Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

GoGoGadget posted:

I wonder how they'll handle in a realistic manner the scene where Dyne just repeatedly unloads his gun into Barret's chest and Barret barely flinches.

Wasn’t he just shooting at Barrett’s feet or am I misremembering something about the junkyard scene?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Or the scene post temple of the ancients with Aeris and Cloud.

That one is gonna have to change or it's gonna be real uncomfortable with realistic graphics

Or the temple closing with Cait Smith still inside, that’ll be funny to see in HDR

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

He will angrily point and yell out his anime feelings.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

No Wave posted:

Tifa knew there was something wrong with Cloud compared to the person she knew growing up. It turns out she was right and because it's a fun video game she helps him and it gets neatly resolved, Cloud becomes who he's supposed to be again and they do it under the highwind, then save the world.

They should have left the sex scene FMV imo

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Lessail posted:

the mother of a certain someone was also taking care of cloud :mrgw:

Wha?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

think i’m gonna start a new game in the original and play that instead of watching the drat countdown on this

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

axeil posted:

If part 2 of the remake can make Vincent and Cait Sith not suck it will be one of the greatest gaming successes in the modern era.

Vincent is real eye-roll inducing in 2020. I have no idea what people thought back in the 90s though, maybe the super-emo wasn't so passe then.

I thought he was so cool he was always in my final party along with Cid lol

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

this is the only thing i ask to be spoiled on in this thread — in the Remake, is she Aeris or Aerith?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Ace Transmuter posted:

I usually rolled with Vincent and Yuffie because I liked their limit breaks.

Yuffie has the best limit breaks and Vincent has the worst — something I did not realize when I was 13

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

zakharov posted:

Lmao just lmao if you didn't use him on Mt Nibel right after you got him and watch him heal the Materia Keeper while you couldn't do anything

‘‘twas a rite of passage

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Kith posted:

auron owns, what the gently caress are you talking about

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Yeah I watched a couple Twitch streams where a guy went from basically Chapter 3 to Chapter 13-ish in the game and the materia system in Remake is almost a complete revamp of what's in the original. Each character's weapon progression grid feeds into this, as well. They all have wayyyyy different stats from each other and get even more different as you progress, i.e. Tifa loving zooms around the screen and, if played right, can straight up avoid a lot of incoming damage just from that speed alone while also comboing the poo poo outta stuff to raise stagger, while Barret is slow as hell, naturally tanky and has really consistent low-level damage that builds up to big gently caress-off bursts. Combine those base ideas with how there's more Command and Independent materia that let you kinda play around with those factors and you can legit make each character completely different class archetypes from really early on in the game.

It's super rad.

gently caress yeah, Friday get here now

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Reading all of Sephiroth’s lines in the Kalm flashback in the voice of Buster Bluth

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

barret fuckibg owns and all of the incidental dialogue with the party is great. my goodness, so much to love

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Momomo posted:

They had like 23 years to come up with a last name for Jessie and they went with Rasberry.

The game is really good so far but I think that's going to stick with me the entire time.

thanks for the ‘za,mrs. R!

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

zakharov posted:

I set upgrades to auto with no regrets.

pages and pages back but LOL

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

I think Nomira really really liked the end sequence of Into the Spiderverse

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Hojo’s voice actor was the MVP in a stellar cast, imo

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I got wiped by what I assumed was the last or second-to-last phase of the final boss Fate Bahamut, selected retry last battle, and surprise! I'm back at the goddamn Midgar overpass portal before all the fights with the norns.

So I said gently caress it, dropped the difficulty to easy, then said, no, gently caress it and youtubed the ending. Turns out that wasn't even the final boss!

I didn't like the ending. That is all.

lmao

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

well that's a bad post

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Jimbot posted:

I hope they patch in a "detailed" weapon screen so I can see which weapon does what. It's hard to keep track of which weapon has the MP regeneration upgrades or the Concentration stuff for Tifa. Just a simple button press that doesn't require me to journey into the innerverse of the weapon every time. A plaintext menu with all the upgrades would be very handy.

I just finished this game today, and this is my biggest complaint. Give me this in Part 2 please, everything about the weapon system owned, but I need these stats easily visible in the menu.

Game fuckibg owned. Loved it, changes and all, and combat was superb. My own button mashing tendencies owned me more often than not. Can’t believe how many goons didn’t use Retry from Last Battle if they brick-walled against a boss, but to be fair I did own myself during a few story sequences/boss rush restarts where it kicked me back farther than I was expecting. Deployment of that could have been tighter. But still super useful when coming up against stuff that your current load out wasn’t made for expecting.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Airbuster is the first time the actual boss music kicks in in the original so it’s extremely fitting.

One of my favorite moments in the original and the Remake. Goddamn it’s so good and I’m glad the developers got that too

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Using a cat robot to undermine your company is the most galaxy brain thing that Reeve could have done.

yeah he owns

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Can't wait for the remixes of Lifestream and You Can Hear The Cries Of The Planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9v7hx93IQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBRAkpXTmCs

Best songs in the game.

drat getting chills thinking about seeing the City of the Ancients rendered in full coral glory with a trippy as gently caress skybox

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Disorder is Cloud’s best weapon skill.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Sapozhnik posted:

What's so great about Disorder? It seems like a slightly fancier mode-switch that burns an ATB bar. I don't get it.

it’s way more elegant of a switch between modes if you’re on the offense. In my experience I have to stop my combos dead with Cloud in order for the input to register whereas I’m perfectly OK burning an ATB bar in order to continuing reeling in the damage especially when the target is staggered.

In short, it feels awesome in the palm of my hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

In the og game it’s funny when everyone talks up Cloud as being this bad rear end ex-Soldier when his Fight command isn’t appreciably stronger than the rest of the team at the start.

In the Remake I really understood why Cloud is considered an impressive fighter.

At least until Tifa shows up lol