Aerith show me when I met her at the church? There was no materia modeled in her hair or bow

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I am disappointed that Aerith's new design omits her big loving bracelets, the big loving metal sleeves of her jacket, and the gigantic shoulder pads she used to have

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man but does this game love zooming in on Sephiroth's flawless skin and pouty lips every time he shows up

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The game ends up being in three parts, so first part is Bahamut, second Neo Bahamut, third Bahamut 0

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

stev posted:

The Airbuster theme is so perfect. Man what a fun fight.

Everything about the airbuster was perfect, holy poo poo what a concept for a dungeon

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and predict that for the next parts of this beautiful game they’re gonna scale back a lot of the uh scale and locations since the biggest push for the remake was that people wanted to spend more time in Midgar since it was such an original and unexplored area for the time
I doubt a lot of people want to spend the same amount of time in say, big cannon town or big canyon town so those will probably follow a more standard progression like in the original

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

piL posted:

Yo, this chapter 9 music sounds like Phantasy Star Online! I'll listen to the soundtrack later and find it and link it.

Spoiled because maybe people don't want music spoiled? In any case, those tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Wkx_kHW7U This, some, but especially:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5El-bsM_C8

Literally my first thought when those tracks started

Finished wall market and the sewers. Imagine being the age you were when you first played the original and having your parents walk in on any of the wall market stuff

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man I hope Rude didn’t have anything good to steal at the pillar because I just one shot him with Ascension

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I assume the NPC I ran into in Chapter I think 3 in the subway who is dressed like a j pop idol among a sea of generic sim guys is going to be important eventually right?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Zaa Boogie posted:

Calling it now, second game is gonna be called FF7 Unmade and the third will be FF7 Unbound.

Nah, they're probably sticking with the RE thing.

Man I'm digging how they've updated the original's flagship FMVs like Airbuster busting and such, but I preferred in the original how while the plate is falling and everything's exploding and making such loving noise the camera pans out to President Shinra's office with him calmly watching the entire thing while listening to opera before fading to black. poo poo was much more haunting

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I’m not a big fan of them renaming a bunch of limit breaks/skills. Climhazzard, Blade Beam and Ungarmax/Angermax sound way cooler than Ascension, Blade Blast and Maximum Fury

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Excuse me, CRIME HAZARD

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I completely forgot how to get to the sewers for that one stash quest

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Ff9 was charming and goofy and fun but it was slow as hell and the actual gameplay with having to grind out skills from gear and limit breaks being the way they were was loving terrible
It sure was nice having a four person party again though

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Yeah faithful Amano designs would probably not look very good in 3D motion

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Bleck posted:

iirc the intention with the ending of the original game was that every human dies

Apparently not immediately, but within 500 years. I like to think the planet just used up all of the lifestream to boost Holy and beat Meteor and then it just couldn’t sustain humanity for long

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
He also speaks with Charlie Sheen's exact cadence and tone

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I can see Yuffie stealing your poo poo then joining late in the game with your poo poo but at that point you have higher leveled poo poo

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Caidin posted:

I love that, to this very day, there is no explanation for the massive zipline that goes from the sector 7 pillar to the playground on the edge of sector 6, which couldn't have been there before because it goes right through the huge metal gate that is usual kept closed at night.

It was Shinra's prototype to kill all the children in Sector 7 you see, before they decided to just drop the plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Clarste posted:

Okay, but what about everyone else? How can this tweet tell us that the book explains how long EVERYONE takes to do their hair and not go into detail for anyone but Cloud?
If I recall correctly Sephiroth uses a full bottle of shampoo and conditioner and takes him over an hour to brush his hair