Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So when I unlocked the fight with Leviathan at the start of Chapter 13, he straight one shot me through blocks from full health with his big AoE hit all attack (Tidal Wave?). I am in chapter 14 now, which I assume is when you're really supposed to fighting him based on that Chapter 13 experience. Is there a recommended set of weapons, gear, or materia to fight him, beyond having lightning and healing materia, of course?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

postmodifier posted:

If you just want the summon materia, there is no shame in temporarily lowering the difficulty to Easy in order to chump him. Link lightning+elemental to both Cloud and Barret's weapons, use a spell to pressure him and then unload focused thrust/shot to pretty much immediately stagger him. Switch to Tifa and dump a few triangle chains to boost the stagger damage % and then go to town. He dies in about two cycles of that and you don't even have to heal once.

Wait, am I supposed to have two Elemental materia? I only found one while adventuring with Aerith.

I am pretty certain I missed some things in my first, blind run.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I wish all Materia of a type would level up in unison, or there was some way to upgrade them so the ones I haven't used previously weren't worthless. The weapons do this so I don't get why Materia doesn't.

Same. Materia level up wicked slow. I think it took ten chapters to max one materia I had since the start of the game.