Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Since we appear to have Good Cloud and Good Aerith again, and we do appear to have Wall Market fun, I am excited for this game.

The rest of them, maybe not. But at least we will always have this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If Tifa doesn't just haul off and deck Scarlet when Scarlet slaps her I will be very disappointed.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That carbuncle and chocobo chick are terrifying.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

FF13 killed me because I didn't understand how staggering worked.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Renaming Dagger to anything else is great because it makes the scene really dumb.

And really, isn't that the important thing about renamable characters? Making scenes really dumb?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Elentor posted:

I'm gonna reveal a most terrible secret

I don't think I've ever renamed a character in an JRPG.

First playthrough, yes, everything canon (to the point where I get annoyed if there isn't a default name).

But if you're going to replay the game you may as well make it dumber.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Square Enix is an absolute disaster behind the scenes, so I'd be more surprised if they did know how many installments there will be.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

That would be because Sabin is an optional character to pick up. The game just puts him squarely in your path, so most people wind up getting him before they go to Edgar.

Ace Transmuter posted:

The non-linearity combined with the cart limitations ruined it, though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It took me a while to figure out that dodging didn't get you iframes and you should really block everything.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I wonder what will happen if they call it Midgardsormr. Will people freak out about the 'name change'?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I liked Reno and Rude in AC.

And Rufus diving off the side of that building was cool.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

The main reason I watch streams is because I can't erase memories of games from my mind so I vicariously relive my first experiences through others.

Huh. I never realized that is also why I like to watch single player streams more than multiplayer streams.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It's not like Kingdom Hearts was that massive on Final Fantasy anyway, and the first sequel basically went whole hog on original characters.

Like, the big FF character introductions in KH2 are Setzer and Vivi as minor cameos as opponents in a battle arena where you pick up orbs, Seifer and his flunkies as younger and lamer versions of themselves from 8, YRP as tiny pixies for some reason, and Tifa. Tifa is cool and good and has one of the best moments in the game, but that's not a great showing overall.

ImpAtom posted:

See if you can guess who they all are. You might be surprised!!

If I remember correctly, the big surprise is that the dude second from the left is Iago. not Jafar.

Unless he is Jafar's staff, who I know is also a character from the game.

Otherwise, from left to right, Hades, Ratigan, the Queen of Hearts, Scar, Evil Queen, and Maleficent, right?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Close.Hades, The Sultan (from Aladdin. His gimmick is that Jafar is his second in command), Ursula, Queen of Hearts, Scar, Evil Queen and Maleficent.

The sultan is barely even a villain, wow.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Who is the one responsible for a horrible society that forces people like Aladdin to steal food to survive and then cuts off their hands. :colbert:

I mean, yes, but by that logic most of our hero's parents should be in that game since most of them are royalty.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

XII's cast is good, it's just that they have three other people that barely matter following them around for some reason.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Just Andi Now posted:

I'd say two and a half. Vaan is set up as a foil for Ashe with regards to using the nukes for revenge. (Unless number three was someone other than Vaan.)

Yeah, but that comes late in the game, and until then Vaan exists entirely as a viewpoint character because they didn't want to make Balthier, Basch, or Ashe the actual main character.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

FFXIV has the common MMO problem of all the content below max level being easy, both because the devs want to get you to current content quicker and because the roulette system meaning most people you party with will already know the fights and be overgeared for the fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Huh, I did in fact completely miss that. It also didn't really stop me beating the game, so I guess that's why.

Same, but it did make that section with Sazh and Vanille when neither of them has COM yet and you fight a bunch of enemies that take basically no damage unless you stagger them really annoying. I figured you were supposed to use SAB and SYN, but I always used them at the same time, so I wasn't actually hitting the enemies to increase the stagger bar. I just buffed/debuffed, switched to double RAV, and hoped that I could properly stagger attacks so that the bar couldn't drop all the way to zero.

It sucked and I was very upset at the game. Now I am very upset at myself.