Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Five triple 20s and a 1 to finish up, no?

kaworu posted:

Any tips, as well, in general? Cool stuff or semi-secret stuff I might miss?

If someone offers to sell you info for a big chunk of money, pay it right away, as you may not get another chance and then you will kick yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You can use offensive magic in this game. It’s the green Materia.

Yeah but you generate ATB by attacking, and if you can't attack, you get to cast one spell a minute maybe? And you might need to use that to heal, since the boss is probably constantly doing attacks that are draining your whole party (at least, until you've figured out how their attacks work - typically at the end of the fight for me!)

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
The monkey bar sections are absolutely terrrrrible. After completing the game I replayed chapter 16 as I picked the wrong option at a crucial time, and while it did give me the opportunity to do the stairs sequence, I despaired at having to do the monkey bars again.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I basically used all my elixirs fighting one man and his dog, chopping away at his health rather than fighting him the "correct" way, but I'll have to see how that fight is on hard mode with no items!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It sometimes happens to me right at the end of the fight so at that point I just power through and accept that everyone else is gonna be on 1 hp. Does materia still get the AP if the owner is dead?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I'm not quite at that fight yet, but the simulation fights are quite satisfying, even when I've lost the Hard mode fights, it's usually been near the end and didn't feel cheap. Replaying them and linking elemental materia in armour does feel a bit cheap though. Negating thunder in the solo fights makes it a breeze, and thunder spells are also very deadly to some of the opponents at the same time.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Ytlaya posted:

drat, Aerith living in this fancy 3-story mansion in the slums

And where does Elmyra sleep in that house? Two bedrooms but one's for Aerith and the other is "spare". I think she's actually a robonanny planted by Shinra to keep Aerith in place.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

SlimGoodbody posted:

I think there's a door on the first floor you can't open

There is but it (like every door you can't open) is a shitter. This is cannon (like my shitter).

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
One of the problems with the battles when it comes to the summons is that it's hard to tell what the special moves really achieve as you'll probably be paying attention to what your player-controlled character is doing. I haven't really watched YouTube fights of games I'm actively playing before but it's the best way to actually figure this stuff out. I'm not going to play an hour of a chapter and spend 10 minutes building up a summon to have a mess around with Hell House, for example.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I'm almost at that part on hard mode, maybe I'll take the opportunity...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
After you beat the big monster at the start of chapter 10, Aerith asks if it lives in the sewer. Does she think it maybe commutes in?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Ulio posted:

Btw is there a way to dodge the unblockable attack he does after his flying round, hellbound I think it's called?

I think once he's flown around a bit, you can interrupt him with a high power move and he won't do the nasty attack. I know the aga spells work cos I've used them when fighting it recently, but you probably only have the second level spells and I don't know if they'll do it.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
The designers talked about that in a recent interview, they wanted sector 7 to have a real homey feel to it.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I was searching for those on the PS store yesterday and couldn't find them because it's hot garbage, so thanks for posting the actual link!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

uhm, guys.

I guess the FF7 butterfinger DLC is free now?

Final Fantasy VII Remake DLC:
Corneo's Armlet
Superstar Belt
Mako Crystal
Midgar Bangle
Shinra Bangle

PS Store link

Slickdeals Thread

Awwwshit, not available in the UK. Goddamn region locks!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Veib posted:

Have you checked the actual UK PSN store because clicking a link to a US store page doesn't redirect properly to the same page on your local store, and they're available for me in Finland

Yeah I have. I could still be doing something stupid but I'm pretty sure I've failed correctly!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I would replay it on hard mode (and indeed am), you'll get a lot more out of it that way, I think.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
For me, he always seemed so far away that braver would never have hit him and reloading takes like 1 second. Of course, I had the last laugh knowing this was almost the last fight so I was free to use all my elixirs etc

I did not feel so smart several boss battles later

I will be interested in how it works when I get there on hard mode though

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I only ever bought FF7 when I saw it for cheap at a car boot sale while visiting family on the other side of England so maybe I'd have never got into it otherwise!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I just wanted Elentor to get far enough into her LP to talk about the giant sun lamps alluded to in her original LP (talking about power bills to light the slums, spotlights from above... it was uncanny!)

