Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

NikkolasKing posted:

Also, me being the clueless person that I am, I wasn't sure about something but somebody independently saw the scene exactly the same way.

AVALANCHE'S bomb did little damage in this. It was Shinra causing their machines to go haywire that led to a much more dramatic explosion. So AVALANCHE are not murderous terrorists in this.

Fuckin' called it. Then again, so did a lot of people.

I mean they're still TRYING to blow it up right? Presumably if their bomb failed they'd just come back with a bigger one until it worked. They're only technically not murderers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope the cool rock comes back.

Do you mean the giant turtle?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

HD DAD posted:

I’m pretty sure someone at SE or Sony is gonna get fired into the sun.

Hopefully the lesson they take from this isn't to just not have a demo for part 2/3.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gologle posted:

I don't know if this deserves to be a spoiler, but here we go

:siren:CLOUD IN DRESS SPOTTED:siren:

He looks just as convincing as you'd expect.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there a summary of the extended universe stuff anywhere? I never played anything except the original game.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

exquisite tea posted:

LiS is published by Square-Enix so that is more likely than you think!

I don't care what anybody says, that's one of the best sci-fi films ever made.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Think the demo will be out this month? It comes out March 3rd so a 1.5-2 month gap seems about right. I really, really hope they don't cancel it because of the leak, I really want to try the combat system before I buy it.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 9, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GoGoGadget posted:

I think there was a theory somewhere that the ghost dudes of time have something to do with the "Remake" title. As in they are trying to remake the events that originally happened into something else or to restore it after something else changes them.

Yeah if this is a sequel in disguise that sounds about right.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder if this will delay the demo too

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I guess that demo isn't coming out this month huh

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wasn't there a leak that said a Jenova form is the final boss? Wonder how long this is if they're showing the final boss in the trailers...

EDIT: I was going to ask if they really lip synced both language versions but apparently they have some auto-lip syncing program they use that they've had since FF13.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 31, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Unless it's a complete technical mess it's going to be at least decent. My only worry at this point is how long it is.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Terper posted:

Here's a hotter take: the majority of people who play this will not have played the original, and only have the vaguest notions of what happens in it.

To be honest I played the original and I only have the vaguest notion of what happens in it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Where do you guys think they’ll end part 1? The Nibelheim flashback at Kalm seems like it’d make the most sense, assuming they still have the flashback there. Ending at Kalm would also let it have a bit of postgame with the chocobo farm and probably some extra stuff and a hidden superboss or two.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Yeah I wonder if they'll change Nibelheim to Niflheim too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
20 years later I just realized Jenova only looks like a female human because it was imitating a Cetra when it was "killed".

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Just Andi Now posted:

Probably not. Nibelheim is deliberately spelled that way in Japanese (ニブルハイム niburuhaimu) vs Niflheim (ニフルハイム nifuruhaimu). Just like Midgar deliberately dropped the 'd' in Japanese (ミッドガル middogaru vs ミッドガード middoga-do).

What about the Midgar Zolom?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That Hojo beach cutscene is going to be glorious in part 2

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I thought nothing could top the writing in Dirge of Cerberus, but now I'm watching someone play Crisis Core...

Also what the hell is this combat system?!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Schwartzcough posted:

Yes. That's why they made it on the canonical sex list.

I'm sorry, the what list?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I assume SOLDIER after the Nibelheim incident is basically a shadow of its former self after losing Sephiroth, Zack, all the Crisis Core characters, which is why they’re only good for random battles for the FF7 cast.

The remake is probably going to expand on how SOLDIER is doing since there seems to be at least one named SOLDIER chasing the party(the guy on the motorcycle from the trailers).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Gonna load up on counter attack materia and jsut watch enemies kill themselves on Cloud.

When's the earliest you can get Counter? I wonder if a "Pacifist" run is possible.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So a bunch of screenshots were released and uhhh

Spoilers I guess?

Is this outside Midgar? Maybe some sidequests will take you outside.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Elentor posted:

That looks like the slums, yes.

Why does the slums have literal cliffs in it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

have I lost my mind or isn't it straight up text that powerful materia coalesces in mako reactors, such as huge materia?

Yes that’s the plot.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/xenosaga7/status/1229534542349750272?s=20

...How? Uncompressed cutscenes?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
With my Canadian internet I believe that would take me about 3 days to download.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Oxxidation posted:

most if not all game discs these days function more as keys to let the rest of it download online, the full game is never on the disc itself

I don’t think this is correct, it downloads from the disk.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The cutscenes would be 4k wouldn't they?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

I wonder if they'll even give you the choice between sneaking in the side or busting in the front?

There's a scene in the trailer of them going up the stairs so definitely.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Apparently Baby Ruth and Crunch bars are doing the same thing. If the DLC is a sword for Cloud that’s a giant candy bar I’d totally be up for it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Was anyone else taking a lot of seemingly unavoidable damage? Are you meant to have to chug quite a few potions? I think I used around 10 throughout the demo.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do any of the previews out mention what triangle button does with Aerith?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

HD DAD posted:

I kept up with the script leaks and spoilers and I can tell you two of these are true.

Those are two and three right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Also, he's a robot, so who gives a poo poo if he "dies"?

Which brings up a point I never considered: how do items and healing magic work on him? :psyduck:

Reeve doesn't control Cait Sith all the time so there's an AI in the robot that controls it when he's away or busy. The AIs are unique so the Cait Sith that dies and the 2nd Cait Sith aren't exactly the same. Still, his "heroic sacrifice" is meant to be a joke. Especially when the new Cait Sith appears just as something dramatic is happening.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's been a looong time since I played FF7 but I remember the boss of the Shinra mansion being very frustrating.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Why do you assume it’ll be 4 parts instead of 2 or 3?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hope they do more with Tifa’s master. Seemed like an interesting character but they did nothing with him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Game mechanics idea: Cid should be the only character able to jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really don't think you can judge the difficulty of a game from a demo of literally the first level.