Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Trying not to read much info on this game to avoid getting spoiled but, is there any kind of reason to play this again on hard mode? Do your materia levels carry over? Are there some things you can only get / do on hard mode? If not 'play again on hard mode', is there a reason to play the game again in NG+?

edit: VVV Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

redreader fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jun 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a way to check what enemy skills are in my enemy skill materia?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Arkage posted:

Yea that was the hardest boss for me. I think I ended up summoning someone to get through it.

I just played it a bunch, and the hardest boss for me was the chalice dungeon Amygdala. Honorable mentions for Pthumerian Descendent and Hot Dog. The toughest bosses in the non-dungeon game were Laurence and Child of Kos.

I have Sekiro: final boss blocking me from finishing Sekiro. I've tried it about twice for a 45 minute session each time. I got it so that I can do the first form without healing or taking any damage, it's really fast. I can't get past the second form though. I need to just sit down and learn/play it a bit more. I enjoyed Sekiro but it's my least favourite From game (starting with Demon's souls)

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I just finished this the first time. I intend to play it again on hard. Can I still be spoiled or can I go to the spoiler thread?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Agents are GO! posted:

Yeah that's the big boy thread.

That didn't answer my question. Maybe I didn't ask it properly: Have I "seen everything" or have I not seen everything from only having finished it once, and there are still big story spoilers that only happen when you play it again on hard mode?

If I go to the spoiler thread, will they be talking about stuff I haven't seen?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Veib posted:

There's nothing new about the main story on Hard, but there are new combat simulators on Hard and then a cutscene with Chadley after you beat all of them

Thanks! Doesn't sound like an alternate ending or anything.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Dell_Zincht posted:

Haha, as much as you may wish the ending was different, that's all you're getting :p

I loved the entire game including the ending.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

WaltherFeng posted:

Wow Leviathan is very unfun fight. Ill do this when Im OP as hell.

You can do it when you've done all of the other available side-quests before the "once you do this you can't go back!' point.

edit: man some fights just loving killed me. You save up 2 atb points and use them on some super-move and as soon as you press the button the enemy dodges and your super-move dumbly executes on thin air.

My other favourite is using up 22 mp on some -aga spell and as soon as you use the mp you get hit and go flying and you never even cast the loving spell. Or you cast it and the bad guy just dodges it

redreader fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
So when Cloud does punisher mode attacks and finishes the combo, is that the heavy attack? Sometimes he glows red, is that the berserk status? Also, that Tifa video is crazy, and I tried chi trap a few times in one or two fights and it hit enemies like 2-3 times and they then went elsewhere. In that video the enemy stays in the trap. Did I just pick the worst enemies to use it on or something? Also, why is Tifa dodging in that video sometimes, for no reason?