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Elentor posted:

Sorry friend, I've been really burned out. I really apologize.

No need to apologise, many just appreciated any and all thoughts you had on the game. And your plentiful wisdom first time round!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Elentor posted:

I would not be surprised if FF7R2 is gonna be called FF7 Rebuild instead of FF7 Remake Part 2
FF7 Reimagine
FF7 Divergence

I will be very mad if it's called FF7 Memento.

Presumably FF7 Reunion has to be in there somewhere

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Silly question, but if you could bring forwards the next remake release by 6 months but it would have 2 more hours of monkey bar sections, would you do it?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

el oso posted:

I listened to this for 4 hours yesterday alone so that's fine by me too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um8WhsCrqbw

I know you can take a wrong turn in that section but that's ridiculous!!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Ulio posted:

Anyway finished the game on hard. It was easy till like the Eligor boss fight because he casts reflect nonstop, the vr battle vs top secret was also hard. Other than that I think it was fairly straight forward even with the new moves for the bosses.
Basically in chapter 17 if u get the gotterdammerung the end game is a piece of cake, without it I could see it being a bit harder.

I finished it on hard today as well, didn't have gotter but it was still relatively straightforward. While you have to have a good plan to beat Rufus and the Arsenal, you can just sorta do what you want against the Whispers (kinda wish I knew what was going on but it worked so never mind).

I'm not one to really pay much attention to trophies, but it's funny how slightly more players have gotten all 9 outfits than have gotten all the enemy skills. I don't think I can be bothered to go back and redo chapter 10 to get Cloud's 10th manuscript, I can't imagine doing all the outfit tasks over and over...

Edit: repeat chapter 9, I mean..

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 6, 2020

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I don't know what the problem is but they better drat well fix it

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
If games like Rayman can do it I don't see why it's unfathomable for FF7R...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I can really empthises with aliens in sci-fi now when they cautiously refer to our planet as "Ert".

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Shoulda called it First Fantasy you mean

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
As an Amiga alumni, the best way to jump is pressing up on the d-pad.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Pretty sure that wasn't the first dude who Aerith had cracked with a chair, anyone who complains, that's a chairing. Alternate answer, no one else wants to live near the river as it reeks and is full of poo poo (but fertilises the gardens well enough).

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Ventana posted:

Writing wise it's not super different from FF7R when Barret stammers when talking to Aerith about the Promised Land/Cetra.

When Barret starts speechifying about that stuff it's not to inform you about the deep lore of the game, it's to show you how important this is to him. It's not the same as a text dump you might as well have read off a menu/loading screen.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

LadyPictureShow posted:

Barret just rolls his eyes and shouts "Hey Tifa! Soldier Boy didn't know about the Evil Houses!" and they laugh and laugh.

Yeah this is more my thinking, that living in the slums with the dregs of Shinra using them as a dumping ground, they'll have seen far worse than that. Probably get more scared by the tonberries...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

exquisite tea posted:

I thought Roche's whole deal was that he was an ex-SOLDIER that even Shinra barely tolerated.

Where did you get the idea that the guy specifically introduced as SOLDIER was in fact not what they said he was? Not that this would be unheard of, of course...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

exquisite tea posted:

That's uh, not what I said.

I literally quoted what you said, which is what I said, unless I'm going crazy?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
The thing I liked was that the sector plate they dropped was the same one where you go to visit Jessie's parents, the one specifically described as being for Shinra employees. Loyal... lifers... and just as expendible as anyone else. Would have been quite neat for Heidegger or the prez to scoff that the pillar deserved to be abandoned for the indignity of suffering a full-on Avalanche HQ attack, but that's only my head-canon. Also, Roche was probably still on the plate as it fell and joyrode it all the way down.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Gob confirmed for FFR2?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
In other words you ended up hoarding your mp like a pouch of elixirs

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Rochemeo and... JulieAerith?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Ah good my guilt at skipping the bike mini game on hard is assuaged. I did try, just... not that hard.