Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Just started this game, I need a break from Bloodborne (even if the sweet blood still sings to me).

Is the primary strategy in this game mashing square until my ATB bar fills, then I do a thrust attack into them to pressure/stagger them, then I go nuts with punisher mode and spam the special ability attacks? Like what other tricks should I aim for?

And when should I block or evade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Honestly coming off soulsborne controls it's loving me up. Also, why is R1 dash out of combat, but R1 is block in combat, and circle is dodge. Ah. This is going to rewire my brain.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Okay I just fought those two sweepers right after biking up to the plate. I mean, I killed them, eventually, after popping a couple of hi-potions. But god drat I'm taking huge hits and constant chips that deplete me hard.

Any survivability tips?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Tifa‘s tits are already freaking huge

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
How much of Tifa's tit size was a Thing that idiot Gamers got mad about and how much of is people trying to take cheap shots at idiot Gamers? Because, at launch, Tifa's tits are already extremely large, and very well proportioned, you'd expect people to get red but not mad at them.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Anyway, I've made a little progress on this game, just fought Reno, not as much progress as I'd like, I'm not actually enjoying the combat, too many stuns that completely gently caress with me, no slick i-framing through enemy attacks, and few opportunities to heal when I take unavoidable damage. Also a ton of padding. Alot of really cool world-building however, that really fleshes out the world and the themes.

On the topic of whatever these weird ghost things are, my theory is that they're a metatextual commentary on the fact that this is all a retreat of an old game, something that is trying to make sure Cloud's actions conform with the timeline, making sure Cloud takes Jessie's place in the Sector 5 bombing, making sure Aeris escapes the Turks. So are these ghosts from Jenova so it gets to absorb Holy, or from Planet to make sure Aeris will cast Holy? I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Did they ever explain what was up with that door? Could it have been a texture streaming bug? Because Unreal Engine is notorious for such issues.